Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

6 minutes ago, newbie77 said:

it could be. now the real question becomes how to get un-gated :) now if the requirement is $500k or 0.5mil annual sale that's over $40k/month. its going to be almost impossible to reach for general hobbyist. even for small time re-seller;

even with perfect management and inventory control. one has to have minimum of $120k inventory (3 months worth) to sustain $40k/month. right? going to be hard for hobbyist in general.

i don't think there are that many users at least in the forum with that much volume :) in amazon alone. ( my guess less than 10).

your other option is to get a letter of authorization from the manufacturer and provide invoices ( retail receipts are not accepted ) showing authenticity. 

7 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

your other option is to get a letter of authorization from the manufacturer and provide invoices ( retail receipts are not accepted ) showing authenticity. 

now that's going to be difficult if not impossible for LEGO if one is not already authorized seller.

how are you going to get letter of authorization from LEGO ;) ?

I don't see how this doesn't hurt Amazon. Prices will be too much higher than Ebay and no one will buy (if they have stock at all).

(Un)fortunately this is not the case, depending on which side of the gate you're standing on. I sell things on Amazon that have languished at a fraction of the AMZ price on eBay. In fact I rarely cross-list anymore because eBay prices have to be so much lower to sell, and part of the agreement you make with Amazon says that you won't sell the stuff you sell on Amazon for less anywhere else.

Buying on eBay to sell on Amazon is viable in some cases, which should tell you something about the disparity in markets.

On February 5, 2015 at 2:44 PM, theplasticmanor said:
I have a question from some of you experienced Amazon sellers
So here is what happened and I would like some help to know if this is correct

1. buyer ordered an Kings Castle 70404 on 1/8/2015
2. item shipped with tracking on 1/9/2015
3. USPS lugged the item around the country for 3 straight weeks without delivering (for no reason)
4. buyer msged me and told me they wanted a refund or the package delivered
5. I called USPS and filed investigation and they said they would get back to me in a couple days
6. buyer demanded refund and I asked them to wait until USPS got back to me
7. Buyer initiated A-Z Claim on 2/3/2015 
8. I responded to claim and explained the situation to AMZN and then they immediately granted a full refund
9. package was delivered in good order on 2/4/2015
10. woman asked to return the set to me since she had already repurchased the set elsewhere
11. AMZN told her they could not issue a return on the item since she got a refund. they told her she was not obligated to return the set even after receiving a refund.

Is there anything I can do with this or am I just screwed cause USPS sent this item all over the country before they delivered it. Here's the tracking # for your viewing pleasure. 9361220111400690712067

This is why I strongly suggest you set yourself up as a bussiness. I have done that several years ago eventhough my annual sales are typically less than 50k a year ( I still buy more then I sell, typically keep my sets for 3-5 years before I sell etc.) I run it as an S-Corp and report taxable income etc. but more importantly I have a collection agency for these issues. Simply send them a bill for the item, explain your collection process, send them up to three payment reminders and then get a collection agency involved with the buyer paying for the collection fees. I have had to threaten with this 3 or 4 times in the past and always fot paid or the item refunded. Just make sure your payment and collection policies are displayed on your website or in your listing

13 minutes ago, Average Guy said:

when you sell on Amazon , are your kits "mint" or can you sell kits with shelfwear?

They have to be gift quality if you are lisitng as new.Some minor dents shouldn't be an issue. Think of it like this : would I be willing to give this item to a beloved one ( brother , dad , mom, wife,....).

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

They have to be gift quality if you are lisitng as new.Some minor dents shouldn't be an issue. Think of it like this : would I be willing to give this item to a beloved one ( brother , dad , mom, wife,....).

I gotta look into this Amazon thing. Evilbay is just to greedy anymore for my liking.

1 hour ago, zak001 said:

(Un)fortunately this is not the case, depending on which side of the gate you're standing on. I sell things on Amazon that have languished at a fraction of the AMZ price on eBay. In fact I rarely cross-list anymore because eBay prices have to be so much lower to sell, and part of the agreement you make with Amazon says that you won't sell the stuff you sell on Amazon for less anywhere else.

Buying on eBay to sell on Amazon is viable in some cases, which should tell you something about the disparity in markets.

I was referring to the hypothetical future in which all LEGO products are gated. I think things would change then. Amazon would have too many out of stocks and prices would become much too high.

11 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

OK Amazon veterans, when do the returns usually start rolling in?  I'm feeling somewhat fortunate up to this point and want to brace myself for an onslaught of smashed up gear, if it's going to happen.

in my experience, after 1st week of jan its going to be negligible. highest point are between dec 26th to jan 2nd.

8 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Da hell!!! I'm averaging 6 a day over the last week or so 

afaik, 7% is normal i think :) your volume must have been great in holiday season.

On 12/30/2015 at 11:47 PM, zak001 said:

i never heard of such a athing to promise not to sell the same item you sell on amazon for lower elsewhere.Has anybody heard of such a thing?

35 minutes ago, river41 said:

i never heard of such a athing to promise not to sell the same item you sell on amazon for lower elsewhere.Has anybody heard of such a thing?

It's in the Seller Agreement.

You may list items at any price you feel is fair, regardless of the Amazon.com price or list price, within the limits set by Amazon, and so long as your price adheres to our General Pricing rule [...] 

General Pricing Rule: By our General Pricing rule, you must always ensure that the item price and total price of an item you list on Amazon.com are at or below the item price and total price at which you offer and/or sell the item via any other online sales channel.

Good morning all!

I was playing with FBA last night and the screens are not very straight-forward. As a result I had to delete / recreate several listings and shipments. 

Quick questions:

- Do I incur any fee if I create and delete listings and/or FBA shipments?

- Does deleting shipments (or shipment plans) result in some "dings" in my seller account?TIA.

Edited by legone3

19 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Creating and deleting listings doesn't hurt.

deleing shipments after your confirm them will result in a warning and maybe suspension . 

No fees are incurred 

Thanks!

Does "confirming" a shipment means agreeing to the shipping charges and/or printing out the shipping labels? If so I have not reached that point yet.

But I've got to the point where AMZ gave me a warehouse destination and asked me what shipper I want to choose. At that point I cancelled because the shipment had only 1 tiny item.

25 minutes ago, legone3 said:

Thanks!

Does "confirming" a shipment means agreeing to the shipping charges and/or printing out the shipping labels? If so I have not reached that point yet.

But I've got to the point where AMZ gave me a warehouse destination and asked me what shipper I want to choose. At that point I cancelled because the shipment had only 1 tiny item.

Once u approve those warehouse designations u are not supposed to delete them unless in rare/pressing situations . 

• Like 1