Friends - general discussion

JimBean4

Fan of Friends  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a fan of the Friends theme?

• Yes, but only to invest in.
    • Yes, I like to collect them.
    • Yes, I collect and invest.
    • No, I'm not.

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That`s surprising! I`ve passed on it and the Camper multiple times while shopping, just cause I`m leery about them. Worth picking up?

Both have the same retail (which for you guys is $39.99, us is $34.99) and are sticking around the $30 value on eBay currently. I feel like City Park Cafe will perform better of the two (if only slightly). I'm actually leaning towards any storefront from the theme to do well when retired.

I have bought about 7 of the Friends sets. I have built the pool and Cafe  I am not real impressed, as they seem to look like store fronts, not real buildings.  But I will say my Grand daughter love's to build them and play with them.  Her brother joins in with his City Stuff, capturing the girls!  I think the point that you should invest in what you like will rule on this one. 

I have bought about 7 of the Friends sets. I have built the pool and Cafe  I am not real impressed, as they seem to look like store fronts, not real buildings.  But I will say my Grand daughter love's to build them and play with them.  Her brother joins in with his City Stuff, capturing the girls!  I think the point that you should invest in what you like will rule on this one.

I think you have captured the point here. When they go EOL, parents, and grandparents :) will still want to buy them.

I'm very sure Olivia's House is going away seeing how much every retailer has or is discounting it, and I believe the other two should be gone soon. City Park Cafe has been on sale around the $28 mark for a good while now and I don't see Heartlake Stables being around after this coming Christmas. Sorry I have nothing definite; just going with my gut here.

Yes, that's kind of what I was doing too. The stables seems to have disappeared around here and some stores have the sets while others say unavailable. Think I am just going to have to get some now. The stores have to drop a few sets anyways I would think around/after Christmas to make room on store shelves for the next wave of Friends.

A good indicator of a strong (or weak) theme is by going to the CAGR by LEGO Theme page. LEGO Friends is ranked third behind Ninjago in second and Monster Fighters in first. I think this shows a clear cut sign of growth of sets to come, as CAGR looks at data over the course of a year, which eliminates much of the error that might happen in monthly data, which can change very significantly in a short amount of time, both for the good and the bad.

The Friends Sets also have great parts in them. Some really cool pieces and colors.

They truly do. I've been collecting just about everything for all the parts in varied colors. I should have plenty of those masonry bricks by now for example as well as other bricks in tan and such.

STAY AWAY from Friends sets... NOTHING TO SEE HERE !!!  :whistle:  :whistle: :whistle:

I totally agree with Darth. Please stay away from Friends. . .and let me rack up the profits.

Yeah, everyone stay well away from Friends. I wish to complete my reserves, er, collection in peace. :shifty: Ah, who am I kidding? They're all for me! I love em' and I simply just cannot get enough of them! :hyper: