10179 - UCS: Millennium Falcon

Ed Mack

• 1 month later...

I think they will. There will not be one this year but maybe a large at at walker and poss ankther MF next year. I have up waiting and bricklinked one minus a few parts for $700. If it is not too hard to put together I am going to bricklink again with target of $800 max and sell for $1499 on eBay.

• 2 weeks later...

So I am still sitting on three of these with two still in unopened lego shipping boxes.  I think it might be time to sell and move on.   I haven't looked at these for 7 years so tomorrow I am going to dig into the storage room and see if these are first editions or just regular ones.  I honestly don't know which is sort of embarrassing to state. 

Edited by BrickSapper

I sold my last one 6 month back. no regrets.

I sold mine about 9 months ago for $3200 shipped on eBay. I only regret it a little since I don't have one to keep. It was my only one but at a $1000 buy-in, I figured it was time to sell. And I needed money to buy other stuff.

I have/had zero :(. However, maybe wait until the new movie this winter? It could potentially rekindle some people who were kids during the original movies who are now adults with extra cash. Just my opinion but if you've waited this many years I'd consider waiting to see if the new movie brings in some new buyers.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Anyone try for this auction?

http://m.ebay.com/itm/221804910516

I put in an offer of $1k but someone paid $1200 before my offer was considered. I liked how the box, 2 masts and other items looked accounted for.

It needs at least...

$500+ instructions

$2 unknown # of light gray levels.

At least 1/2 looked present

$150-$200 radar dish.

$100-$200 sticker sheet.

$30 or so for the 4 minifigs.

It was a nice buy-in price but too much unknowns. Nice high risk / high reward set with luck.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all,
So I ended up purchasing a MF 10179 for $2500 used with box, stickers and manuals. I asked the seller if it was complete since I noticed that the radar dish was different without the lines. He said :
"The lego set belongs to my late brother who passed away last year.I am in business trip this week, I have confirmed with my family that the sticker still in the box.It comes with certificate of authenticity as my late brother bought this set when he was in USA for his study. You definitely getting what you see in the picture."
The seller (from Malaysia) had given me a 2nd chance offer as I assume the highest bidder backed out. I paid him via paypal. I got this message after a couple of days:
"Thanks for your payment. I just received the confirmation from Paypal.
I need to let you know that I will be traveling to CHINA for business trip this coming Friday due to some urgent matters, and not able to pack you item on time to ship it out as I need to dismantle and make sure no missing parts before send the item to you. I will be back on next Friday (7th August), and I will ship out your item right after I come back from the business trip. Please let me know if you are OK for the arrangement, else I will return the money to you and we cancel the deal. I am sorry for the delay."
I am in a Dillema whether to cancel or just wait? Feedback Thoughts. Seller had only 1 rating and was selling other rare retired exclusive at the same (taj mahal)

Seller : xxxxxx (1)  , 100.0% Positive Feedback, Member since Jul-24-15 in Malaysia