Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

6 minutes ago, marcandre said:

Got my first A-Z claim today, buyer claims they never received item. I shipped it priority with signature confirmation. The set was delivered and signed for. 

Anyone gone through this before? Will the signature confirmation protect me? Set was Bikini Bottom Underseas party for $129. 

did they contact you before? did you have prior communication or they just filed A-Z directly?

if you have signature then its most likely you are/will be protected but once you have A-Z doesn't matter whether the claim is granted or not its a "ding" on your metrics and depending on your volume its a pain.

you have to represent your self 

Edited by newbie77
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, marcandre said:

Got my first A-Z claim today, buyer claims they never received item. I shipped it priority with signature confirmation. The set was delivered and signed for. 

Anyone gone through this before? Will the signature confirmation protect me? Set was Bikini Bottom Underseas party for $129. 

That's probably one of the few instances in which you could actually win an A-Z claim...that being said, it's not a sure thing.  Let us know how it works out. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, marcandre said:
1 hour ago, DadsAFOL said:

My one A-Z claim was decided in both buyer and seller favor - meaning I got my money back but so did the buyer. You are probably safe in keeping your money on that one.

hmm. how does that one work? i have had chargebacks in which AMAZON that footed the bill. but on A-Z it has been either or. { it totally depends on the adjustor as @redcell mentioned. I will have to say that i learned over the years and now its mostly in my favor in A-Z} 

2 hours ago, marcandre said:

They did contact me before. I explained it was delivered and signed for. 

I don't care about the ding. I have determined I am too small to sell on amazon and will stick with ebay and craigslist from now on. I just don't want to get stuck paying for a set that was delivered. 

small on amazon? what do you mean by that? i am also not big at all. i don't think you have to be big but yes its more work than other platforms. higher number of scammers and amazon has changed expectation of online buyers. they have been getting away with lot of things which as a marketplace seller hard to adhere to.

coming back to your situation with signature confirmation you should be covered but make sure you represent yourself timely and accurately.

55 minutes ago, justapilgrim said:

Just did my first ever amazon returns, do I need to apply for fees back like on ebay? Or do they do that automatically?

you have to manually process refund for the item once received if/when you receive it.

they automatically adjust/refund fees based on the order. no gimmicks :D

it does take some time you can see that by looking at the transaction history and/or order and/or transaction summary and drilling down ;)

Edited by newbie77

21 minutes ago, trekgate502 said:

Note if you do not refund in full on Amazon you do not get any fees back

so you can charge a ten percent restocking and not get your fifteen percent back

i think its not correct. but may be. depends on your seller's account, don't know either.

but afaik,  if you are doing partial refund then amazon takes 15% on the original fee as an additional transaction fee on processing refunds but does refund the 15% assessed on the refund amount.

so for example you refunded $20 out of $25 then the transaction would post something like this

Refund to buyer : -$20,00

Amazon fees
Referral Fee on Item Price:   $3.00
Refund Administration Fee:   -$0.56

changes to your seller's account -$17,56

in this case you got $2,44 out of the (total original 15% charged on $25 sell which was $3,75) but they will charge that $0,56 as a Refund Administration Fee on the 15% refund of the fee of $3,00 

Edited by newbie77
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, justapilgrim said:

I did find the return area and processed their returns. How do I change my policy? I think a 10-20% restocking fee is appropriate

you only processed the return. now when you issue refund you need to click on "issue refund" on that particular order in that area and it allows you to do full refund or partial refund based on the tab.

afaik, there is no automatic way. have to do it manually.

watch out when you do the refund once you hit submit its gone :) { usually there is a lag and if you are fast enough you can cancel it but not always so look @ the numbers carefully before hitting return }

9 minutes ago, jbacunn said:

Yeah! You won one for reseller scum everywhere!  Can you still get negative feedback?  

Yea probably. He is still messaging me about not getting it. I could make a usps claim but I don't see them paying for something that was signed for. 

I am sympathetic & don't think he is lying. Someone on his end is either stupid or a thief. 

1 hour ago, jbacunn said:

Yeah! You won one for reseller scum everywhere!  Can you still get negative feedback?  

congratulations! 

yes. they can leave a negative feedback.

even though one wins A-Z leaves dent on the metrics :( depending on volume (if its not much) its going to impact significantly

5 minutes ago, waxwing said:

What's up with pending orders?  I've got 2 of them going.  Seems like they sit in pending for days, then get cancelled.  Meanwhile I lose a sale and the price drops.  Any advice?  Should I just say I have another in stock and hope for the pending order to cancel?

It's people who's credit cards initially decline.  AMZ gives buyers several days to try a different card.  Just part of the game.  Double sell an item at your own risk though.

9 minutes ago, DadsAFOL said:

It's people who's credit cards initially decline.  AMZ gives buyers several days to try a different card.  Just part of the game.  Double sell an item at your own risk though.

Thanks.  Another thing I've noticed is that it's pretty great when people pay extra for the expedited shipping option.  With most items I have to ship priority due to the weight anyways. 

Is it possible to cancel a shipping label for a fulfilled by merchant order?  I already had the item packed up and ready to go last night and just got a return/cancellation request before I dropped it off at the Post Office.  I want to make sure I can get the postage money back if I authorize the return and refund the buyer.