Thread of Packaging Excellence

3 hours ago, CosmicSpeed said:

I got my treehouse today. Probably the same box size, but they used the Hot Rod as one of the "Air pillows" on the side. Treehouse box is alright, im building it anyways, but the Hot Rod is destroyed.

I had one of those as well - same outcome - Hot Rod box was crushed but Treehouse was fine.  At least it was to the side of the Treehouse and not on top of it like it was with the diner.

2 hours ago, keymomachine said:

Target shipped mine diagonally in a big ole box (I had selected it was a gift), box had a few air pillows, but probably half as many as would make a difference. Shipping Box didn't fare well, but the Upside Down is in good shape apart from the fact that EVERY seal sticker has popped, probably due to stress on them and the hot trucks. 

I received a 20th Anniv. Slave-1 from Target that way as well.  I was thankful only one seal popped.  Made me glad I drove to the store to pick up another one.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, president89 said:

What do you do when Lego.com jams the free gift in the same box as your main item, and as a result, the main item gets squished. It's a lego expert creator, so I am concerned with box condition.

Call LEGO customer service and they will ship you another.  They are easy to work with.  You will receive a return label to ship bad one back but don’t send until you receive the other. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, president89 said:

What do you do when Lego.com jams the free gift in the same box as your main item, and as a result, the main item gets squished. It's a lego expert creator, so I am concerned with box condition.

I'm not sure what you should do, but I know what you shouldn't do, and that's post this question in the daily deals thread.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

On 6/20/2020 at 10:27 PM, TheBrickClique said:

I took pictures today :(  A total of 8 diners came this way over a couple of days.  On the same day, Amazon also delivered two fresh in a box.  Grrr...

I might try to break even with these on ebay versus adding to my return tally.  It'll be a good experiment to see if box condition really doesn't matter :)

IMG_4780.jpg

you are a skilled trader with experience. you know damned well that 12 months after EOL you can sell these at the RRP ät least.. so its just a matter of your current cash-flow.

8 hours ago, president89 said:

That is why occasionally I order the large sets when they are back-ordered with a small item guaranteeing shipment now and the primary, larger item is shipped separately later. Sometimes LEGO does ship them separately to begin with as I saw with the Sian, but that is not the norm.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, benjamin4172 said:

I ordered the Hidden Side Bus for 23€ 3 times on amazon.es. They sent me 3 Boxes with nice Packing from Amazon Germany...sometimes I love them;-) No Dents , Mint.

I got a bunch of stuff ordered from amazon.es but shipped from germany as well. The weird thing was it takes a long time to ship and that shipping is not free despite being free if ordered amazon.de and above 45eur. I had some stuff pancaked from amazon.de recently though, I don't like the perforated boxes that can be cut down it gets crushed easily.

On 6/26/2020 at 12:01 AM, exciter1 said:

Mine are a 100% in bags so far.  I expect a mess the next few days.

Mine started arriving this morning... All in boxes. All still damaged... all with multiple stickers. They were damaged before being packed/shipped. At 73% off I'm not going to complain... much.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, KvHulk said:

Mine started arriving this morning... All in boxes. All still damaged... all with multiple stickers. They were damaged before being packed/shipped. At 73% off I'm not going to complain... much.

The shipping notifications keep rolling in. They are being sent 1 or 2 at a time. I'm at about 50% damaged, but not complaining here either.

• 3 weeks later...

Worst case... Build it. It's a great set. But at $230 you will still be able to make good money on it. If it follows Porsche's lead it should be a $600-700 set or more post retirement. Interesting thing about the Covid shortage is it gave you a look into the future of what sets may sell for in the future. Granted there was a increased demand and shortages so prices were exaggerated but still. It gave us all a look into what was popular. And Porsche did great. So I anticipate Bugatti to be similar.

Indeed I may just keep this set for my own stash. I bought a bunch of them during a sale recently, many of the had an Xmas sticker on them. I'm guessing they were leftovers from the shelves and many had a tinge of shelf wear. 

The selling prices of porsche has been climbing recently where I live and unfortunately I'm down to my last piece which I very much intend to keep unless the price becomes something crazy like 1k.

I have about 6 of the porsches. I sold 2 of them for $500 ea. Buy in was $250. But I definitely think this will go higher. As they release more super cars (Bugatti/Lambo) people will collect them and want them all. I think Porsche could easily be $800+ in a couple years. And I think Bugatti will do similar. So I'm stocking up on the Bugattis now. Just bought 2 more yesterday with the Zavvi sale.