Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

6 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

Thanks. I called Amazon and they had to escalate it to another department.  Luckily, I didn't use FBA for this but the fulfillment is through me.  Regardless, I don't want to get dinged for this, as I have a perfect record so far on amazon, and this wasn't my doing.

Not sure why I thought you did FBA :( 

You need to be on top of the Asin change notifications. A lot of shady tactics happen on Amazon . 

6 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

Thanks. I called Amazon and they had to escalate it to another department.  Luckily, I didn't use FBA for this but the fulfillment is through me.  Regardless, I don't want to get dinged for this, as I have a perfect record so far on amazon, and this wasn't my doing.

Not sure why I thought you did FBA :( 

You need to be on top of the Asin change notifications. A lot of shady tactics happen on Amazon . 

I read that a surefire way to get banned from Amazon selling, is to re-sell stuff you have purchased via Prime. I want to send some items in, but unfortunately I have bought it in the past from Amazon Prime. I've purchased a bunch of these sets over time, just one from Amazon. I have receipts to prove that I've bought it elsewhere. Should I avoid sending this in for FBA since I've purchased it from Amazon in the past month or two? 

17 minutes ago, thegooch49 said:

I read that a surefire way to get banned from Amazon selling, is to re-sell stuff you have purchased via Prime. I want to send some items in, ... I've purchased a bunch of these sets over time, just one from Amazon....Should I avoid sending this in for FBA ...? 

I wouldn't sweat it. Especially if you're sending in several, and only got one from Amazon. I've bought and sold many things via FBA this way... though in most cases, these were items I had held for 6 months or more... still, if you were buying, say, ten Minecraft sets at a discount right now via Prime, and then turned around and shipped eight back to them in a week or two, because prices went up, ... well... you might be lookin' for trouble.  But just one item, I wouldn't worry about it.

15 minutes ago, Kenxxx said:

I wouldn't sweat it. Especially if you're sending in several, and only got one from Amazon. I've bought and sold many things via FBA this way... though in most cases, these were items I had held for 6 months or more... still, if you were buying, say, ten Minecraft sets at a discount right now via Prime, and then turned around and shipped eight back to them in a week or two, because prices went up, ... well... you might be lookin' for trouble.  But just one item, I wouldn't worry about it.

That's an undoable scenario, limit 2. :P

looks like amazon is having backend issues most likely their system is backed up ;) ...

my orders ("FBM") are stuck in pending for last 6 hours. all orders after 1300 PST are pending. its going to be hard to believe all those have payment issues ;)

had same thing occurring around last week of october as well. 

23 minutes ago, newbie77 said:

looks like amazon is having backend issues most likely their system is backed up ;) ...

my orders ("FBM") are stuck in pending for last 6 hours. all orders after 1300 PST are pending. its going to be hard to believe all those have payment issues ;)

had same thing occurring around last week of october as well. 

Most likely they are holding your orders in pending to do a velocity review.  If you're a new seller and your sales volume picks up beyond some thresholds that Amazon has set in its system, your FBM orders will pend for review.

20 minutes ago, redcell said:

Most likely they are holding your orders in pending to do a velocity review.  If you're a new seller and your sales volume picks up beyond some thresholds that Amazon has set in its system, your FBM orders will pend for review.

thank you for the information. makes sense.

not a new seller but volume has picked up decently.

Edited by newbie77

• 2 weeks later...

hidden side of selling : 

slew of scammers now flooding AMAZON.

so far this holiday season more scammers than last year. have deal with about 30 "not received" scams { although tracking showed delivered }

4 A-Z claims which successfully defended and claims denied.

2 mistakes on my part for which i did refund the buyer and let them keep the item. 

On 1/27/2015, 9:53:20, grackleflint said:

Did you do commingled inventory?

It would seem that this should not happen if you don't do commingled inventory because everything you send in has its own unique bar code.

I have a set that was returned and Amazon declared it "defective" for some reason. I have seen "customer damaged" so I'm curious what is their definition of "defective" for a LEGO set.

You could also use a  UV pen to mark the box

hidden side of selling : 

slew of scammers now flooding AMAZON.

so far this holiday season more scammers than last year. have deal with about 30 "not received" scams { although tracking showed delivered }

4 A-Z claims which successfully defended and claims denied.

2 mistakes on my part for which i did refund the buyer and let them keep the item. 

The "not received's" you're protected with the tracking, right?

6 minutes ago, jbacunn said:

I've had a pending order for almost 24 hours. I don't believe it's a velocity review since I have had 4-5 orders come through since this one went into pending. Is this unusual?  

I've had a FBM order pending out there since Friday 11/27.  I filled several since then.  I hope they either cancel or it goes through, since I'm sending some stuff in today and I can just include it there.

4 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I've had a FBM order pending out there since Friday 11/27.  I filled several since then.  I hope they either cancel or it goes through, since I'm sending some stuff in today and I can just include it there.

Mine is FBM as well. There should be a time limit on these so it doesn't tie up our inventory. 

• Like 1

these hangups are usually because amazon gives the buyer several days to get payment fixed if initial payment is declined.  it is annoying.  it's even more annoying when the same person orders the same thing because the first one didn't go through and then that one gets tied up.  last time that happened, i cancelled the transactions and got in a chat with CS saying I was worried that there was some fraud going on so they would cancel the transaction and not ding my record.  it worked!  best part was, it was 2 creative towers that i was supposed to ship from MA to Hawaii - double bonus score.

Edited by cladner

1 hour ago, cladner said:

these hangups are usually because amazon gives the buyer several days to get payment fixed if initial payment is declined.  it is annoying.  it's even more annoying when the same person orders the same thing because the first one didn't go through and then that one gets tied up.  last time that happened, i cancelled the transactions and got in a chat with CS saying I was worried that there was some fraud going on so they would cancel the transaction and not ding my record.  it worked!  best part was, it was 2 creative towers that i was supposed to ship from MA to Hawaii - double bonus score.

It's even more annoying when a competitor uses this aspect of Amazon's system to tie up all of your inventory in pending in order to clear the path to the buy box.

3 hours ago, redcell said:

It's even more annoying when a competitor uses this aspect of Amazon's system to tie up all of your inventory in pending in order to clear the path to the buy box.

if i remember correctly, inventory does not return back on these orders i.e. not only it ties up the inventory once cancelled ( after 96hrs) it does not go back.

6 minutes ago, justapilgrim said:

Knew it would happen eventually

my mom was seriously ripped off on the fluctuating price of this item. 29.99 everywhere else

I don't want to authorize return, I feel I'm going to get negative feedback no matter what I do

U can't not authorize the return. They open an az you are out of money and the item and big ding on your metrics. Fb would be the least of your worries . 

5 minutes ago, justapilgrim said:

my mom was seriously ripped off on the fluctuating price of this item. 29.99 everywhere else

I don't want to authorize return, I feel I'm going to get negative feedback no matter what I do

if you are selling on amazon under toys and et. al i believe you are to accept return.

that's the tricky scenario with feedback ... :( 

10 minutes ago, justapilgrim said:

Welcome to Amazon...you need to learn to smile through gritted teeth and say "Sure, I'd be happy to refund your full purchase price for that set that you clearly opened, played with, and removed parts from."  That's pretty much the cost of doing business on the Amazon platform.  Accept the return and move on.

52 minutes ago, justapilgrim said:

This happens more often on Amazon than it does ebay but sometimes you just have to take the loss and grin and bear it. Focus on the long term view and remember this is a little bump in the road.