Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

5 minutes ago, BrickLegacy said:

Yikes!  So if I never sold on Amazon before today and wanted to sell LEGO, it's a $1k fee?!  Good grief.

The $1k fee is the easy part. Good luck getting those invoices from Lego.

Ebay is going to have to absorb all of the new sellers which should yield some very nice arbitrage opportunities.

Edited by asharerin

3 minutes ago, BrickLegacy said:

Yikes!  So if I never sold on Amazon before today and wanted to sell LEGO, it's a $1k fee?!  Good grief.

Doesn't look good. Over in the Amazon forums people are saying..."that those that sold counterfeit type LEGO will be able to be grandfathered in...but those that are legit that can't/won't pay the fee or never sold before are going to be left out". I'm assuming this will push people this holiday season more to eBay, Brick Classifieds, etc.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sauromosis said:

We dont know for sure that grandfathered is a thing.  Some say no.

All I know is both of our selling accounts are grandfathered into the now gated brands that we have sold previously. They are both in excellent standing. I have no idea what the criteria is if some are still getting booted.

• Like 1

I haven't received any messages from the mothership, but I wonder if that's why we are seeing "discontinued by manufacturer" appear in most titles of retired sets. Seems like that could be a "sign" a "trigger" or whatever you want to call it that sets that are discontinued are no longer subject to the gate.   But new sets that aren't discontinued will fall under the gate.  I'm mostly in those discontinued listings and I don't think these rules will apply there.  I just think this will make the QFLL opportunities be force to fleabay (until they gate there), or over to bricklink, or force the Macks to take their platform to a new standard, turning them into kingpins.

i'm not sure if long term holds of retired sets are subject to these limitations.  

I'm not worried..  yet.. But it will suck if Amazon gates out retired sets.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, biking_tiger said:

I read all of this on the internet, so it must be true. From what I can tell, LEGO isn't gated, but specific LEGO products are. It doesn't look much different than the Force Awakens gate. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm not Chicken Little, either. 

No all Lego is gated. There are some listings where the original person who made the listing put in a brand other than Lego e.g. Lego 10241 is listed as Creator, not Lego. We will get that fixed up right away tho :)

30 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

I'm not worried..  yet.. But it will suck if Amazon gates out retired sets.

Retires sets are gated as well, if they are correctly listed with the brand set as "Lego". 

The only question is will Amazon become proactive in removing the secondary listings?