10179 - UCS: Millennium Falcon

Ed Mack

18 hours ago, hendrikdejager said:

The video is bullshit, disrespectful to fans (even if it was fake). Trowing the Pen "after the guy" was just sad. A way of showing how pathetic he thinks fans are...

Harrison Ford lost a bit of respect (me atleast) here. Whats up with his little shiny earring btw?

The butthurt is flowing strong in this one.

Seriously people, it was funny and just a sketch.  You know it was all planned out.  I'm sorry but if it was genuine, Harrison Ford would've dropped it in front of himself because of the weight and awkwardness, not lift it up behind him.

And besides people, it's lego, it's not like it can't be rebuilt.  Sheesh, you guys are taking this wayyy too seriously.  You act like he personally took a dump in your cheerios.

• Like 1

I just got the chance to watch this for the first time, with sound up (I watched it in line on Thursday, but no sound). That was hilarious.

Harrison used to get criticized for being reclusive, or being a jerk.  I think he finally figured out how to play the "character" of Harrison Ford (much like Shatner, Adam West, and Wil Wheaton).  I love this stuff with him.

• Like 2

Video was great.  Watched it a few times.. It's just LEGO, like mentioned it can be rebuilt. There is a lot more in the world to worry about than this.  Sure I wouldn't want to drop mine either, but it was for entertainment value.  It was a great skit and it is real on how people really talk to these guys as if they are the authority on it. Harrison Ford could probably care less about a lot of this stuff.  It was just a role he played.  In many interviews I watched, he is patient and tries his best to make people happy but from his perspective, he sat in a fake set, pretended to fly something that did nothing in a completely fake world.  We are the ones that make it real and live on.  Still one of my favorite actors of all time just because he is always cool about things.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, citymorgue said:

The butthurt is flowing strong in this one.

Seriously people, it was funny and just a sketch.  You know it was all planned out.  I'm sorry but if it was genuine, Harrison Ford would've dropped it in front of himself because of the weight and awkwardness, not lift it up behind him.

And besides people, it's lego, it's not like it can't be rebuilt.  Sheesh, you guys are taking this wayyy too seriously.  You act like he personally took a dump in your cheerios.

I laughed long and loud. "You still want me to sign this?"

• Like 2

While taking vacation in Taiwan, I found a LEGO store (reseller store; no official LEGO store yet in Taiwan). The Falcon in black with few red bricks looks nice as well (reminds me of Tumbler). Hard to take a clean shot because of the elevated case. Nice to see Red 5 next to the MF as reference. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1

I'm also starting to think we are getting a TFA-themed 10179 refresh within 12-18 months. I would pretty much bet the farm on this one.

Lego knows it will sale many, many units regardless if it's better or worse than the original. Plus of all the TFA ships, which is more popular? Kylo Ren's shuttle is barely on the screen.

It wouldn't surprise me if the set's design has already started.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

18 months from now, Episode 8 will be out, and I'm sure the Falcon will play a part in that film as well.

You can't deny it's one of the coolest hunk of junks in the galaxy.

47 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

I'm also starting to think we are getting a TFA-themed 10179 refresh within 12-18 months. I would pretty much bet the farm on this one.

Lego knows it will sale many, many units regardless if it's better or worse than the original. Plus of all the TFA ships, which is more popular? Kylo Ren's shuttle is barely on the screen.

It wouldn't surprise me if the set's design has already started.

Lego fans will buy it, but it will still be a little too steep for little Jimmy.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Lego fans will buy it, but it will still be a little too steep for little Jimmy.

yup.  i think a $350 price will work but 10179's $499.99 MSRP ($553 in today's dollars) won't.   Thus i believe there is no way a 10179 refresh will be larger than 10179 especially since exclusives are no discounted by retailers.  i don't even think a $500 price tag will work for a refresh since it will never be on-sale :(

35 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

yup.  i think a $350 price will work but 10179's $499.99 MSRP ($553 in today's dollars) won't.   Thus i believe there is no way a 10179 refresh will be larger than 10179 especially since exclusives are no discounted by retailers.  i don't even think a $500 price tag will work for a refresh since it will never be on-sale :(

I agree.  The 10179 sat around for months at $399.99...and that was discounted from $499.99.  The SSD was no barn burner.  There will be a portion of people paying $500.00 for the new Falcon if it is equal to the 10179, but what if it isn't?  I just don't see it being a highly stockpiled set, especially if there is another retro Han Solo movie coming out in 2018 with another possible reissue.  

Personally, if they are going to release a new UCS Falcon, wait until 2017 and make it a STAR WARS 40th Anniversary set that is based on the new movie, with some new minifigs and features, but pay homage to the 10179.  Make it related to the 30th Anniversary Edition in some way, thus making collectors want both...BADLY.  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

I agree.  The 10179 sat around for months at $399.99...and that was discounted from $499.99.  The SSD was no barn burner.  There will be a portion of people paying $500.00 for the new Falcon if it is equal to the 10179, but what if it isn't?  I just don't see it being a highly stockpiled set, especially if there is another retro Han Solo movie coming out in 2018 with another possible reissue.  

Personally, if they are going to release a new UCS Falcon, wait until 2017 and make it a STAR WARS 40th Anniversary set that is based on the new movie, with some new minifigs and features, but pay homage to the 10179.  Make it related to the 30th Anniversary Edition in some way, thus making collectors want both...BADLY.  

Hmm....40th Anniversary set, 2017, also when Episode 8 comes out...

Put an older radar dish and new radar dish into the set...

I’ve found a 10179 Sealed Box in perfect state is for sale in France for 990€.

Should I buying it ?

My idea is to sell it on Ebay with international options.

Real sale price are above 2500$/€ for sealed box ??

I see huge sale price for it, but guys are really sold at displayed price  ?

Thanks

16 minutes ago, Nick83 said:

I’ve found a 10179 Sealed Box in perfect state is for sale in France for 990€.

Should I buying it ?

My idea is to sell it on Ebay with international options.

Real sale price are above 2500$/€ for sealed box ??

I see huge sale price for it, but guys are really sold at displayed price  ?

Thanks

Is it available to purchase in person at a safe location where you can inspect it first? Any other way it's a scam. 

If you trust the guy based on the communication you had thus far, visit him and check it out. Spend 5 minutes inspecting the box (any signs of it ever having been opened?), extra attention to the seals (have they been glued in any way?). Don't forget to take a phone with internet connection + your paypal password so you can pay in case op purchase. 

Reasons for sale could be immediate need for money or fear that a new Millennium Falcon UCS will be issued soon. Personally I don't think 10179 will ever drop in value to €1000,- but that's only my opinion.  

• 2 weeks later...

hi, I recently found this great site for Lego enthusiasts and collectors. My first post and here it goes. I have an opportunity to purchase a UCS Falcon, in original Lego container with COA and numbered to 10,000. It will cost me 5500 and so I was wondering if this price is good or overpriced? Should I buy it and need to sell a couple/few months down the road, will I get my money back via ebay or some other site. I have been looking for one a long time, but most have been out of reach and it's certainly gained a lot of attention in recent months due to the movie and overall Lego news. Your advice/opinion is very much appreciated and I look forward to being a permanent user on this wonderful website. Cheers

Edited by drow76abs
change notofications

hi, I recently found this great site for Lego enthusiasts and collectors. My first post and here it goes. I have an opportunity to purchase a UCS Falcon, in original Lego container with COA and numbered to 10,000. It will cost me 5500 and so I was wondering if this price is good or overpriced? Should I buy it and need to sell a couple/few months down the road, will I get my money back via ebay or some other site. I have been looking for one a long time, but most have been out of reach and it's certainly gained a lot of attention in recent months due to the movie and overall Lego news. Your advice/opinion is very much appreciated and I look forward to being a permanent user on this wonderful website. Cheers

Is it opened? I believe there were more than 10,000 First Edition Falcons released because I have seen certificates higher than 10,000. $5500.00 seems a bit high. This set has been fluctuating hundreds of dollars over the past year or so. It's hard to tell if it has plateaued or if people are waiting so see if another UCS Falcon is released in the next year or two. It's a possibility that this set could appreciate to even higher levels under the right circumstances. It is also possible it loses a substantial amount if another similar set is released.