Thread of Packaging Excellence

If I'm ordering a small qty and / or smallish LEGO sets from Target I will only do in-store pick up to avoid receiving shipments in garment bags. 

My last two orders I have picked up from Target I have had to ask for replacement LEGO because the sets placed in my bag had been crushed.  *facepalm*

Edited by exracer327

1 hour ago, exracer327 said:

If I'm ordering a small qty and / or smallish LEGO sets from Target I will only do in-store pick up to avoid receiving shipments in garment bags. 

My last two orders I have picked up from Target I have had to ask for replacement LEGO because the sets placed in my bag had been crushed.  *facepalm*

In my experience, Target is the worst of all the major retailers. They must have started to catch on a bit, however, as at least the giant sized boxes they send the sets now have air pillows in them. The latest set was packaged fairly well, but alas, once I got to the Lego it was smooshed nicely. 

• Like 1

Amazon sent me a box of 14 Winter Fire Stations in a box the size of a small coffin. 5 of them were damaged - 2 are toast and 3 have minor damage . If anyone wants one for cost for a persona build pm me. The rest get returned Monday :Pe86b76350765f67c70011f656328371a.jpg

Edited by FM
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 10/30/2020 at 4:20 AM, Jimking23 said:

Zavvi, shipping from the UK with DHL, deliverer my packages in better condition than Amazon shipping from a couple of hundred mile away. 

I just counted back and I have 22 orders with Zavvi.  Every single one have arrived unmolested.  That's from the UK to rural Alabama.  Not too bad.

• Like 2

Bought three sets via Target to get $10 GC.  Made them in-store pickup because Target keeps mailing me sets in garment bags where they get crushed.  Third set, which put me over $50 was a minecraft polybag. 

Target, in their infinite wisdom, sent me the polybag set in... a BOX!  *facepalm*

Target box for a polybag-b.jpg

Edited by exracer327
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

My Taskmaster Ambush came in bubble mailer.  Had I sent my FBM items in these kinds of packaging I would have been AtoZ-ed up the wazoo.

Bright side is I do not have to deal with the box divas when selling it on eBay :P

Mine did as well.....remarkably it was in very good shape....go figure.

Is Zavvi easy to deal with? I got 7 campervans today. They sent them in a huge cardboard box of which I have never seen such a flimsy wall, literally felt like tissue paper. pretty bad damage to 3 of them, 2 are okay the last 2 are not the greatest either.

image.png.8edbf36f028973edde542b91ca1c6025.png

image.thumb.png.e3530bb801196432bbbcfd0d12770da9.png

Will they refund me and let me return or am I up for a battle?

Is Zavvi easy to deal with? I got 7 campervans today. They sent them in a huge cardboard box of which I have never seen such a flimsy wall, literally felt like tissue paper. pretty bad damage to 3 of them, 2 are okay the last 2 are not the greatest either.

http://bp-forum.s3.amazonaws.com/monthly_2020_11/image.png.8edbf36f028973edde542b91ca1c6025.png
http://bp-forum.s3.amazonaws.com/monthly_2020_11/image.thumb.png.e3530bb801196432bbbcfd0d12770da9.png

Short answer - it’s a battle. I’ll let others with actual experience explain. Or just go through this post.

7 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

You should have bought them with sturdy London Buses for support.

11 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

In my experience, Zavvi responded to my email the next day with a partial refund offer to compensate for the damage. If you accept the offer, the refund is processed the following day.

11 minutes ago, rebuild said:

In my experience, Zavvi responded to my email the next day with a partial refund offer to compensate for the damage. If you accept the offer, the refund is processed the following day.

Good for you! I've only read of others having issues getting a hold of a customer service rep. Nice to hear of someone successfully getting a partial refund. Would you care to share the details of how much and what set?