Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

3 minutes ago, Battrax said:

Still waiting... we'll see. I couldn't find a seller-specific phone number anyway so I had to use their seller support email form.

Ok - curious to hear what they say. I'd say that by them giving you proof that this product was shipped onwards from the destination you sent it to, they have waived any return claims. But I want to hear Amazon's response to be able to know for sure.

• Like 1

Just now, asharerin said:

You will be covered. Here is Amazon policy on freight forwarders:

About Freight Forwarders and Hand Carry

Using a freight forwarder to ship or hand-carrying items internationally may result in complications not covered by Amazon.

If a freight forwarder or hand-carrying is used, the following terms will apply:

• Amazon won't be responsible for damage, defect, material difference, or loss that occurs to goods after they're delivered to you or a freight forwarder. This means that Amazon isn't able to provide a replacement of, or refund for, any such goods delivered to you or a freight forwarder. You should refuse goods that arrive damaged and instruct freight forwarders to do the same, and goods lost after being received by you or the freight forwarder will be your responsibility.
  • If you (or a freight forwarder you so designate) have a U.S. address, purchase goods from Amazon.com to be shipped to a U.S. location, and then subsequently export the goods, you or the designated freight forwarder are considered the exporter and are solely responsible for compliance with all export and import regulations, including all U.S. export regulations and the import regulations of the destination country. Amazon must not be listed on any export documentation (e.g., export declarations, invoices, packing lists, air waybills, etc.). It is your responsibility to ensure the freight forwarder's most up-to-date U.S. address is used.
  • If you (or a freight forwarder you so designate) do not have a U.S. residence and purchase goods from Amazon.com to be shipped to a U.S. location, you or the designated freight forwarder may not subsequently export the goods without prior written authorization from Amazon.
  • Products that cannot be exported directly from Amazon.com, which you export yourself or through a freight forwarder may not be returned directly to Amazon. Visit Search for Items Eligible for International Shipping to find items that can be exported directly from Amazon.com.

Products offered for export directly from Amazon.com, which you export yourself or through a freight forwarder may be returned to Amazon, provided that you are responsible for acting as the importer of record and all the costs associated with returning the goods to Amazon. Amazon will not serve as the importer of record on returns that were originally exported by you or a freight forwarder. You may locate Amazon's return address by using the Online Returns Center and viewing the Return Mailing Label.

Note: International return labels will not be issued for items sent through a freight forwarder or hand carry. The Return Mailing Label is for U.S. domestic shipments only. In order to use an Amazon pre-paid Return Mailing Label, you must first return the eligible goods to a U.S. address. Then, use the Return Mailing Label to return the goods to the Amazon fulfillment center listed on the Return Mailing Label from that U.S. address. In addition, you become the exporter and importer of record of the shipment; title and risk of loss transfer to Amazon upon receipt of the goods at Amazon's fulfillment 

Thank you - I had seen that and sent it to him as one of his emails to me contained "helpfully" the text of Amazon's return policy stating that it is the seller's responsibility to generate a return etc.

1 minute ago, Phil B said:

Ok - curious to hear what they say. I'd say that by them giving you proof that this product was shipped onwards from the destination you sent it to, they have waived any return claims. But I want to hear Amazon's response to be able to know for sure.

I hope so...

• 2 weeks later...

OK, so here is where we are now... I received the return yesterday after I had told him that I wouldn't be sending him a label to ship from Korea. There is certainly more damage than when I sent it out. In fact, there is a nice puncture on the bottom. Excellent.
 Because I am an idiot, I gave him a full refund minus the $6.99 shipping fee. I feel irritated doing this but at least it is still sealed and I'd rather not have to fight this one.

I forgot to mention, here is what Amazon told me about this in the meantime (just removed URL and spacing):

"Greetings from Amazon Seller Support,

I've reviewed your email and understand that you received a return request for the order #106-1371529-3808234. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause to you.
In this case, If you feel that buyer is taking advantage over this situation or If you feel that the buyer is taking advantage over you or attempting to inappropriately solicit an accommodation from you, you may submit your concerns to our investigations team at  [[removed url]]
Please provide a detailed account of the situation. We ask that you use your best judgment, we also ask that you always try to maintain the same high standard of customer service that we aim to at Amazon.com.
I wish to inform you that it will not affect your metrics.
**In this issue, you may deny the return request or if you like to refund the buyer, I kindly request you to refund the amount by seeing the 'item condition' and by holding the 'shipping fee' for the order which is "partial refund".
Note: Please do not refund until you receive the product from the buyer.
Once the package is returned to you by the carrier then refund the amount to the buyer by seeing the 'item condition' and by holding the 'shipping fee' for the order(partial refund).
Since the mistake is not from your side, just in case the buyer decides to leave a negative feedback for this order, you can always write back to us and we will surely take necessary actions.
If you have any other issue, please do not hesitate to contact us by opening a new case. This will help us to assist you faster.
Have a great day! "

Edited by Battrax

40 minutes ago, Battrax said:

OK, so here is where we are now... I received the return yesterday after I had told him that I wouldn't be sending him a label to ship from Korea. There is certainly more damage than when I sent it out. In fact, there is a nice puncture on the bottom. Excellent.
 Because I am an idiot, I gave him a full refund minus the $6.99 shipping fee. I feel irritated doing this but at least it is still sealed and I'd rather not have to fight this one.

I forgot to mention, here is what Amazon told me about this in the meantime (just removed URL and spacing):

"Greetings from Amazon Seller Support,

I've reviewed your email and understand that you received a return request for the order #106-1371529-3808234. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause to you.
In this case, If you feel that buyer is taking advantage over this situation or If you feel that the buyer is taking advantage over you or attempting to inappropriately solicit an accommodation from you, you may submit your concerns to our investigations team at  [[removed url]]
Please provide a detailed account of the situation. We ask that you use your best judgment, we also ask that you always try to maintain the same high standard of customer service that we aim to at Amazon.com.
I wish to inform you that it will not affect your metrics.
**In this issue, you may deny the return request or if you like to refund the buyer, I kindly request you to refund the amount by seeing the 'item condition' and by holding the 'shipping fee' for the order which is "partial refund".
Note: Please do not refund until you receive the product from the buyer.
Once the package is returned to you by the carrier then refund the amount to the buyer by seeing the 'item condition' and by holding the 'shipping fee' for the order(partial refund).
Since the mistake is not from your side, just in case the buyer decides to leave a negative feedback for this order, you can always write back to us and we will surely take necessary actions.
If you have any other issue, please do not hesitate to contact us by opening a new case. This will help us to assist you faster.
Have a great day! "

be careful while submitting refund. 

you don't have to rush is hitting the submit button. { usually you have about 1-2 hours to go back but not always so don't count on it } { at least for me i have been able to cancel untill 9pm PST. it seems to be the time someone processes or automated batch process handles that. not sure but that what happens for me }

usually with return once you see the hole { how big is the hole/damage. can a bag be fished out from there? } in the set or damage. you need to weigh it { if you have original weight of item. compare. if not best option is to open the set and verify all contents before putting it for sale again.}

I recently started selling on Amazon about a month ago and have received 3 payments from them and none of them were for as much as I expected.

Is there an easy way to see what you have been paid for vs what they are keeping in reserve.

It keeps telling me my transfer amount and then the amount they actually transfer is much lower.

Has anyone experienced this or is there something I can do to better understand this?

11 minutes ago, baldilocks said:

I recently started selling on Amazon about a month ago and have received 3 payments from them and none of them were for as much as I expected.

Is there an easy way to see what you have been paid for vs what they are keeping in reserve.

It keeps telling me my transfer amount and then the amount they actually transfer is much lower.

Has anyone experienced this or is there something I can do to better understand this?

what must be happening is based on the symptom described i am assuming

a. account must "not be subscribed to one of the professional seller plan". 

so your sold item fund is delayed by 2 weeks when that happens basically all your shipping purchased via amazon for current sales are taken "instantaneously" from the fund that was to be deposited to your account in 2 weeks. so by the time the fund gets deposited then you have paid for shipping cost for current 15 days sales. 

ideally, if your sales were linear and similar and shipping costs same after first 2 small payments rest should be all normalizing  but we all know neither of those conditions are true so it will be fluctuating.

other things that may/might have happened are "chargebacks/A-Z claims that would instantaneously freeze your fund" 

Just now, baldilocks said:

I am not selling through FBA so there is no shipping costs that should be deducted and there were no chargebacks or A-Z claims

go to reports => payments 

[ navigate through the statements it should show you how its happening ]

even in FBM if you buy shipping using it can be deducted there. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Phil B said:

Kudos to all of us who sell/have sold on Amazon last quarter: http://www.wired.com/2016/04/whoa-amazon-isnt-just-making-money-making-ever/

$513M in quarterly profits, beating expectations by almost 100%.

Big round of applause ..... :party:

"This quarter, the company’s shipping costs rose 42 percent to $3.28 billion". Now that's what you call a post bill !

5 hours ago, Phil B said:

You mean 16.000oz? First Class package via USPS goes up to 15.999oz nowadays if shipped via Paypal.

Nope! I meant 14...that's why I said it, but thank you for fact checking what was intended to be a lighthearted quip illustrating my dismay at paying an extra few dollars when Amazon's shipping bill exceeds the GDP of nearly 30 countries. It was intended as self lampoonery.

2 minutes ago, themoose9 said:

Nope! I meant 14...that's why I said it, but thank you for fact checking what was intended to be a lighthearted quip illustrating my dismay at paying an extra few dollars when Amazon's shipping bill exceeds the GDP of nearly 30 countries. It was intended as self lampoonery.

And I missed that .....

SpaceballsAsshole.jpg

• 1 month later...

Amazon now funds not-received claims on orders shipped via Shipping Services
May 25, 2016

Effective May 1, 2016, if you've shipped an order using a label purchased from Shipping Services and buyers claim they didn't receive their order and file an A-to-z claim, Amazon will cover that claim. In fact, you won't receive a notification about it, and your Order Defect Rate will not be affected. Learn more about Order Not Received Claims.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Amazon now funds not-received claims on orders shipped via Shipping Services
May 25, 2016

Effective May 1, 2016, if you've shipped an order using a label purchased from Shipping Services and buyers claim they didn't receive their order and file an A-to-z claim, Amazon will cover that claim. In fact, you won't receive a notification about it, and your Order Defect Rate will not be affected. Learn more about Order Not Received Claims.

Wow. Gamechanger 

New feature: Create your own Lightning Deals
Jun 3, 2016

For the first time ever, you can create your own Lightning Deals. Lightning Deals are limited-time sales that run for up to six hours. 

Customers love Lightning Deals, and they can provide great benefits for you as well: 

1. More visibility: Lightning Deals appear on the Deals page, one of the most visited pages on Amazon. 
  2. Halo effect: Lightning Deals may help drive additional customer discovery and sales both during and after the deal.
  3. Clear out inventory: Lightning Deals can help you sell down overstock or seasonal products. 

For more information, see the Lightning Deals Overview help page or create your first Lightning Deal.

I need a bit of help from you Amazon vets.  How do you create a listing for a part of a LEGO set?  For example, if I would like to create a listing for the Mil. Falcon out of the full 75105 set and let's pretend there isn't a listing already, how do I go about doing it?  I've tried creating a listing and there are no red triangles indicating a required field or error, but the "Save and Finish" box is still grayed out.  Any suggestions?

13 minutes ago, Loghamel said:

I need a bit of help from you Amazon vets.  How do you create a listing for a part of a LEGO set?  For example, if I would like to create a listing for the Mil. Falcon out of the full 75105 set and let's pretend there isn't a listing already, how do I go about doing it?  I've tried creating a listing and there are no red triangles indicating a required field or error, but the "Save and Finish" box is still grayed out.  Any suggestions?

You probably need a UPC code.  You will need to buy one online, or get one from someone who has purchased a block of them.

Also keep in mind that you are creating a public "catalog" listing, not your own personal listing.  Anyone else can list your item in their store, change the pictures, change the description, etc.

22 minutes ago, Loghamel said:

PM me if you need a UPC code and I can send one your way.

• Like 2

going to put this in the message board so that fellow b'pickers will be cautious and take precautionary approach while selling exclusives at amazon.

in last few years of selling @ amazon i thought i have seen all sorts of folks. after 8000 orders, i finally have a story to share. [ at least my version of it ]. so have this happened to 3 different exclusives in last 4 weeks.

as you all know, how picky i am with box. so am i with shipping as well. all items are wrapped in bubble wrapped. boxes supported [u-line] and snug fitting boxes.

now in all cases, 

a. buyer claims that i sent item in oversize boxes

b. send me pictures of damaged item [ looks like freight train ran over it ] 

c. there is absolutely no way in the world that would happen to the item the way it was sent.

now comes the return part :

i. sent the return label [ don't want these items going down the drain for that matter ]

ii. obviously oversize box gonna get hit with the additional charge.

iii. finally we get the item and the item is not the one we sent. 

Edited by newbie77

15 minutes ago, newbie77 said:

going to put this in the message board so that fellow b'pickers will be cautious and take precautionary approach while selling exclusives at amazon .

in last few years of selling @ amazon i thought i have seen all sorts of folks. after 8000 orders, i finally have a story to share. [ at least my version of it ]. so have this happened to 3 different exclusives in last 4 weeks.

as you all know, how picky i am with box. so am i with shipping as well. all items are wrapped in bubble wrapped. boxes supported [u-line] and snug fitting boxes.

now in all cases, 

a. buyer claims that i sent item in oversize boxes

b. send me pictures of damaged item [ looks like freight train ran over it ] 

c. there is absolutely no way in the world that would happen to the item the way it was sent.

now comes the return part :

i. sent the return label [ don't want these items going down the drain for that matter ]

ii. obviously oversize box gonna get hit with the additional charge.

iii. finally we get the item and the item is not the one we sent. 

OK, I assume your FBA label is not on it?  Any recourse?