Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

Re JW poly :

my lisitng was shut down and i opened a case , recieved this : 

"After investigating the problem, I have confirmed that our Product Review team is currently in the process of reviewing this product, since we have received some complaints from buyer that receive different items from what they order.

Therefore, we are manually checking your inventory in hand, as well as the inventory from other sellers in order to avoid these problems in the future. This can take up to seven days."

Is your product co-mingled?

Re JW poly :

"After investigating the problem, I have confirmed that our Product Review team is currently in the process of reviewing this product, since we have received some complaints from buyer that receive different items from what they order.

Therefore, we are manually checking your inventory in hand, as well as the inventory from other sellers in order to avoid these problems in the future. This can take up to seven days."

So, it is your fault, thanks!

Oh, I thought maybe counterfeits had been mixed in...

Oh, I thought maybe counterfeits had been mixed in...

Sorry, I don't like to quote on app since it still seems to think that it's better I quote myself instead of the intended recipient...

Wow! Speechless! What a mess...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Re JW poly :

They must be getting a ton of complaints about the JW poly.  My returns on those have been very very high as compared to other sets.  I think that people are making an assumption based on the price that they are paying that what they should be getting is more than a single polybag.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, redcell said:

They must be getting a ton of complaints about the JW poly.  My returns on those have been very very high as compared to other sets.  I think that people are making an assumption based on the price that they are paying that what they should be getting is more than a single polybag.  

Maybe this one needs a warning label.

^^^Hey, 1000 posts!!!

45 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

if you have $500,00+ in sales last year, you are automatically un-gated. 

Is that category specific (i.e., Toys) or is it across the board?  I am assuming that the gating of SW products is going to become routine going forward, which will suck if it's an indefinite gating.

22 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

I'm almost certain it is not toy specific. 

this is getting interesting ;) i haven't gone to listing TFA sets yet. not in the QFLL mode most of the time. but this means that will have to change strategy ;) going forward looks like going to be lot of restrictions :(

15 minutes ago, newbie77 said:

this is getting interesting ;) i haven't gone to listing TFA sets yet. not in the QFLL mode most of the time. but this means that will have to change strategy ;) going forward looks like going to be lot of restrictions :(

After the Frozen counterfeit mess, Amazon was forced to take action. There are rumors that Lego will be gated altogether. not sure how credible that info is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, exciter1 said:

TFA toys are gated and yet, 45 sellers of Poe's X-Wing on Amazon.

Most of those sellers probably got ungated based on wholesale purchases of non-Lego SW products.  I assume that the gating on TFA works like in other categories where it's an all or nothing proposition.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, newbie77 said:

If Amazon gates the Lego products associated with each new SW movie, then we have basically reached a point in time where selling SW Lego on Amazon is going to be immensely profitable because the number of resellers is going to be severely limited by the gating restrictions.  Time to shoot for $500k in sales!

7 minutes ago, redcell said:

If Amazon gates the Lego products associated with each new SW movie, then we have basically reached a point in time where selling SW Lego on Amazon is going to be immensely profitable because the number of resellers is going to be severely limited by the gating restrictions.  Time to shoot for $500k in sales!

Can you list real estate on Amazon yet? ;-)

12 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

After the Frozen counterfeit mess, Amazon was forced to take action. There are rumors that Lego will be gated altogether. not sure how credible that info is.

it could be. now the real question becomes how to get un-gated :) now if the requirement is $500k or 0.5mil annual sale that's over $40k/month. its going to be almost impossible to reach for general hobbyist. even for small time re-seller;

even with perfect management and inventory control. one has to have minimum of $120k inventory (3 months worth) to sustain $40k/month. right? going to be hard for hobbyist in general.

i don't think there are that many users at least in the forum with that much volume :) in amazon alone. ( my guess less than 10).