Minecraft 2014

TheOrcKing

It's interesting to see what order they go out of stock in...that's a strange one to go 2nd for Target, wonder if they just ordered too few. Would have thought it would be 21115 given that they priced it $5 too low to start.

I agree. But I guess it is a great set that seems to go well with any of the others to quickly expand.

Is it just me or are the photos they show with the crafting box confusing? It looks like it only comes with Steve, Skeleton and that red/white cow looking thing, but some of the photos show other figures that are not included. I think this is going to be very confusing for consumers and potentially dangerous for QFLL's.

Interesting twist at Kmart.com...on 21113, it says "Coming Soon! Release date: 12/15/2014"

Perhaps this is the same date from Fry's (I cancelled that order).

Now, is this just the official Kmart "batch" or is this a second wave that will be sent to all retailers?

I wonder if some selling would be in order a couple days before that.

• Like 1

I think these are great sets.  I generally invest in long term in exclusives, however, I could not resist picking up a few of each set with a view to selling in the lead up to Christmas.  I just wondered how those that are more experienced than me see these sets doing this Christmas.

I notice that these seem to be going out of stock with a lot of retailers (both her in the UK and the US), however, they are all in stock with lego shop@home.  Despite this the smaller sets seem to be selling reasonably well above retail on ebay.  These must be a big a seller for lego.  Does history suggest these may go out of stock at lego over the next couple of weeks or is this unlikely?

I am also thinking of listing a couple of box sets of all six sets together.  This worked well for me with the old minecraft sets and also has the advantage of only having to post out one parcel.  Do people think this will appeal or that selling individually may be a better option?

I agree. But I guess it is a great set that seems to go well with any of the others to quickly expand.

Is it just me or are the photos they show with the crafting box confusing? It looks like it only comes with Steve, Skeleton and that red/white cow looking thing, but some of the photos show other figures that are not included. I think this is going to be very confusing for consumers and potentially dangerous for QFLL's.

Just noticed what you were referring to...for Amazon right? I see where that could be an issue with certain buyers...is there an easy to way to get those photos removed that aren't of the specific set?

It is weird but I am actually warming up a smidge to these sets. The blockhead minifigures are still odd and the brick assortment is mainly basic pieces but in a way, the part selection reminds me of the more traditional 'classic' sets of youth where all there was were simple square blocks. Take out the minifigures and you're left with a basic old-style brick bucket essentially. I can see these characters fitting in a Halloween costume party scenario at least. In any case my favorites continue to be the skeleton and mooshroom.

So I know the instant winner for us QFLL right now seems like the cave. (And purely because of Price Point it may be)

I think some of the demand may be artificial though, all of us look at the cave as the cheapest, safest bet. Its easy to throw 5 in a cart, pay 100 and be happy. Is this really the set most kids are going to ask for when they write their Christmas list? I can only imagine how many of these are stocked up on by all of us QFLL. It seems like the most in demand set, but is it only the most in demand set by us?

Most people who actually want the set are only going to buy one, and most of these sets which will be gifts probably haven't even been purchased yet. I'd venture to guess a very significant percentage of sales have gone to flippers so far. 

Just throwing it out there for discussion, as a minecraft n00b take it for what its worth. Interested to hear what everyone is thinking 

No way QFLL are scooping up all the mine craft. Microsoft bought minecraft for a couple of BILLION because they think they are going to make money. If you don't interact with preteens and teens then u don't understand the demographic. I am already getting responses to my craigslist ad posted last night. This will be the best flip because you can't buy in any store. If they sell out in the next 3 days at shop at home it will be pay dirt. Only concern I have is returns when it hits store shelves which is why I'm trying to sell on Craigslist and TRU parking lot.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 1

It is weird but I am actually warming up a smidge to these sets. The blockhead minifigures are still odd and the brick assortment is mainly basic pieces but in a way, the part selection reminds me of the more traditional 'classic' sets of youth where all there was were simple square blocks. Take out the minifigures and you're left with a basic old-style brick bucket essentially. I can see these characters fitting in a Halloween costume party scenario at least. In any case my favorites continue to be the skeleton and mooshroom.

I do like the fact that these are basic bricks in "realistic" colors.  I hated having to build stuff out of blue, red, yellow, and white, it didn't seem "normal".

So I know the instant winner for us QFLL right now seems like the cave. (And purely because of Price Point it may be)

I think some of the demand may be artificial though, all of us look at the cave as the cheapest, safest bet. Its easy to throw 5 in a cart, pay 100 and be happy. Is this really the set most kids are going to ask for when they write their Christmas list? I can only imagine how many of these are stocked up on by all of us QFLL. It seems like the most in demand set, but is it only the most in demand set by us?

Most people who actually want the set are only going to buy one, and most of these sets which will be gifts probably haven't even been purchased yet. I'd venture to guess a very significant percentage of sales have gone to flippers so far. 

Just throwing it out there for discussion, as a minecraft n00b take it for what its worth. Interested to hear what everyone is thinking 

As someone who just started playing the demo with their kid, I like The Cave and First Night the best.  In the game, you build a house and if you dig very much, you'll find a cave.  The Cave includes a spider and zombie and The First Night includes a creeper which you'll encounter easily in the game.  The Farm seems a little overpriced, especially when you compare it to The Cave.

I'm sure these will be popular, people just need to know that they're out there.  If they made it to big box stores and people could see them, that would help.  Otherwise, I'm not sure how people find out about them.

Having built 21113-5 I feel like the cave is a winner. It contains 2 great figs and also a spider and it also "captures" many parts of the minecraft game really well: it has different ore you can mine, has great elements like lava, water, obsidian, TNT block, chest, torches, and also grass/dirt terain, and I think it looks great as a small display set as well. I have only played the iPad versions of minecraft but from my experience I think the set did an awesome job of creating the minecraft experience in Lego.