Thread of Packaging Excellence

7 minutes ago, redcell said:

Does anyone know why Target puts those stickers on? What purpose do they serve other than to piss resellers off?

i call them FU stickers.  basically its a middle finger to resellers.  i figure some Vice President of something at somepoint thought these stickers would prevent return fraud or something.  i don't know. i'm just glad they are so easy to take off and don't leave residue.

Edited by cladner

11 minutes ago, Minoly said:

What is the deal with Kohls shipping lego sets in plastic bags? Do they do this quite often? I recently have 3 orders with them and 2 out of 3 came in plastic bags so boxes were completely crushed.

Honestly, just don't buy small sets from them.  It's not worth it.  Big stuff does ok.

Honestly, just don't buy small sets from them.  It's not worth it.  Big stuff does ok.

I got baby yoda and something else...same order and both got stuffed in a plastic bag. I’m so mad. I want to collect these so boxes are important to me. So tempted to return if only other stores have baby yoda in stock.

7 minutes ago, Minoly said:

I got baby yoda and something else...same order and both got stuffed in a plastic bag. I’m so mad. I want to collect these so boxes are important to me. So tempted to return if only other stores have baby yoda in stock.

If you're collecting then just return the damaged box and wait till the re-stock....or bust seals open and build one.  The set ain't going anywhere.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Jessekidd13 said:

i've had large sets like bedrock adventure sent in a bag last year. lots of blue helicopter jurassic set also sent in a bag.  even if you order it for instore pickup they send in a bag to the store.  i ordered a ton of leia and minnie mouse bhz instore went to pick them up -  sent all jumbled together in a giant clear plastic sack.  still making bank on the sack-damaged minnies and blue copters so its all good.  but i don't order from kohls or best buy (also ok with boxes in bags). if u haven't gotten a box in a sack from kohl's, is only a matter of time. 

i have had target ship hp hogwarts express multiple occasions in plastic bags in the last year as well so u take some risks and suffer some bruises in the retail wars.  target is easier for me to return so i am more tolerant of their awful shipping.

hard to believe that walmart has climbed to the top of the shipping pile - they are doing a great job on the stream of triceratops coming in.  

Edited by cladner

2 hours ago, cladner said:

i've had large sets like bedrock adventure sent in a bag last year. lots of blue helicopter jurassic set also sent in a bag.  even if you order it for instore pickup they send in a bag to the store.  i ordered a ton of leia and minnie mouse bhz instore went to pick them up -  sent all jumbled together in a giant clear plastic sack.  still making bank on the sack-damaged minnies and blue copters so its all good.  but i don't order from kohls or best buy (also ok with boxes in bags). if u haven't gotten a box in a sack from kohl's, is only a matter of time. 

i have had target ship hp hogwarts express multiple occasions in plastic bags in the last year as well so u take some risks and suffer some bruises in the retail wars.  target is easier for me to return so i am more tolerant of their awful shipping.

hard to believe that walmart has climbed to the top of the shipping pile - they are doing a great job on the stream of triceratops coming in.  

I agree, Walmart has been rocking it this year.  Every shipment in a well packed box.

Target and Best Buy I only do in-store pickup.  Way too many garment bag shipments and me returning crushed product.  However, even their in-store pickup can be problematic.  

7 hours ago, zaphoid said:

Lego sent my 3 HP Charms Class books in a box that was literally 1/4 inch too short for the sets. At least they put popped air pillows on the top so the tape didnt stick to the boxes.

LEGO did the same to me, except they stuck a GWP on top of my Tantive IV.  Mind boggling.

Very frustrated with LEGO.  Ordered an Astronomy Tower to get MBoM + car promo.  Received it today.  Shipping box is in great shape.  I open it to find the MBoM packed on the middle, top of the Astronomy Tower.  *sigh*  Not only does the Ast. Tower have creases, it has a puncture in the middle front of the box from the corner of the MBoM.  At least neither GWP took any dmg but come on!

If it was just creases I might let it go but the puncture in the front of the Ast. Tower kind of makes me want to ask for an exchange.

1 hour ago, zaphoid said:

I actually have no words, I've never had sets arrived this badly damaged and since they were GWPs, I really have no recourse.

package.jpg

IMG_20210110_115043379.jpg

IMG_20210110_115031956.jpg

Those look soaked as well as crushed, or is that just me? Contact customer support via phone if the chat function is still down. They'll likely send you a replacement of the HP GWP or offer you $20 in VIP points. You'll likely still be able to resell at a discount.