Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

2 minutes ago, themoose9 said:

So my FIRST SALE on Amazon came back with a negative review. Not because the shipment was late (which it wasn't), or packaged poorly (which it wasn't), or the item not being as described (which it was). I used the Amazon supplied pictures and information to list a Rapunzel's Market Visit (30116) and got a negative rating because in the buyer's words, "Item was smaller than showed." Not even considering the grammatical errors, what does that even mean? The dimensions were supplied BY AMAZON , including several pictures. That feedback is akin to "I didn't read the description before I boughted it"

So whats the best way to go about getting that removed? Do I go with the "respond" or "resolve" option?

That one is very easy . Open a case , under feedback enter order number . It should be removed since it is a product review 

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, exciter1 said:

So, does anyone here have a theory as to why so many listings do not have a buy box seller any longer?

They changed something last year in how they do the BB so that it is more directly tied to MSRP even after an item is no longer offered at MSRP.  I went around and around with Seller Support last year to confirm and they confirmed that each of the listings was working correctly.  It's probably an issue of buyer satisfaction and is targeted more at products that are still offered on the primary market, but go out of stock for a period of time.  It would be a huge driver of dissatisfaction if people were buying at a highly infalted price only to see the price drop dramatically when the item came back in stock.  By eliminating the BB when a price rises too high, Amazon ensures that the price that buyers see on the landing page is more consistent.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Holiday selling in toys and games 2016. Looks the same as last year.

Hello from Amazon Services,

As a reminder, to maintain a great customer experience this holiday season, we have established holiday selling guidelines for the Toys & Games store.

Effective on 17th November, 2016, only sellers who meet the criteria listed below will be eligible to sell in the Toys & Games category from 17th November, 2016 through 5th January, 2016.

•       Your first sale on Amazon.com must occur prior to 19th September, 2016. The sale does not need to be specific to the Toys & Games store.
•       You must process and ship at least 25 orders from 1st September, 2016  through 31st October, 2016. The orders do not need to be specific to the Toys & Games store.
•       Your pre-fulfillment cancel rate for the period from 1st October through 31st October, 2016 must be no greater than 1.75%.
•       Your late shipment rate for the period from 1st October through 31st October, 2016 must be no greater than 4%.
•       Your order defect rate must be no greater than 1% short term as of 1st November, 2016.

Orders that use Fulfillment by Amazon will not be subject to the above criteria provided your account is in good standing.

You can find your cancel rate, late shipment rate, and order defect rate in the Performance section of your seller account. If your account does not meet the above criteria, we encourage you to take corrective action now to help ensure your eligibility to sell in the Toys & Games category this holiday season.

Eligibility for selling in the Toys & Games store is determined separately for each country.  If you sell in multiple marketplaces, your accounts will be evaluated for each country.

We will provide final notification about your eligibility to sell in the Toys & Games store by 11th November, 2016. Beginning 12th November, 2016 we will monitor the performance and listings of sellers who are approved to sell in Toys & Games during the holiday season.

Amazon Services reserves the right to cancel listings, remove selling privileges, and prohibit the sale of specific products to maintain a great customer shopping experience.

Here are some steps you can take to remain eligible to sell in Toys & Games throughout the holiday season:

•       Monitor performance metrics and take corrective action when necessary.
•       Utilize Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) to ship products to customers.
•       Check your orders frequently in the Manage Orders section of your account.
•       Minimize order cancellations; only show inventory for sale that you have available to ship.
•       Ship orders and confirm shipment in a timely manner.
•       Ensure your seller policies are up to date.
•       If you work with outside drop-shippers, solidify their SLA commitments for providing prompt shipping confirmation.

Thank you for selling on Amazon.

Regards,
Amazon Services

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Pet shop listing title fixed : check

Tower Bridge listing title fixed : check

next stop Lepin Poe x wing 

man u have a big pull with amazon .. u can un-retire sets as well :D

next stop: controlling warehouse inventory :P

Edited by newbie77
  • Like 2

I have been selling on Amazon for a few years.  I have never used FBA.  The idea somewhat scares me, but I know some have been able to quicker and at higher prices do to prime.  I have a couple of questions and if there is a better place to find answers, please direct me there.

1.  How is the storage fee determined (size/weight/per item)and is it a deterrent?
2.  When selling something via FBA, who covers the shipping of the items to Amazon and then am I charged a shipping fee when the item is purchased?
3.  Are there any other notable differences from FBA and FBM?

Thanks!

On August 23, 2016 at 10:17 PM, Bold-Arrow said:

fixed

1 minute ago, IronManDan said:

I have been selling on Amazon for a few years.  I have never used FBA.  The idea somewhat scares me, but I know some have been able to quicker and at higher prices do to prime.  I have a couple of questions and if there is a better place to find answers, please direct me there.

1.  How is the storage fee determined (size/weight/per item)and is it a deterrent?
2.  When selling something via FBA, who covers the shipping of the items to Amazon and then am I charged a shipping fee when the item is purchased?
3.  Are there any other notable differences from FBA and FBM?

Thanks!

1. volume ( cubic feet )

2.  seller. no

3. it depends what you mean by differences

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bold-Arrow said:

2.  seller. no

Maybe you read that question differently than I did, but with FBA you definitely pay to ship your items in AND fees when the item ships.  You don't pay for postage when it sells, but you pay for 

FBA Order Handling Fee

FBA Pick & Pack Fee

FBA Weight Handling Fee

Referral Fee on Item Price

There are calculators that help you decide if its better to ship FBM or FBA.

• Like 2

Maybe you read that question differently than I did, but with FBA you definitely pay to ship your items in AND fees when the item ships.  You don't pay for postage when it sells, but you pay for 

FBA Order Handling Fee

FBA Pick & Pack Fee

FBA Weight Handling Fee

There are calculators that help you decide if its more profitable per item to ship FBM or FBA.

I fixed that for you. Better is subjective, and losing out a couple bucks but selling 10x quantity in a fraction of the time using FBA might be "better" to some folks.

And I read it the same as you.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DadsAFOL said:

FBA Order Handling Fee

FBA Pick & Pack Fee

FBA Weight Handling Fee

There are calculators that help you decide if its better to ship FBM or FBA.

Great break down . I just meant u don't pay any additional shipping on top of your fees, made more sense in my head .. Lol

6 minutes ago, sauromosis said:

I think most people who use FBA wonder, "Why didn't I do this day 1?"

If I did this full time , I would def do fbm over fba . 

Thanks for the input all.  I am going to jump in.  Any tips on how to start (i.e. shipping off my first lot)?  Any tips of shipping lots out to Amazon? 

I have a patient wife who has tolerated me using a large bedroom for storage, but I will admit, it is a bit out of hand.  I am more of a buy and hold seller as opposed to a quick flipper on most items.

Is it safe to say that it would be a best practice to hold items until the FBA prices are close to my sell range?

• Like 1