Friends - general discussion

JimBean4

Fan of Friends  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a fan of the Friends theme?

• Yes, but only to invest in.
    • Yes, I like to collect them.
    • Yes, I collect and invest.
    • No, I'm not.

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TabbyBoy

I don't think we have to be embarassed, business is business! :money:

What are the sets you suggest me to buy?

I bought...

20x Emma's Karate Class when John Lewis had them half price.

10x Horse Trailers at 40% off.

10x Dolphin Cruisers at 33% off.

10x Vets at 33% off.

10x Pet Salons at 33% off.

10x Beauty Salons at 33% off. (all sold for 3x what I paid)

When I have more room, I have my eye on 10x Riding Schools also.

Guest TabbyBoy

I think that Emma's Horse Trailer will be a good one to have.  It is a Target exclusive. 

So do I which is why I have 10 of them.  They are widely available in the UK.

Ignore the pink girlie stuff at your peril...

Here is one little thought---Rehearsal Stage, 41004

Two words...Revolving Stage...very cool...one side is the stage and the other side has a ballet bar

I thought that was a nicely quirky feature of the set. Plus it comes with a sweet custom guitar! post-2081-0-57257100-1375748099.gif Also the Series 2 Pop Star's mike.

Olivia's Tree House, Heartlake Vet, Heartlake Stables, Adventure Camper all now showing Sold Out on LEGO Shop at Home. Rooting hard for Olivia's House to go next.

I noticed that S&**** Canada and USA are 'sold out', but S&**** in Europe still have them in stock.  is it possible that these products will be retired in Canada/US but still be available in the Europe zone?

• 2 weeks later...

I think any large building type structure is going to do well post eol. With friends targetting the young girl market, more and more new users are going to be added to the marketplace. There are a lot of parents who will spend crazy money to get their kids what they want.

Like the stables, tree house or olivias house. Also that dolphin cruiser is going to be plastic gold post eol.

I have 5 boys and 1 girl who are old enough to play with Lego (and a 2yo girl who thinks she is old enough!). The Friends theme is our most popular/desirable right now - more sought-after than Star Wars or Chima. We have everything in the Friends line save for some of the promo sets that came out before I was paying attention to the theme. I think it will be difficult to go wrong with Friends as long as you buy from discounters i.e. don't pay full retail. And some of the sets (like BBS, which I was lucky enough to have purchased before EOL - I think it may have been our first Friends set, actually) are probably still winners even at double retail today.

So far the only set I've had to purchase for more than retail is the Dog Show which I picked up used on eBay. Again, I don't think you can go wrong with any of the full sets though there are a few losers in the small boxes (sets with 50-150 pieces). It's just an awesome toy and as others have said, kids (mine included) can't stop talking about it.

I have a couple of almost every larger Friends set, and I have been getting them all at at least 20% off retail at TRU through coupons and sales or right now on Amazon US.  Take a look at what is sold out on LEGO Shop at Home US but is still available on Amazon at below retail.

As for investing, I think these sets will do something similar to the pre clone wars star wars sets.  They will double quickly, but you have to be careful for remakes as the third and forth series come out.  For example, there will always be a set with horses, and right now Riding Stables is still available retail even though it is sold out on LEGO Shop at Home.  I have been getting a lot, but I plan on selling them 1-2 years after EOL because I am sure there will some sort of remake will come out.

As for investing, I think these sets will do something similar to the pre clone wars star wars sets.  They will double quickly, but you have to be careful for remakes as the third and forth series come out.  For example, there will always be a set with horses, and right now Riding Stables is still available retail even though it is sold out on LEGO Shop at Home.  I have been getting a lot, but I plan on selling them 1-2 years after EOL because I am sure there will some sort of remake will come out.

You could also focus on store exclusive sets, such as Emma's Horse Trailer, which is/was only available through Target.