10179 - UCS: Millennium Falcon

Ed Mack

Is $5500 a good price to pay for a Pristine condition 1st Edition 10179? 

It's still in it's outer shipping cardboard box that says Millennium Falcon Shipper

Inside is its inner cardboard box and some letter from Lego. Certificate of authenticity should be inside

This inner cardboard box is still sealed shut and has never been opened before. 

Inside it,  the 10179 that has never seen the light of day. Probably a 10/10 mint box

Seller had 5 of these, sold 2 already. He's only going to sell one more of these, keeping the last 2 for him and his son. 

I really really want to buy it because this is as perfect a specimen as you're going to get. It's been kept in storage with 24/7 Air-conditioning for the past 8 years. 

IMG_0758.JPG

IMG_0757.JPG

Edited by Nawoo
  • Like 1

Well... if you have the money and you really want it

I really really want to buy it because this is as perfect a specimen as you're going to get. It's been kept in storage with 24/7 Air-conditioning for the past 8 years. 

I can't really speak for the UCS MF but I guess 5500 is a """reasonably""" good price.

If you can live with the constant fear of a better remake maybe coming out!!! Or if you just really really want this first edition UCS MF then probably you should get it.

That's just my opinion... 5500 is something I wouldn't pay because I still have to care for money ;-)

That's a tough call. I'd say no because I'd be too tempted to open it up fresh and build it. I myself settled for a built twice really nice 1st edition for $2500. 

Yep that's the other thing: If you want to build it well... used one is always cheaper. But it wouldn't be factory fresh would it?!

Well... if you have the money and you really want it

I can't really speak for the UCS MF but I guess 5500 is a """reasonably""" good price.

If you can live with the constant fear of a better remake maybe coming out!!! Or if you just really really want this first edition UCS MF then probably you should get it.

That's just my opinion... 5500 is something I wouldn't pay because I still have to care for money ;-)

Yeah the fear of a remake is making me hold back this purchase. But then again, what are the chances of Lego making another 5200 piece UCS MF? Zero right

They might make something like a Red Five 10240, which is like a border UCS set, but I doubt they will make such a massive set ever again. 

If I do buy this, it'll be because I want to be one of the few people in the world with a pristine first edition set still MISB in it's outer carton box, with certificate of authenticity 

If it's for display, second hand would be the way to go. 

Yeah the fear of a remake is making me hold back this purchase. But then again, what are the chances of Lego making another 5200 piece UCS MF? Zero right

They might make something like a Red Five 10240, which is like a border UCS set, but I doubt they will make such a massive set ever again. 

If I do buy this, it'll be because I want to be one of the few people in the world with a pristine first edition set still MISB in it's outer carton box, with certificate of authenticity 

Sorry I'm not that kind of collector. I like to have my LEGO out of the box... otherwise it's just like Schroedinger's cat.

LEGO is meant to be displayed and/or played with, not to stay stored in a box forever. But if you buy it you decide what to do with it ;-)

Anyhow if you want to be one of the few people in the world with a pristine first edition set still MISB in it's outer carton box with certificate of authenticity THEN that's your deal!

(Even if there is a remake)

What are the chances... well... I wouldn't say "zero right". I'm still a believer ^.^ even though I doubt that it'll come out in the next 2-3 years. But why not as part of LEGO 20th anniversary of LEGO Star Wars in 2019? Just one thought...

Probably you won't lose money though, because there are only so many first edition certificated MISB UCS MF out there and there are always collectors like you that want them like that and only like that. I would say your risk with this set is relatively low. But then again it's not my money you're spending ^.^

• Like 1

I've always wanted a 10179, but that's because I want to build it.  So, for me, if I'm seeking one out to build, I'm looking at used or dinged up or not first edition so I can just build the dang thing.

The fear of a remake is what's keeping me from even buying one used.  The other thing that I'd do with a used one is build it, be satisfied, and then sell it to someone else.

On 10/26/2015, 6:15:56, Nawoo said:

Well now, With the news of the colossal 3K+ GB HQ coming out, All speculation of how big LEGO will go is up in the air. There are no limits anymore now that LEGO know buyers don't know the limit (except maybe the sky) so are prepared to go there. (RED WINE INVOLVED IN THIS OPINION) :jester:

Edited by Alfiepops

1 hour ago, Alfiepops said:

Well now, With the news of the colossal 3K+ GB HQ coming out, All speculation of how big LEGO will go is up in the air. There are no limits anymore now that LEGO know buyers don't know the limit (except maybe the sky) so are prepared to go there. (RED WINE INVOLVED IN THIS OPINION) :jester:

You're assuming GBHQ will be success. I believe they felt TH wasn't...

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like I may be able to pick one of these up for $1500 (says negotiable too). It's mint/sealed but not 1st edition. I'd have to drive 6+ hours round trip to get it though, which i really don't want to do since I'm busy with work and other things. Would I be an idiot for passing that up?

7 minutes ago, mmaluso said:

It looks like I may be able to pick one of these up for $1500 (says negotiable too). It's mint/sealed but not 1st edition. I'd have to drive 6+ hours round trip to get it though, which i really don't want to do since I'm busy with work and other things. Would I be an idiot for passing that up?

absolutely worth it. I'm not comfortable calling you an idiot...Well, assuming it's legit, that is...

Edited by dcdfan

I have bought, sorted, and sold over 10 falcons.   It looks like all the major pieces are there. ***BUT you nee to ask to verify if the two boat mast pieces, the 60 lt great levers, the 28 6.6l bars are a must, 16 yellow brackets, and radar dish are there.  They are a must. 

Edited by jgschmieg3

• 1 month later...