Thread of Packaging Excellence

I should have taken pics of the four speed champions I just received from Amazon.  I ordered all four at the same time.  Amazon, in their infinite wisdom, separated them into four separate shipments received over three days each packed in a bubble mailer.  *facepalm* 

All are going back because they were all crushed.  Seriously, why do these companies (Target included) send LEGO in a bubble mailer?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mathew said:

That looks fine.  Why are you concerned?  

Not concerned at all, quite the opposite!

That was my initial reaction looking at the outside of the box, but when I opened it and saw that the one bubble was luckily placed in the bad corner, I immediately grabbed a random TLM2 clearance set, lit it on fire, and tossed it out to the wolves as a sacrifice to the LEGO gods.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Target:

Ok , when the first two were delivered I thought that the shipping company (Fedex) messed up the shipping box and just sent on the contents since its happened to me.  Then another delivery truck shows up and I'm watching him stack my boxes together and then place two more Upside Down House's on top and carries them to my house.  I don't get it.  I get $25 - $40 sets delivered in boxes with padding, Millennium Falcons and Downtown Diners delivered in their own separate boxes, but $200 Upside Down Houses get a couple labels slapped on them and sent off?  Unbelievable!  I can't wait for the next two to show up.

IMG_4763.jpeg

15 minutes ago, gmpirate said:

Target:

Ok , when the first two were delivered I thought that the shipping company (Fedex) messed up the shipping box and just sent on the contents since its happened to me.  Then another delivery truck shows up and I'm watching him stack my boxes together and then place two more Upside Down House's on top and carries them to my house.  I don't get it.  I get $25 - $40 sets delivered in boxes with padding, Millennium Falcons and Downtown Diners delivered in their own separate boxes, but $200 Upside Down Houses get a couple labels slapped on them and sent off?  Unbelievable!  I can't wait for the next two to show up.

IMG_4763.jpeg

ouch, it hurts

Target:
IMG_4763.thumb.jpeg.af24e2405da5de60a4b2bec06a2adb42.jpeg
Wow... that's ridiculous. I just ordered a 75955 Hogwarts express from Target that arrived yesterday in a box big enough to fit 2 of the Stranger Things sets.

Target:

Asking for a friend - did you use a Red Card on those? Any other discount?

5 hours ago, Shortbus311 said:
16 hours ago, gmpirate said:
Target:

Wow... that's ridiculous. I just ordered a 75955 Hogwarts express from Target that arrived yesterday in a box big enough to fit 2 of the Stranger Things sets.

Yeah, Target definitely has big enough boxes for these sitting around, and they generally use them for stuff that doesn't make sense. Obviously not the same dimensions as your sets, but I had an order that was split between different boxes, and the box that contained 4 containers of blowing bubbles for my daughter was 3 feet long. My wife asked me what I ordered and I honestly wasn't sure what was going to be in there. 

5 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

Asking for a friend - did you use a Red Card on those? Any other discount?

Red Card in a PITA.  When I stepped out of the game for a while Target reduced my spending limit to the impractical.  In an effort to make it useable, I kept paying it off.  So, right now my balance is zero but it keeps getting declined.  I called and they said its on a security hold for two weeks because I paid it off too much.

1 hour ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

assume you're going to contact Target for a discount, right? that's terrible. 

I know that's an option, but I plan to return them.  I don't want to deal with selling sets in different conditions.

Interesting note:  When I went to print out return slips there's a message in the shipping notes.  "Because this item ships in its original packaging, there’s no way to hide what it is."  The product page makes no mention of this and why would they do this in the first place???

28 minutes ago, gmpirate said:

I know that's an option, but I plan to return them.  I don't want to deal with selling sets in different conditions.

Interesting note:  When I went to print out return slips there's a message in the shipping notes.  "Because this item ships in its original packaging, there’s no way to hide what it is."  The product page makes no mention of this and why would they do this in the first place???

Are you going to ship them back the same way Target shipped them to you (no shipping box)?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, gmpirate said:

If you are going to ship them back without an outside box, be sure to put tape all around the Lego box side flaps to ensure that the contents remain inside during transit.  You don't want to give Target any excuse for not giving you a full refund.

• Like 1

Target sent me 2 small City sets and 2 small duplicate Speed Champion sets, all 4 sets in one plastic bag, all arrived smashed.  Since one SC set was NOT for personal build, I took it back to a store that had 7 more in stock for exchange.  At first they told me they were not doing exchanges in store for online merch, but then they spoke to a manager and he agreed to exchange it for a nice one from the shelf.  Guess this ban on exchanges is a COVID thing?

3 hours ago, Jackson said:

Are you going to ship them back the same way Target shipped them to you (no shipping box)?

Normally I always take back to store rather than expense them on more shipping costs.  But, since they are not returns right now I was going through the process of mailing them in.  I fill out all their forms, took pictures and then at the end it says I have to call customer service.

• 2 weeks later...

This arrived today:

C0I6pAIl.jpg

xJjnrfql.jpg

I thought it's some eBay items that I had forgotten is coming. It turns out it's from Walmart.com. What happened to their shipping standard???

Miraculously, the two HP carriages and Shrimp Shack were all safe. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, locidm said:

This arrived today:

C0I6pAIl.jpg

xJjnrfql.jpg

I thought it's some eBay items that I had forgotten is coming. It turns out it's from Walmart.com. What happened to their shipping standard???

Miraculously, the two HP carriages and Shrimp Shack were all safe. 

I got my Carriage and Shrimp Shack form Walmart in a giant 24x24 box for flowers. They went overboard on the wrapping but man, it was a pain to unwrap and unbox.

• Like 1

I got my Carriage and Shrimp Shack form Walmart in a giant 24x24 box for flowers. They went overboard on the wrapping but man, it was a pain to unwrap and unbox.

Lol. Mine was a bounty paper towel box. I guess they ran out of boxes!

Lol. Mine was a bounty paper towel box. I guess they ran out of boxes!

• 2 weeks later...