Minecraft 2014

TheOrcKing

The First Night offers a great amount to play & build with and The Ender Dragon is going to be a massive hit.

I never played this game but these two sets are my favorites. The others may be cool ^^ but they most likely look like some play sets.

These two are also great for display (the fact that the main character in its blue armor is exclusive to "the ender dragon" set will help it even more).

edit: most of the sets are not very expensive !!! o_O

Edited by biniou

The First Night offers a great amount to play & build with and The Ender Dragon is going to be a massive hit.

I never played this game but these two sets are my favorites. The others may be cool ^^ but they most likely look like some play sets.

These two are also great for display (the fact that the main character in its blue armor is exclusive to "the ender dragon" set will help it even more).

edit: most of the sets are not very expensive !!! o_O

I think those two are the definitive sets for Minecraft with the beginning of the journey (The First Night) and the end (The Ender Dragon). Everything basically are playsets meant for expanding your very own custom Minecraft world but The First Night and Ender Dragon seem like the most complete idea by themselves. Plus The First Night is the cheapest way of obtaining a Creeper which is a standard enemy of the game.

With a 7 year old son...this is Christmas all in one!!! Kids are going to LOVE the playability of these sets...the microworlds just are not able to be played with very well. I am already looking foward to seeing the worlds that will be added onto by my son. 

I think the first night and the Crafting box will be the biggest sellers.

Anybody happen to check out the newest edition of Lego Club magazine? There is a pretty cool Minecraft poster inside that offers a sneak peek at the new Minecraft minifig scale worlds. My kids are pretty fired up.

Anybody heard any rumors about a release date?

Sorry Mods...can you please fix my typo in the title? Thank you!

Edited by odysea11

Have these become available on the US Store yet? They popped up yesterday on the Australian store.

No, not yet here in the US.

It has been discussed in the Minecraft 2014 thread. Video review of all the sets and release dates in that thread. Lego magazine is new though. That will help the initial boom this Christmas

Thanks YoungGun, I didn't even check there first.

I've just seen the 2014 minecraft city-sized sets reviewed by sir jangbricks. :victory:

http://www.youtube.com/results?lclk=week&search_query=jangbricks+minecraft&filters=week

Set 21113 (cave) is ok :) I like the orange bricks, the spider... I think it's a good little set. Great for the price.

Set 21114 (farm) is meh and it can only be interesting if you use it with another set as an extension.

Along with the set 21115 it's great, but alone, it's meh.

LEGO Minecraft Creative Box (21116)'' target='_blank'>LEGO Minecraft Creative Box (21116) target='_blank'>LEGO Minecraft Creative Box (21116)'' target='_blank'>LEGO Minecraft Creative Box (21116)>LEGO Minecraft Creative Box (21116)'' target='_blank'>LEGO Minecraft Creative Box (21116) target='_blank'>LEGO Minecraft Creative Box (21116)

Animals included can be interesting though.

I don't know what to think about the set 21116 (8 in 1). Some builds looks quite fun but some others look like bricks thrown randomly. It's a good way to get some more bricks but that's it. It seems that some funny sets can be created thanks to the different colored bricks:

'>

Set 21117 (ender dragon) is not as good as I expected  :notme:  and the best part IMHO is not the dragon but steve's accessories (helmet, etc.). The dragon is ok though but the rest is quite disappointing (see the video). Lots of sand and black bricks. I personally don't like this one.

Set 21118 (the mine) seems quite fun and is very playable, but can hardly be used for display, and because it's a mine/cave, it can't be displayed along with the other sets (it's supposed to be buried). If you want to put it along and pretend that it's a mountain, there are a lot of hole on sides so it's still not ok for display IMO. And there are lots of grey bricks, so not very interesting for pieces.

Last but not least, the set 21115 is even better than what I thought :kiss: , because some parts (the roof) can be moved and put on sides, and the house itself is great (some details inside). It's definitely my prefered set. Minifigs included are cool too. And it's not very expensive. Certainly it's obvious that it's the most appealing set so it will be hoarded... ah ah.

Oh and it can be the "central" set of the theme, because it can be extended (sort of) with the farm and the cave.

See it side by side with the farm set: LEGO Minecraft Creative Box (21116)'' target='_blank'>LEGO Minecraft Creative Box (21116) target='_blank'>LEGO Minecraft Creative Box (21116)'' target='_blank'>LEGO Minecraft Creative Box (21116)>LEGO Minecraft Creative Box (21116)'' target='_blank'>LEGO Minecraft Creative Box (21116) target='_blank'>LEGO Minecraft Creative Box (21116)

For display I can easily imagine something like

21113 (cave) / 21116 (some parts used as a connection) / 21115 (house) / 21114 (farm) / 21116 (some other parts used as a connection) / 21117 (ender dragon).

Steve lives in the house in the middle, go for XP and materials on the left, and fight the boss on the right. The light brick in the ender set could be used inside the house to make it even more living.

The 21118 is difficult to put somewhere along for display, and it's the most expensive set with nothing so special (except the iron armor), so if I wanted a minecraft diorama I would pass this one... unless I could have it on a discount... like I did the Moria Mines (LOTR) and the Gobblin king (Hobbit).

For investment I still think that the set 21115 (first night / house) is the best, and next the 21117 (ender dragon) but I would not grab this one at RRP.

Sorry for that long post, I realize now it's a bit too long. :cheese:

Are the new Minecraft sets going to be a widely offered theme that will be in retail stores, or are they semi-exclusive like the Microworld sets?

Have not heard, but there is a poster showing off the new sets in this months Lego Club magazine. Said poster is now hanging in my sons room. Marketing 101 at its finest.

Edited by Migration
  • Like 1

Are the new Minecraft sets going to be a widely offered theme that will be in retail stores, or are they semi-exclusive like the Microworld sets?

I'm trying to figure that out myself. I think they are only going to be offered online for the rest of this year based on what their Facebook rep said...or maybe they'll be available @ B&M stores in the US in December, but I would think he would have said that if so. If they aren't offered at stores, I would think that would hurt Christmas sales since it would be harder to get the word out on these sets:

LEGO Minecraft Hi Brenda, we just wanted to get back to you and let you know that we mistyped where they'd be available. They will only be available to purchase online in November. At least you won't have to beat the masses

Bought two complete sets of 21113-21118 yesterday, just got the shipping notice today. Excited to check them out.

The cheapest 4 sets are already in Amazon's top 100 (they are all ranked 40-60 or so) best selling toys which is updated hourly.

That's WITHOUT the sets coming up in the search when you type in "LEGO Minecraft"...pretty impressive! Imagine when they start coming up under those search results.