Thread of Packaging Excellence

28 minutes ago, Mark Twain said:

Joining the “Amazon shoved my order in a plastic bag” chorus. X3 Mando battle packs crushed. What’s the protocol here? Straight up return?

It happened to me on the 2x75891 ordered from them several months back. Set arrived box crushed, so I contacted cs for the replacement.

Amazon then sent me 2x75891 for four times. Contacted back for the redundant orders but was told to keep them as they are cheap I guess. 

• Like 1

On 11/7/2020 at 1:51 PM, Mark Twain said:

Joining the “Amazon shoved my order in a plastic bag” chorus. X3 Mando battle packs crushed. What’s the protocol here? Straight up return?

No rhyme or reason.  I just received 3 Mando Battle Packs and they were in a box that you probably could ship 8-10 in.  Luckily, they actually threw in a couple air cushions and they arrived safely.

28 minutes ago, raindog said:

No rhyme or reason.  I just received 3 Mando Battle Packs and they were in a box that you probably could ship 8-10 in.  Luckily, they actually threw in a couple air cushions and they arrived safely.

That's probably the set I'd be least likely to return (if you were worrying about staying off the radar) since so many people are going to be opening it anyways.  

1 hour ago, Jessekidd13 said:

That's probably the set I'd be least likely to return (if you were worrying about staying off the radar) since so many people are going to be opening it anyways.  

I've been a LEGO reseller for 8 years now and an Amazon/eBay reseller for 10.  I'm pretty good about staying off any radar.  I've parted out all the Mando sets that I plan to open for my BL store.  Every set that I buy now goes in to the hold bin.

• Like 1

Ordered some Harry Potter sets and Amazon decided to box them up with a jug of Tide detergent.  Blew open a Knight Bus and creased everything else.  I'm putting a pile together of sets that will need to go back.  I can live with creasing, that's usually not worth the hassle of returning but when seals are busted I tend to fire up the return labels.

1 hour ago, fuzzy_bricks said:

Ordered some Harry Potter sets and Amazon decided to box them up with a jug of Tide detergent.  Blew open a Knight Bus and creased everything else.  I'm putting a pile together of sets that will need to go back.  I can live with creasing, that's usually not worth the hassle of returning but when seals are busted I tend to fire up the return labels.

Wait!  The Tide didn’t leak everywhere?  Then that surely was a win!

I’ve given up on Amazon shipping Tide.  More than half of those orders leak, soaks through the box, and the delivery person doesn’t even bother dropping it off.  And of course they always have other order items that may have been just fine but are now cancelled as well. :(

54 minutes ago, TheBrickClique said:

Wait!  The Tide didn’t leak everywhere?  Then that surely was a win!

I’ve given up on Amazon shipping Tide.  More than half of those orders leak, soaks through the box, and the delivery person doesn’t even bother dropping it off.  And of course they always have other order items that may have been just fine but are now cancelled as well. :(

I know right.  It actually came in it's own box inside the larger box, I had not seen that before.

44 minutes ago, SLL said:

hope kohl’s will handle things differently this time but nah...

Surprisingly, set is in okay condition so not going to press the return button. But do have concern with the rest of orders... I shall see

Same here, first of many sets came through with sticky bubble wrap around the set inside a bag, came through ok, but just a month ago or so I was getting lego in boxes, so 🤷‍♂️

I ordered a Lego Boost for my son's Xmas gift off Amazon and noticed something on the order page that I never noticed before. Maybe you guys have seen it before, but it says "Item arrives in packaging that shows what's inside". In order to hide it, you have to click Ship in Amazon Packaging and then click the checkbox next to "Ship in Amazon Packaging". After checking this, under Gift Option, it says "Ships in Amazon Packaging". 

I'm guessing this may be a way to prevent a Lego set from being shipped with just a shipping label slapped on it. I'll post an update when I get the set on Thursday. Seems like a sneaky default setting that allows Amazon to ship products with shipping labels slapped on it. 

On a side note, some poor guy on Amazon had his Nebulon Frigate shipped with just a label on it. No box or bag. 

Amazon Packaging.jpg

Amazon Packaging2.jpg

nebulon label.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

I ordered a Lego Boost for my son's Xmas gift off Amazon and noticed something on the order page that I never noticed before. Maybe you guys have seen it before, but it says "Item arrives in packaging that shows what's inside". In order to hide it, you have to click Ship in Amazon Packaging and then click the checkbox next to "Ship in Amazon Packaging". After checking this, under Gift Option, it says "Ships in Amazon Packaging". 

I'm guessing this may be a way to prevent a Lego set from being shipped with just a shipping label slapped on it. I'll post an update when I get the set on Thursday. Seems like a sneaky default setting that allows Amazon to ship products with shipping labels slapped on it. 

On a side note, some poor guy on Amazon had his Nebulon Frigate shipped with just a label on it. No box or bag. 

Amazon Packaging.jpg

Amazon Packaging2.jpg

That's been there for years.