Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

8 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Sounds like LEGO is doing what we asked them to do in the Fake LEGO thread - take action against counterfeits on Amazon. Guess we're just hard to please either way :)

I've been thinking the same but as much as I agree with you, none of the people posting here sell Lepin-crap, so what are they? Collateral damage?

8 minutes ago, sauromosis said:

This has me pretty stressed out, I need a vacation.  Any good travel deals out there?

If you ask me, my answer always going to be: Florida :) and if you already live there, I still say Florida, can't wait for my middle of October vacation (in Florida ;) )

Edited by Lordoflego
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, ravenb99 said:

Man your slipping in old age.  Thought I already posted this today

https://www.yahoo.com/style/target-discounting-everything-win-shoppers-202023478.html

What boycott ?  In 1st quarter, Target CEO blamed the bad weather for the slow sales and definitely NOT the boycott... :drag:

http://www.wsj.com/articles/target-sales-decline-profit-edges-lower-1463572937

I guess he could not longer blame the weather for the drop in sales for Q2 :devil:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Darth_Raichu said:

What boycott ?  In 1st quarter, Target CEO blamed the bad weather for the slow sales and definitely NOT the boycott... :drag:

http://www.wsj.com/articles/target-sales-decline-profit-edges-lower-1463572937

I guess he could not longer blame the weather for the drop in sales for Q2 :devil:

boycott, reseller ban, they all run together after awhile...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, redcell said:

I think that this is more of an Amazon-led initiative given the breadth of brands that are impacted by it, but it is definitely the downside of an effort to address counterfeiting.  People seem to forget that, from the outside, neither Amazon nor Lego have any way of truly knowing who is and isn't a counterfeiter so the only practical way to address counterfeiting is through categorical exclusion of certain groups of sellers.  

Can't the LEPIN resellers just list their items as LEPIN products on Amazon and sell them that way? 

9 minutes ago, Undercover Boss said:

Just finished going thru my inventory,  95% not allowed in Amazon. 

Yeah, brutal. Sorry to hear.

Amazon is going to eventually need to do something about/ resolve  this because they were making a TON of revenue on Lego 3rd party sales especially FBA.  I posted yesterday how this one larger Amazon Lego reseller is an occasional customer of mine.  He gave me a 10 min crash course lesson how FBA works.  I really should have been selling via FBA for the last 3 years.  Anyway...Forget transaction fees (about 15%) , Amazon is also making a mint off long-hold storage fees every 6 months unless stock is shipped back to the seller (and then can't be resisted for a couple of months).  

If many resellers can't list on Amazon like they use to, so much revenue is going to be lost.  eBay is going to pickup some of these listings but many buyers are going to have much more work to do.

2 hours ago, jaisonline said:

Yeah, brutal. Sorry to hear.

Amazon is going to eventually need to do something about/ resolve  this because they were making a TON of revenue on Lego 3rd party sales especially FBA.  I posted yesterday how this one larger Amazon Lego reseller is an occasional customer of mine.  He gave me a 10 min crash course lesson how FBA works.  I really should have been selling via FBA for the last 3 years.  Anyway...Forget transaction fees (about 15%) , Amazon is also making a mint off long-hold storage fees every 6 months unless stock is shipped back to the seller (and then can't be resisted for a couple of months).  

If many resellers can't list on Amazon like they use to, so much revenue is going to be lost.  eBay is going to pickup some of these listings but many buyers are going to have much more work to do.

It probably won't hit Amazon too hard in the short term because many of the existing sellers appear to have satisfied whatever criteria they set for automatic approval when the new restrictions went into place this week.  So, most of the folks who were already generating revenue for Amazon will continue to do so.  This only screws the counterfeiters and anyone who is looking to get in on the Amazon action for the first time.  Over time, it might actually work in Amazon's favor to some extent.  Personally, I know that if I can get comfortable that I will be able to stay on the right side of the gate and the new restrictions limit the number of sellers, I will consider doubling or tripling the amount of inventory that I sell there each year.

One way that Amazon has potentially screwed itself is in how it has rolled this out.  Currently, I'm on the right side of the Lego gate, but I have nothing other than my ability to list and sell Lego products currently to definitively establish or confirm my approval.  As a result, I am likely to significantly limit the amount of product that I buy for next year.  Unless I can receive some type of official confirmation from Amazon that I am approved to sell in a particular brand, I am not going to put a lot of money into that brand because I don't want to get caught out like a number of people have been this week with a lot of inventory that I have no way to move as quickly or as easily as I can through Amazon.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Well that ruined my night , only allowed under collectible for me , ick .

This one has been showing up restricted since all this started last week, so it isn't a new one that just started today.  I typed in Lego under "add a product" and scrolled through about 50 pages and that is the only one I can find.  I am ungated in TFA, so it isn't something accidentally tied to that.  I assume you guys have never sold this one?  It has never been on sale or clearance cheap enough to even QFLL that I know of.

3 minutes ago, gregbaynes said:

This one has been showing up restricted since all this started last week, so it isn't a new one that just started today.  I typed in Lego under "add a product" and scrolled through about 50 pages and that is the only one I can find.  I am ungated in TFA, so it isn't something accidentally tied to that.  I assume you guys have never sold this one?  It has never been on sale or clearance cheap enough to even QFLL that I know of.

I have never flipped those , so this was my first time looking at the listing Tbh