Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

4 minutes ago, sauromosis said:

Send it in today.  On your first, try just one product, like a box with 5 or 6 medium sized lego.  It gets more complicated with like 20 different ASIN. 

Shipping will surprise you with how cheap it is. 

Have you had any issues with damage shipping to FBA or from Amazon to buyers?  How is that resolved in each case?

2 minutes ago, IronManDan said:

Is it safe to say that it would be a best practice to hold items until the FBA prices are close to my sell range?

That's what I would do. I actually wait until prices are just a touch past my sell price (to account for undercutting). Otherwise, you'll find yourself paying extra fees for long term FBA storage. 

9 minutes ago, IronManDan said:

Have you had any issues with damage shipping to FBA or from Amazon to buyers?  How is that resolved in each case?

I've never had any problem with goods damaged on arrival at Amazon, nor arrival at buyers home.  I've had a half-dozen items lost or damaged while in warehouse at Amazon, and I believe in most cases, got NO proactive report or payment from Amazon.  Usually going over my books, I would discover, "hey... I sent in 6 of those... they sold 2... now I have only 3?" I'd have to discover the problem, initiate the claim, and only then would get reimbursed... sometimes at a fair rate... sometimes a little less than fair (but whadaya gonna do?). So you definitely have to check and recheck your inventory at Amazon, keep track of what's sold, and what they should have... stay on top of things.

Do not ship in items before they reach the sell price you can accept. I usually find that when I see an FBA price point I like, I send my items in, and 3 more sellers move in at the same time, and the price drops 5%. As the holiday season approaches, more sellers will be moving merch into Amazon and you can expect more competition on some items.  I use Amazon principally for current or "just retired" sets. My Haunted Houses, Town Halls, etc, I sell on eBay (and Brickclassifieds). 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Kenxxx said:

I've never had any problem with goods damaged on arrival at Amazon, nor arrival at buyers home.  I've had a half-dozen items lost or damaged while in warehouse at Amazon, and I believe in most cases, got NO proactive report or payment from Amazon.  Usually going over my books, I would discover, "hey... I sent in 6 of those... they sold 2... now I have only 3?" I'd have to discover the problem, initiate the claim, and only then would get reimbursed... sometimes at a fair rate... sometimes a little less than fair (but whadaya gonna do?). So you definitely have to check and recheck your inventory at Amazon, keep track of what's sold, and what they should have... stay on top of things.

Do not ship in items before they reach the sell price you can accept. I usually find that when I see an FBA price point I like, I send my items in, and 3 more sellers move in at the same time, and the price drops 5%. As the holiday season approaches, more sellers will be moving merch into Amazon and you can expect more competition on some items.  I use Amazon principally for current or "just retired" sets. My Haunted Houses, Town Halls, etc, I sell on eBay (and Brickclassifieds). 

I don't find long-term storage fees to be too exorbitant.  I like keeping some stock around for price spikes.

Fairly new to selling on Amazon.  I have only sold Lego.  Started FBM in late April with great success.  Jumped headfirst into FBA late July.  Wow!  Product was flying out of my inventory.

I would consider myself small to maybe (pushing it) medium sales volume.  103 sales on Ebay last year. 

I am at 114 sales this year (12 ebay) 102 Amazon.   Much faster pace.  We haven't even hit the holiday yet....

The question is:  Is there anyway to speed up the distribution of funds process?  it is painfully slow. 14-20 days instead of 5-7 from Paypal.

Obvious advantages...more eyes, slightly higher prices and faster turnover.  Come time to collect proceeds is like watching paint dry.

Sorry for whining.

I found a list of the new brands being gated as well as the application fees:

New Restricted Brands
Adidas ($1500)
Asics ($1500)
ErgoBaby
Brightz, LTD.
Cuisinart
Fabreware
Funko ($1000)
Hasbro ($1000)
Magformers
HP ($1000)
LG ($1000)
Kitchen Aid
Lego ($1000)
OXO Good Grips ($1000)
Microsoft ($1000)
Pokemon ($1000)
Nike ($1500)
Paw Patrol
NorPro
Procter Silex
RTIC
Shopkins ($1000)
Sony ($1000)
Anastasia Beverly
Under Armour ($1000)
WIltons
Star Wars ($1500)
Little Tikes

Keep that list in mind when you go scanning to resell for this shopping season. It appears if you have sold those brands before and your account is in good standing you should be grandfathered in.

Edited by asharerin