Thread of Packaging Excellence

1 hour ago, Alpinemaps said:

Got my two Clsssic Batcaves from Blinq. One arrived perfect the other not so much.

Standing up the set in the box though? Geez.

8432e10b66f53cf538b9a0d4bdf4db8f.jpg

c551a69de91fd7a0bb5cc58ca91e723d.jpg

I’m probably going to personal build both of these. But still.

I bought 7.  3 of them had open seals.  pretty pissed about that.

another day, another pile of minnie in poly bags from kohls.

and today, the skeleton attacks from best buy sale started trickling in, 50% of them have giant nonremovable routing stickers on them.  tried to get the hair dryer to work but peeling off the actual box print.

i don't mind a little smoosh but these are  fd.  these weren't large orders either - it was 2x per order so they are just idiots thinking that anyone wanting  a toy for christmas or holidays would be ok with a giant ups routing sticker on the front of the actual gift.

first and last time ordering lego from best buy.

meanwhile target continues to impress shipping out nether railway minty in lego cartons 3 per order.  carton inside a box with air cushions no less - thank you!

Edited by cladner

another day, another pile of minnie in poly bags from kohls.

and today, the skeleton attacks from best buy sale started trickling in, 50% of them have giant nonremovable routing stickers on them.  tried to get the hair dryer to work but peeling off the actual box print.

i don't mind a little smoosh but these are  fd.  these weren't large orders either - it was 2x per order so they are just idiots thinking that anyone wanting  a toy for christmas or holidays would be ok with a giant ups routing sticker on the front of the actual gift.

first and last time ordering lego from best buy.

meanwhile target continues to impress shipping out nether railway minty in lego cartons 3 per order.  carton inside a box with air cushions no less - thank you!

Interesting, my 2x 21143 Nether Railway from Best Buy came in pristine boxes in a large cardboard box, filled with at least 30 air pockets. Box was flimsy and had a few dents, but sets were great.

• Like 1

I’m throwing this here because it never should have been packed.

First time getting a ship to home order from Michael’s. Seals completely cut. Pieces falling out of the LEGO box into the mailing box.

Opened the LEGO box and found all the bags inside opened and not a single minifig inside.

At least I was aware so I could return it.

11112051abd44529e11713862bcfdf18.jpg

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

I also got my first package from Michael's yesterday. A box of cruising adventure was stuffed inside a bag and then shipped. Needless to say, the box was crushed, the seals were apparently broken as the contents were spilled into the bag. I didn't even bother opening the package. Called Michael's, they were nice enough to refund without needing me to return the package because they are OOS for replacement and the item was damaged. Once the refund arrives (2-3 days) I'll open the package to see what I've got.

Edited by locidm

Received my OFS from Amazon today.  The shipping box was fine but it looks like this either fell off a rack or got mishandled by an employee, or robot... if this were still readily available it'd be an easy return and swap.  Is it worth doing anything about or should I still hang on to it?  I have one other direct from Lego in mint condition, this is my 2nd.  I guess I could always build it but I'm already short on display space.  Thoughts?

Edit: I guess they're available again so I ordered another.  Maybe I can initiate a return or trade this one with a Brickpicker for something else.

20181221_154729.jpg

Edited by MusiKyle

13 minutes ago, MusiKyle said:

Received my OFS from Amazon today.  The shipping box was fine but it looks like this either fell off a rack or got mishandled by an employee, or robot... if this were still readily available it'd be an easy return and swap.  Is it worth doing anything about or should I still hang on to it?  I have one other direct from Lego in mint condition, this is my 2nd.  I guess I could always build it but I'm already short on display space.  Thoughts?

I wouldn't worry about that.  If you want, you could try and get some credit from Amazon.  After receiving various box conditions from Amazon I don't even worry about it anymore. 

Just note it when you sell, you may need to knock $5 off the going rate, but you shouldn't have an issue moving it.  You could sell it without the box to save on some shipping cost, but if it's still sealed, I'd leave it that way.

Edited by fuzzy_bricks
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I had been warned shipments from Kohl's may come in bags.

I got 2 Mickey Brickheadz. One came in a bag and got kinda smooshed.
The 2nd came in a box and I thought, "Oh good, one should be OK."
20181221_185332.thumb.jpg.ca8b84b80016d9cd91ec474ab88bb0b2.jpg

Scotch taped? Wow. I guess these are coming off of store shelves.
I went ahead and opened to verify and the bags look untouched.
Worst-shaped box ends up being the keeper. It has been chosen.

Edited by lodibricks

5 hours ago, MusiKyle said:

Edit: I guess they're available again so I ordered another.  Maybe I can initiate a return or trade this one with a Brickpicker for something else.

20181221_154729.jpg

Please hold onto this one, sell it for 2x original price (-$5) and use that to buy a wifi printer. ;)

• Like 2

Finally got that half off HP Castle from the Entertainment Earth deal they did several days ago... for a minute or less as an online 'doorbuster'.  As a company known for selling collectibles they did a pretty solid job with the packing and shipping.  Wrapped nicely in paper, under the Lego box, around and on top, not squished, Lego box was mint as far as I could tell.  Shipping box was very sturdy with top that overlapped, helping to prevent cutting through the shipping tape into the product when opening.  "Fragile" printed on the box and everything, great shipping job here.

20181222_150757.jpg

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, MusiKyle said:

Finally got that half off HP Castle from the Entertainment Earth deal they did several days ago... for a minute or less as an online 'doorbuster'.  As a company known for selling collectibles they did a pretty solid job with the packing and shipping.  Wrapped nicely in paper, under the Lego box, around and on top, not squished, Lego box was mint as far as I could tell.  Shipping box was very sturdy with top that overlapped, helping to prevent cutting through the shipping tape into the product when opening.  "Fragile" printed on the box and everything, great shipping job here.

20181222_150757.jpg

Shipping is always top notch from EE.  They are about the only collectibles company that guarantees MINT shipments on most of their items.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Legojona said:

Amazon Germany is getting into the habit of bubble wrapping large sets which is great for postage and also very easy for storage. I went from returning about a quarter of the items to only about one in twenty.

not just large sets.. even smaller ones like Friend Ski Lift of Ninjago Temple of Ressurection. I can easily compare: last year ordered above 20 or so packages, NONE had more than a single sheet of wrapping paper (cca 50x 50 cm).. this year? every single set in a package was either completely fitted with air bags or enough wrapping paper to secure the boxes inside. No damaged set at all, no battered corners, nothing.. i wonder what has changed since last year..  was the amount of returns more than they could handle? Did LEGO complain?

• Like 1

On 12/13/2018 at 5:27 AM, Alpinemaps said:

Got my two Clsssic Batcaves from Blinq. One arrived perfect the other not so much.

Standing up the set in the box though? Geez.

8432e10b66f53cf538b9a0d4bdf4db8f.jpg

c551a69de91fd7a0bb5cc58ca91e723d.jpg

I’m probably going to personal build both of these. But still.

funny.. BLINQ.. I remember last year buying from them on ebay DELL enterprise storage fitted with 12x 3 TB drives.. price only 500 USD (discount of 90 %].. I asked them THREE times before commiting to purchase it whether it really has the drives inside (yes, of course, sir..if its in the descripiton they are inside).. package came 3 weeks after that, no drives inside of course.. I got them to refund me 300 USD but no more BLINQ purchases - and seeing your delivery Im glad that I made that decision.

Edited by crayxlp
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Phil B said:
3 hours ago, Foreman Porgy said:
Thanks Best Buy emoji58.png
20114492-4DB7-40CD-9727-679E2C87641A.thumb.jpeg.a82473c656aa37679e88a20e061d0ed9.jpeg

Just received a Speed Champions set from Amazon in the same condition, also sent in a bubble mailer. Luckily it's for a personal build.

I got a couple of these to part out so I could keep the polar bear builds. This kind of packing excellence makes me wonder how long until they end up like TRU in the states.