10179 - UCS: Millennium Falcon

Ed Mack

On 10/26/2015 at 0:27 PM, Nawoo said:

Is $5500 a good price to pay for a Pristine condition 1st Edition 10179? 

It's still in it's outer shipping cardboard box that says Millennium Falcon Shipper

Inside is its inner cardboard box and some letter from Lego. Certificate of authenticity should be inside

This inner cardboard box is still sealed shut and has never been opened before. 

Inside it,  the 10179 that has never seen the light of day. Probably a 10/10 mint box

Seller had 5 of these, sold 2 already. He's only going to sell one more of these, keeping the last 2 for him and his son. 

I really really want to buy it because this is as perfect a specimen as you're going to get. It's been kept in storage with 24/7 Air-conditioning for the past 8 years. 

IMG_0758.JPG

IMG_0757.JPG

Anyone seeking a sealed, mint 10179 and willing to pay the price tag for it couldn't care less is they remake the ship 10 times, even if those 10 were UCS.  This is the holy grail of LEGO sets.  Not the ship itself in any of its present or future forms, but THIS set, 10179.  You think someone looking to drop a million dollars on a T206 Honus Wagner baseball card cares if they reprinted the card several dozen times since?

The phrasing, facial expressions and camera angles are all so slick. The part with the pen joke does seem more spontaneous, though, I´ll admit it.

I wonder what they did with the Lego afterwards - if anyone sifted through the rubbish outside the TV company that day, they´ll have hit the jackpot.

The video is bullshit, disrespectful to fans (even if it was fake). Trowing the Pen "after the guy" was just sad. A way of showing how pathetic he thinks fans are...

Harrison Ford lost a bit of respect (me atleast) here. Whats up with his little shiny earring btw?

Seriously? I don't think that was it at all. I think it was a way to earn a few laughs and show that some people take movies way too seriously.

You all need to lighten up.

• Like 5

If the objective was to stir up publicity, it worked. Exposure on a stage like this is priceless and how many SW fans - offended or not, will have seen this and Lego will now be on their radar.

For investors, the important thing is the product came out well and that´s what counts.

Seriously? I don't think that was it at all. I think it was a way to earn a few laughs and show that some people take movies way too seriously.

You all need to lighten up.

Conan & Jordan do this as a shtick: Conan gives him grief over some topic. Here's one of the more well known skits involving Jordan:

The video with the MF is just another bit with Conan giving Jordan grief over his oddities.

• Like 1

S

3 hours ago, hendrikdejager said:

The video is bullshit, disrespectful to fans (even if it was fake). Trowing the Pen "after the guy" was just sad. A way of showing how pathetic he thinks fans are...

Harrison Ford lost a bit of respect (me atleast) here. Whats up with his little shiny earring btw?

Jesus lighten up man. it was 100% scripted. It was a light hearted pisstake of the die hard star war fans. And if you didn't already know the 'fan' was an actor. :)

• Like 1

If you really think these 4 people walked on stage and sat down in front of the camera, and nobody there knew what was going to happen next, you lost...  This Schlansky guy didn't even flinch when it went up in the air.  Half of us would have Odell Beckham, Jr. that thing in mid air and the other half of us would have choked Harrison live on camera.

• Like 1

As I've posted before: This is not really funny and disrespectful towards SW and LEGO fans. So I totally agree. Scripted or not has never been the question.

There is nothing wrong with seing it that way. I don't have to hate Ford or anybody else now but I don't have to like it either. Don't know why you all defend it that much.

21 hours ago, legone3 said:

I don't get what's so great about the video? He had total disrespect for the guy and his proud creation, unless the whole thing was for show (but it is not funny to me at all).

I assume it's a couple of things whether the scene was planned (likely) or not.  Harrison Ford prob wasn't ready for holding the weight and awkward size of the Lego 10179 nor does he want to hold a "a toy".  D'oh.

Then you have the imagine the effort the owner put into building the 10179 just to see his SW hero ruin it. It's ironic.  Plus as someone who's built a 10179 (it's a monster) or anyone who has built a huge Lego set, it's so tragic that it made me laugh (maybe because it wasn't mine). 

• Like 1