Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

1 minute ago, exciter1 said:

Are these cases being investigated?

1 was FBA & 2 are FBM. [ they are currently pending investigation no outcome yet. ] . 

A-Z on 1 FBM. [ its a tossup ].

other one on-going. will see how the other A-Z goes and decide. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, newbie77 said:

1 was FBA & 2 are FBM. [ they are currently pending investigation no outcome yet. ] . 

A-Z on 1 FBM. [ its a tossup ].

other one on-going. will see how the other A-Z goes and decide. 

Good luck!  Return fraud at it's finest.

1 minute ago, Bold-Arrow said:

I would say you will unfortunately need to eat it  and sell them on eBay . In most cases Amazon will side with the buyer when it is a he says she says scanrio

Often times they also side with the buyer when they don't respond, even after you try to contact them 10 times.

19 minutes ago, Miami Bomb Squad said:

Are all the bags and contents still there?

haven't verified content of FBA.

FBM waiting on insurance response. will open after that. 

by the looks of the seal its very very clear that its been blow-dryered. :) its not perfect. 

17 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

I would say you will unfortunately need to eat it  and sell them on eBay . In most cases Amazon will side with the buyer when it is a he says she says scanrio

most likely [+ round trip shipping :( ] selling is not as profitable as someone counts LOL... should be content for "lego investing mistakes" ha@!

1 hour ago, DadsAFOL said:

Are you RFID tagging everything you send to FBA? Any value in doing that that you can share?

not everything. at this time, i am RFID tagging all exclusives with selling price over $300. if i win this and get $ from amazon then i would say "yes there is value" otherwise its a wash. Dunno yet. its something i had to try because of rising number of "scammers in/at amazon"

otherwise, FBA is a trap [ at least IMHO ].

its initial cost is higher for the scanner & software but after that tag (passive ones are cheap) less than $4/piece [ even cheapest one are i think $2,50 or lower but i am using one that costs $4,00]. i think its worth it. [had to try ] { cost of insuring is the same but again insurance is a coin-toss } i have not had gotten reimbursement from insurance companies. not saying this is all 100% its more like having alarm company "home protection sign" as a deterrent to thieves.

• Like 2

Sold a RE yesterday. Shipped it out this morning. Got a return request this evening with the following description:

Return reason: Didn't approve purchase
Customer comments: My 4 year old son was playing on my wife's phone and ordered almost $800 in random purchases and things that were in our cart. We did not approve these orders at this time.

Sounds like BS to me. My price was not the lowest so what are the chances that a 4 year old scrolls through the list of RE sellers and picks mine and adds it to the cart? Also don't buy the "things in our cart" explanation. It's going to be another 1-2 days before they receive the shipment. Any advice on how I should handle? My thought is to tell them to let me know when they receive the package and confirm that they did not open the box. I will authorize the return at that time and they can ship it back without even opening it. I will check the box for shenanigans when I receive it and then refund less shipping charges assuming everything is ok. 

2 minutes ago, jbacunn said:

Sold a RE yesterday. Shipped it out this morning. Got a return request this evening with the following description:

Return reason: Didn't approve purchase
Customer comments: My 4 year old son was playing on my wife's phone and ordered almost $800 in random purchases and things that were in our cart. We did not approve these orders at this time.

Sounds like BS to me. My price was not the lowest so what are the chances that a 4 year old scrolls through the list of RE sellers and picks mine and adds it to the cart? Also don't buy the "things in our cart" explanation. It's going to be another 1-2 days before they receive the shipment. Any advice on how I should handle? My thought is to tell them to let me know when they receive the package and confirm that they did not open the box. I will authorize the return at that time and they can ship it back without even opening it. I will check the box for shenanigans when I receive it and then refund less shipping charges assuming everything is ok. 

Depending on whom you shipped with you might be able to hold the shipment for a direct return .....

• Like 2

On 6/8/2016 at 7:33 PM, newbie77 said:

not everything. at this time, i am RFID tagging all exclusives with selling price over $300. if i win this and get $ from amazon then i would say "yes there is value" otherwise its a wash. Dunno yet. its something i had to try because of rising number of "scammers in/at amazon"

otherwise, FBA is a trap [ at least IMHO ].

its initial cost is higher for the scanner & software but after that tag (passive ones are cheap) less than $4/piece [ even cheapest one are i think $2,50 or lower but i am using one that costs $4,00]. i think its worth it. [had to try ] { cost of insuring is the same but again insurance is a coin-toss } i have not had gotten reimbursement from insurance companies. not saying this is all 100% its more like having alarm company "home protection sign" as a deterrent to thieves.

I had a similar situation and Amazon reimbursed me for the items.  So it definitely worked in my favor.

1 minute ago, jbacunn said:

It says my package is not eligible. I don't know why. Thanks anyway. 

Call the destination post office and see if they can help. Alternatively, assuming this is eBay, you could tell them that you will honor their request for cancellation once you receive the item back unopened. If you're not sure what would be best - I've had good assistance from eBay support in the past when trying to plot out the best course of action.

4 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Call the destination post office and see if they can help. Alternatively, assuming this is eBay , you could tell them that you will honor their request for cancellation once you receive the item back unopened. If you're not sure what would be best - I've had good assistance from eBay support in the past when trying to plot out the best course of action.

I do not have that much experience selling on Amazon, but from what I heard Amzn seller support is not as helpful as eBay

@jbacunn That is the oldest excuse in the online retail world: "oops my toddler did it!!"

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

I do not have that much experience selling on Amazon, but from what I heard Amzn seller support is not as helpful as eBay

@jbacunn That is the oldest excuse in the online retail world: "oops my toddler did it!!"

Argh - of course - this was posted in the Amazon thread. Ignore all my Ebay drivel .....

• Like 2

Call the destination post office and see if they can help. Alternatively, assuming this is eBay, you could tell them that you will honor their request for cancellation once you receive the item back unopened. If you're not sure what would be best - I've had good assistance from eBay support in the past when trying to plot out the best course of action.

This is the Selling on Amazon forum Phil. Have you had a few cocktails this evening?

• Like 2