Friends - general discussion

JimBean4

Fan of Friends  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a fan of the Friends theme?

• Yes, but only to invest in.
    • Yes, I like to collect them.
    • Yes, I collect and invest.
    • No, I'm not.

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At first I thought the new princess line will cannibalise friends, then as I go through the list of past, present and future friends sets, it struck me that the lego executive in charge of friends line has a better long term strategy that can satisfy AFOL inner urge to form streets from the same theme. First was city, then creator houses and most recently modular houses. Now it is possible to form friends towns. This certainly has better long term appeal as compared to the princess line. Girls can be just as obsessive when it comes to collecting lego real estates, as evident in modular houses.

So do they just say sorry we can't sell that to you?

Did you order any of the new Friends sets that are on TRU.com right now?

I've got two Beach Houses on the way (shipped) arriving tomorrow.  I ordered them last week Thursday.  My Rapunzel's Tower shipped too, and should be here tomorrow as well (knock on wood).  Both ordered through TRU online.

And yes, the clerk at the register tells you after she scans the box that she can't sell it to you and puts it behind the counter.  This happened to me with the new Hobbit Lake Town Chase set last month.  Completely infuriating really.

I've got two Beach Houses on the way (shipped) arriving tomorrow.  I ordered them last week Thursday.  My Rapunzel's Tower shipped too, and should be here tomorrow as well (knock on wood).  Both ordered through TRU online.

I saw the Beach House and Juice Bar in TRU yesterday, so they are making it to store shelves already.

I saw the Beach House and Juice Bar in TRU yesterday, so they are making it to store shelves already.

Yup, there's even a few sold listings on eBay for the Beach House - at great mark-ups BTW. 

Oddly enough, I got the two Beach Houses on the TRU BOGO 50% off, so grand total was a shade under $80.

Having just written my monthly update of the top 20 set returns list I came across some nice surprises showing evidence of a couple of very strong performers from Friends wave 1.  It really strengthened my thoughts on whether the theme would have good prospects or not.  

Check out the recent performance 3187 Butterfly Beauty Shop and 3934 Mia's Puppy House   That's some very solid post EOL growth!

Having just written my monthly update of the top 20 set returns list I came across some nice surprises showing evidence of a couple of very strong performers from Friends wave 1.  It really strengthened my thoughts on whether the theme would have good prospects or not.  

Check out the recent performance 3187 Butterfly Beauty Shop and 3934 Mia's Puppy House   That's some very solid post EOL growth!

Surely you meant 3187 and 3942 Heartlake Dog Show ? Not that 3934 was bad, but for a $20 set, 3942 was a monster on its own right  :)   

Although, there was another $10 set in this line that did better than 3942. I wish I had seen the connection sooner and kept a pile of those when they were 50% off. 

I will let the audience figure this one out on their own :P

Surely you meant 3187 and 3942 Heartlake Dog Show ? Not that 3934 was bad, but for a $20 set, 3942 was a monster on its own right  :)   

Although, there was another $10 set in this line that did better than 3942. I wish I had seen the connection sooner and kept a pile of those when they were 50% off. 

I will let the audience figure this one out on their own :P

3936 that would be :)

Both that and the 3942 have very good returns over the last year.  Neither made my top 20 at the end of Oct though.  The 3934 makes the 6 month top 20 list at #9.

Guest TabbyBoy

My local Wal-mart has an abundance of 41013 Emma's Sports Car for 11.00 each.  I know this is a small set and not that much of a markdown but do you guys think its worth picking up a few/all of them?

I'd wait until they drop a bit more, I bought a bunch when they were

My local Wal-mart has an abundance of 41013 Emma's Sports Car for 11.00 each. I know this is a small set and not that much of a markdown but do you guys think its worth picking up a few/all of them?

No I would hold off. It's not a popular set. There are just too many darn cars right now in the Friends line and they don't seem to do well unless they're somehow animal-caretaking-related... Wait til it's heavily discounted or EOL.

Guest TabbyBoy

No I would hold off. It's not a popular set. There are just too many darn cars right now in the Friends line and they don't seem to do well unless they're somehow animal-caretaking-related... Wait til it's heavily discounted or EOL.

I agree, that's why I've bought lots of:

Emma's Horse Trailers

Heartlake Pet Salons

Heartlake Vets

My local Wal-mart has an abundance of 41013 Emma's Sports Car for 11.00 each.  I know this is a small set and not that much of a markdown but do you guys think its worth picking up a few/all of them?

This set just came out recently.  Way too early to be buying it in my opinion.

Someone please reassure me :). So for the last few months I was resistance on investing in friends legos because after all its girly legos which do not interest me at all!!! After shopping around looks like every target, walmart, kmart is completely wiped out of all the friends lego sets and seems to be super popular and sells very well so I went ahead and bought up tons of friends sets mainly from 2012 since closer to EOL. I think I added about 50-75 friends sets stuff like cafe, vet, stables, beauty shop, adv. camper I hope I am not wrong because It would suck to be stuck with 75 boxes of girly legos, Anyone else on this boat .. its hard to deny the facts that friends legos sells but nothing is a sure thing. Any thoughts?