Minecraft 2014

TheOrcKing

So I know the instant winner for us QFLL right now seems like the cave. (And purely because of Price Point it may be)

I think some of the demand may be artificial though, all of us look at the cave as the cheapest, safest bet. Its easy to throw 5 in a cart, pay 100 and be happy. Is this really the set most kids are going to ask for when they write their Christmas list? I can only imagine how many of these are stocked up on by all of us QFLL. It seems like the most in demand set, but is it only the most in demand set by us?

Most people who actually want the set are only going to buy one, and most of these sets which will be gifts probably haven't even been purchased yet. I'd venture to guess a very significant percentage of sales have gone to flippers so far. 

Just throwing it out there for discussion, as a minecraft n00b take it for what its worth. Interested to hear what everyone is thinking 

The rank on Amazon is 164 in Toys & Games.  That is all.

• Like 1

Whoah, that is hardcore! You are setting up shop outside a TRU?!? I would love to see how this works. Are you standing outside holding Legos? Are people skeptical?

Anything you could tell me about how this plays out would be awesome.

Not sure if you are serious or not, but if you are..... TRU parking lot selling is not actually recommended, sort of a joke around here. Well, at least for some. Note, you will often see this practice mentioned with "hotcakes". They are not actually selling hotcakes. So when you hear about someone selling hotcakes out of their trunk at TRU, just move along...   ; )

• Like 2

No way QFLL are scooping up all the mine craft. Microsoft bought minecraft for a couple of BILLION because they think they are going to make money. If you don't interact with preteens and teens then u don't understand the demographic. I am already getting responses to my craigslist ad posted last night. This will be the best flip because you can't buy in any store. If they sell out in the next 3 days at shop at home it will be pay dirt. Only concern I have is returns when it hits store shelves which is why I'm trying to sell on Craigslist and TRU parking lot.

Cladner, if you get this setup running successfully, let me know and we'll franchise it...ice cream in the summer and LEGO in the winter...you can't lose!

wK0YhhY.jpg

• Like 3

Cladner, if you get this setup running successfully, let me know and we'll franchise it...ice cream in the summer and LEGO in the winter...you can't lose!

how did you get a picture of me?

all the TRU's around me are not in locations where people are spending 3 x msrp on little plastic bricks.

so no i won't actually be huckstering minecraft with the got tumblers?  got minecraft?  sandwich sign in the tru parking lot as entertaining as it might be for a new reality show i'm trying to get on bravo called brickpicker wars.   it goes through the trials and tribulations of the QFLL as they struggle to find new and ingenious ways to wheel and deal in lego while trying to stay one brick ahead of the competition, dealing with uncooperative TRU managers, and trying to master the jedi mind powers of pseudoty.  thursday after the real housewives of milwaukee.

somehow i see the first episode ends up with me getting put in the back of cop car and my tumblers and minecraft being confiscated.  YEP!

• Like 2

A little hand slap I just got from an online retailer, lol...yes, she really went and pulled the Grandma and Little Johnny card on me:

"We have a very limited supply of these LEGO sets and after we saw that some resellers were trying to buy all of our stock we had to institute a limit so that our customers would still be able to buy them from us (Grandmas trying to find them for Grandkids for Christmas sorta thing, not profiteers trying to buy them for ebay sorta thing) We cannot control who tries to profiteer off the demand of these products but we can limit purchases. We are not a distributer for LEGO we are a reseller. If you wish to purchase LEGO

Edited by LegoManiacc

A little hand slap I just got from an online retailer, lol...yes, she really went and pulled the Grandma and Little Johnny card on me:

"We have a very limited supply of these LEGO sets and after we saw that some resellers were trying to buy all of our stock we had to institute a limit so that our customers would still be able to buy them from us (Grandmas trying to find them for Grandkids for Christmas sorta thing, not profiteers trying to buy them for ebay sorta thing) We cannot control who tries to profiteer off the demand of these products but we can limit purchases. We are not a distributer for LEGO we are a reseller. If you wish to purchase LEGO

LOL - was that from Jinx?

yes, that's the one, lol. We had a nice long philosophical discussion between what is a "for profit" vs a "profiteer".

No hard feelings...I get their side of it. This is actually the first year I'm really setting out to make money on quick flipping out of stock sets....does feel a bit slimy...but hey, in the end, I think the extra $ will help ease the pain.

Edited by LegoManiacc
  • Like 1

I do like the fact that these are basic bricks in "realistic" colors.  I hated having to build stuff out of blue, red, yellow, and white, it didn't seem "normal".

True. I remember how majority of my first builds as a child were yellow due to sets like the original Lego Castle and others.

21113 has the zombie.

'nuff said.

Also 21118 The Mine but The Cave is the significantly cheaper one so more people would probably pick that instead especially for army building if anyone wants to go that way I guess.