Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

Losing access to Amazon would be far more significant to me than eating the s*** sandwich that 10188 has turned into.

Correct. With one less way to distribute the sets, everything will become more difficult. It's just not LEGO sets though. Amazon is talking about some of their most note noteworthy brands. There is going to be a huge backlash at some point and some smart entity with deep pockets and the ability to mimic the 'old' Amazon will benefit.

1 hour ago, TargetZero said:

that seller in fees yeah.. how much you think they made a year? WEll, with that kind of mentality, and rules like this, they will only be big compagnies, I know, we are going that way. In 20-30 years, they wont be much compagnie they will be own by the same...

How else would you have it?  Do you think that the government should regulate Amazon's marketplace and dictate who Amazon should and should not give access to?

1 hour ago, TargetZero said:

who here have invoince from manufacturer or distributor? walmarts invoice wont work, let the big be big, and you small dude, go to hell.

You don't have to be big to survive in this environment...you just have to be smart and enterprising about how you conduct your business.  I've already made it past other gates that Amazon has set up and already have the gears in motion so I'll be ready if they drop the Lego gate on me.

39 minutes ago, asharerin said:

So you are the one creating all of the alternate Lego listings today! Lol.

No way...trying to skirt the rules is a sure fire way to get banned.  Besides, listing in secondary or tertiary listings on Amazon is a waste of time because all of the action happens in the primary listing.

32 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

it can be very rewarding if you play it right ;)

...and devastating when Amazon chops off your hands for playing. And Amazon will. I've know it to happen for many, many authors who skirted the edges of the Kindle Direct Publishing platform, including yours truly. I don't even blink in Amazon's general direction anymore. 

Plenty of unscrupulous sellers would commingle garbage. They would eventually get suspended, and then sign up for a new account the next day. Now they need invoices and $1k - $5k per turn. You now what the effect will be on them  

Can you tell
Me how you know which asin have had issues? I don't want to list those either

4 hours ago, Brickbuilder.g said:

Can you tell
Me how you know which asin have had issues? I don't want to list those either emoji3.png

Just click "add product", enter the set you want to check and it will show you before you proceed if the ASIN is open for you or not.  Like this...

Screen Shot 2016-08-29 at 12.43.29 PM.png

Edited by DadsAFOL

10 hours ago, Ed Mack said:

Correct. With one less way to distribute the sets, everything will become more difficult. It's just not LEGO sets though. Amazon is talking about some of their most note noteworthy brands. There is going to be a huge backlash at some point and some smart entity with deep pockets and the ability to mimic the 'old' Amazon will benefit.

With hundreds? thousands? of sellers on here, let's pool our resources together and bring back the old Amazon that sellers and customers want ;)

1024x1024.jpg

Edited by tacsniper
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Update : 75135 is now a go for my account . Didn't have to do anything . 

This is becoming too much of a guessing game 

Same here--they must have cleared the ASIN. 

75916 is clear now, too. (Dilophosaurus Ambush)

Interesting... no need for individual ASIN gates because the brand is gated now? 100% pure speculation. 

Edited by biking_tiger

1 minute ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Update : 75135 is now a go for my account . Didn't have to do anything . 

This is becoming too much of a guessing game 

All ASIN level blocks in Lego are being removed now. 75916 is clear too. There will be no more going forward :)

TFA is still in effect but that is another brand restriction.

• Like 1

Same for me as well.  That's a relief because I've got a huge stack of 75916 and am targeting 75135.

Just now, asharerin said:

All ASIN level blocks in Lego are being removed now. 75916 is clear too. There will be no more going forward :)

TFA is still in effect but that is another brand restriction.

If they leave the TFA blocks in place, those sets will be real gold mines when they retire since the universe of approved sellers will be further limited.

4 minutes ago, asharerin said:

I'll take the West Coast, you guys figure out the rest.

No thanks...not touching that with a 10 foot pole.  That's an easy way for your metrics to go to hell if you operate at any level of volume without a very sophisticated fulfillment operation.