Thread of Packaging Excellence

I have ordered from Zavvi about 8-10 times and I've had 2 issues with a shipment. The last and final time I will order from them, I had a Technic car transporter that was crushed pretty bad one one side. They made me find my own shipping estimate to ship it back to them???????? So, I got one from the UPS store, and they said it was too high. The USPS estimate was more. I thought they were a little high myself, but regardless, why did I have to find my own rate to ship it back to them? lol. Long story short, I just kept the set with the damaged box.

BTW, you can't call them. You have to go to their website and send them a message that way. It is a big hassle. It was for me anyway. Unless I get a huge discount, I will not order from them again. 

20 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

Good for you! I've only read of others having issues getting a hold of a customer service rep. Nice to hear of someone successfully getting a partial refund. Would you care to share the details of how much and what set?

15% on a Land Rover Defender set that arrived 'repackaged' by DHL with only shrink wrap, no box. Intending to build rather than resell, I accepted the offer. The question is, would they have agreed to a counter offer of 20%.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Brad W said:

I have ordered from Zavvi about 8-10 times and I've had 2 issues with a shipment. The last and final time I will order from them, I had a Technic car transporter that was crushed pretty bad one one side. They made me find my own shipping estimate to ship it back to them???????? So, I got one from the UPS store, and they said it was too high. The USPS estimate was more. I thought they were a little high myself, but regardless, why did I have to find my own rate to ship it back to them? lol. Long story short, I just kept the set with the damaged box.

BTW, you can't call them. You have to go to their website and send them a message that way. It is a big hassle. It was for me anyway. Unless I get a huge discount, I will not order from them again. 

I've haven't had any "real bad" deliveries from Zavvy but yeah, buyer beware.  I think its really the rare exception that the product is damaged but it is a risk.  You cannot even cancel an order.  I placed an order last week and I didn't notice there was already something else in my cart.  I tried immediately cancelling but the system would not let it happen.

15 hours ago, oneknightr said:
15 hours ago, rebuild said:

In my experience, Zavvi responded to my email the next day with a partial refund offer to compensate for the damage. If you accept the offer, the refund is processed the following day.

Zavvi customer service experience is a joke. Only online communication using a crazy slow email like system. Each time you talk there is a day or more delay in responding. So if you have any kind of complicated issue it may take weeks of communication to resolve...which otherwise could have been resolved in a 5 minute conversation. It's a joke.  Once Zavvi shorted me a $250 lego set. It was literally missing. They eventually took care of me but it took way too much of my time. 

i received some triceratops yesterday from target shipped in a retail UPS shipping center box - i was like wtf is this unauthorized amazon return doing here and then i saw the shipping label from target.  a bit snug in the box (twss) but made it ok.  surprised how lucky i have been getting with target this last round both making it through without banning and also getting stuff shipped without being damaged. sure i just jinxed it.

13 hours ago, gmpirate said:

...You cannot even cancel an order.  I placed an order last week and I didn't notice there was already something else in my cart.  I tried immediately cancelling but the system would not let it happen.

I noticed the same thing too. Placed an order with Zavvi and tried to cancel it since it was sitting In Process for two weeks. There's no website functionality available for cancelling an order at all. It's really odd. So if anyone decides to place and order with Zavvi, make sure it's what you want before clicking Place Order/Submit. 

6 hours ago, Gonkalin said:

Zavvi customer service experience is a joke. Only online communication using a crazy slow email like system. Each time you talk there is a day or more delay in responding. So if you have any kind of complicated issue it may take weeks of communication to resolve...which otherwise could have been resolved in a 5 minute conversation. It's a joke.  Once Zavvi shorted me a $250 lego set. It was literally missing. They eventually took care of me but it took way too much of my time. 

Yes it is! They do have a "chat box" set up, but I've only once seen it say 'online now' one time. I clicked it, and it said unavailable. lol. 

23 hours ago, Brad W said:

Same ^^^^^^^^^^

Just got another 'package' from Amazon using a mailer. 3 Mando battle packs crushed. Ordered yesterday morning and got it last night. I'm guessing the rush to deliver it the same day doomed this order, as throwing them in the mailer was probably to fastest way to get it to me quickly. I'd rather the 2-day option with a box...

Just now, Belac said:

Some Amazon and Target orders all showed in boxes today. I'm feeling awfully lucky from all the stories of simple bags being used lately for most it seems. No intention to gloat, just showing they can get it right sometimes. It's a Gamble for sure.1003233078_packedok.thumb.jpg.98542e600a4d22cd0a3aba6067623ed6.jpg

off topic but are you flipping or holding these till stock dries up next year and movie comes out?

Another order from Amazon in a thin plastic bag. Ordered three Disney storybook adventure sets and they came in ok...not mint but still presentable. my issue is that this has been a trend of late for Amazon. Maybe I can understand one small to mid box but this is getting a little scary since the buying season is in full gear. Is this the storm we are facing?

34 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

Update: Asked for 25% refund or return. Got an offer for 10% refund. Countered for 15% we will see what happens

If you do end up having them returned, can you let me know if they have you find your own shipping quote. BTW, your box was definitely beat up. lol. Good Luck with the refund!