Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

7 minutes ago, asharerin said:

No all Lego is gated. There are some listings where the original person who made the listing put in a brand other than Lego e.g. Lego 10241 is listed as Creator, not Lego. We will get that fixed up right away tho :)

Retires sets are gated as well, if they are correctly listed with the brand set as "Lego". 

The only question is will Amazon become proactive in removing the secondary listings?

I just went in and added a couple products to existing listings that weren't retired yet, to see if i'd get any message and so far, it's business as usual.  

Edited by fossilrock
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Tfa gating was different , u didn't need Lego products to get Ungated abd sell Lego . If this is just Lego , u need a letter from TLG or an authorized distributor ; almost impossible to get 

I get that, but whatever is going on right now with some sellers hasn't seemed to affect my ability to list Lego. I'm knocking hard on any wood I can find. 

2 hours ago, biking_tiger said:

I get that, but whatever is going on right now with some sellers hasn't seemed to affect my ability to list Lego. I'm knocking hard on any wood I can find. 

i will assume, until proven otherwise, that there is a certain min sales amount/yr that you would have to meet and if you meet that, you are automatically in ( i think it was 500k for TFA IIRC ). if you don't meet that threshold or haven't sold Lego then you need to apply. 

looking at some listings, it doesn't seem that this new policy has had any effect yet ... 

7 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

i will assume, until proven otherwise, that there is a certain min sales amount/yr that you would have to meet and if you meet that, you are automatically in ( i think it was 500k for TFA IIRC ). if you don't meet that threshold or haven't sold Lego then you need to apply. 

looking at some listings, it doesn't seem that this new policy has had any effect yet ... 

as listed in previous link apparently 75916 is one of the lego ASIN that requires approval. another one is 10702. its hitting one ASIN at a time. not sure about the depth and breadth of impact on other LEGO ASINs. 

Edited by newbie77
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, jaxman said:

I'm not a big seller at all, sold maybe 30 Lego sets FBA in the past year, and my account is still up and running. Just for reference.

i don't think they have shutdown any sellers. they are blocking ASINs or adding requirement for approvals for  ASINs as they go on merging or enforcing their rules.

3 minutes ago, newbie77 said:

i don't think they have shutdown any sellers. they are blocking ASINs or adding requirement for approvals for  ASINs as they go on merging or enforcing their rules.

So it's like a virus, making its way to one Lego ASIN at a time, and none of us are immune?

14 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I'm good on those two, maybe @jaxman is too?

there are just too many ASIN's for those so going to list the one that needs/needed approval at one time or the other.

10702 ASIN: B013GYB3O8

75916 ASIN: B00UPB9RSA

14 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I'm good on those two, maybe @jaxman is too?

@exciter1 you don't count. you are one of the high power-seller whose are not-gated based on their revenue... 

Edited by newbie77

If you have ever sold a Lego branded item on Amazon you will still be able to sell all Lego (same goes for Hasboro, Shopkins etc). Even if it was one polybag 5 years ago you are good to go if the listing was branded as LEGO. If you have not sold Lego ever you will need to be ungated. It is no different than when they gated grocery, dvds, health and beauty etc. 

You won't see any effects on the sellers in the listings as all of them are obviosuly grandfathered in. You will see an effect a few years down the track as alot of the currently ungated sellers leave or are suspended but not many new will come in. This is not going to change anything overnight, this is a positive a few years down the track.

• Like 3

So what happens to inventory already at Amazon if you get restricted on that inventory?

1 minute ago, asharerin said:

If you have ever sold a Lego branded item on Amazon you will still be able to sell all Lego (same goes for Hasboro, Shopkins etc). Even if it was one polybag 5 years ago you are good to go if the listing was branded as LEGO. If you have not sold Lego ever you will need to be ungated. It is no different than when they gated grocery, dvds, health and beauty etc. 

You won't see any effects on the sellers in the listings as all of them are obviosuly grandfathered in. You will see an effect a few years down the track as alot of the currently ungated sellers leave or are suspended but not many new will come in. This is not going to change anything overnight, this is a positive a few years down the track.

I've sold Lego through FBA for over a year (though low volume) and now I'm restricted on 75916.

6 minutes ago, asharerin said:

that's not happening at least with my account. i have sold over 

20 of ASIN: B018BB1L52 which i believe is listed/branded as LEGO. plus 100s of other LEGO items. but i am not the high volume or high $$$ seller.

but at this time i need approval for ASINs "B013GYB3O8 and B013GYB3O8" :) may be its me they are after. and i already had listings under those ASINs. 

Edited by newbie77

8 minutes ago, asharerin said:

Well that is concerning. Have you guys ever had bad metrics, sold in secondary listings, cut corners in any other areas? I am guessing not but we need to get some data points. What dates were your first Lego sales? Maybe they are going back a certain length of time?

my metrics attached. i am qualified for premium shipping for FBM.

with regard to secondary listing [ may have in the past when i started but absolutely not currently ]

AMZ_METRICS.png

MORE_METRICS.png

Edited by newbie77

I'm in I'm in! Small time here... sold about 2k of inventory in the past year... sprinkling of FBM and FBA sets. Amazon just even ungated me for Jurassic World sets. I feel like I just made it onto the last ferry to Happyland. The system said that I'm allowed to sell based on my previous performance.

i think Amazon is trying to do something about the crush of incoming inventory before the holidays and counterfeiters?