Thread of Packaging Excellence

Crocodiles from John Lewis:

Screenshot 2020-09-29 at 14.38.35.png

I was quite pleased when they arrived in a sealed carton, but then I opened it.....

I'm currently on hold for customer services as I'd like to see if they can offer any kind of discount as I intend to build one anyway. If I don't get at least 30% off, they're going back. There was only one layer of clear tape on the box, so they must have left Lego like this. I'd expect this from Argos, but not John Lewis. I'm now going to check all my sealed cartons at both ends, just in case.

Edited by BorderTerrier
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, BorderTerrier said:

Crocodiles from John Lewis:

Screenshot 2020-09-29 at 14.38.35.png

I was quite pleased when they arrived in a sealed carton, but then I opened it.....

I'm currently on hold for customer services as I'd like to see if they can offer any kind of discount as I intend to build one anyway. If I don't get at least 30% off, they're going back. There was only one layer of clear tape on the box, so they must have left Lego like this. I'd expect this from Argos, but not John Lewis. I'm now going to check all my sealed cartons at both ends, just in case.

Phew.... I've just checked my other sets in cartons and all is good.

After an hour trying to get through to a human with a brain, John Lewis have just put a £50 credit on my account that I've accepted meaning that these 2 Crocodiles work out at £47 each via their MYLEGO20 code. I'll build the one with the hole in it and not sure what I'll do with the other one yet, perhaps flip for close to RRP nearer Xmas?

1 minute ago, joneyyy1981 said:

50S8 on mine. whatever that means

Week 50, Czech Republic, 2018. No Zero at the end so no panic 😉

I'm no expert as I just looked it up. I typically return sets with a B and R in the seal code as China and Mexico have had issues with colour accuracy. I "think" I read this on a Brickset article a while back.

• 3 weeks later...

Feeling a little guilty.  Bought some sets from a Military Exchange.  They came in just a polybag and both came damaged.  One worse than the other.  Nothing super bad.  Just one with a huge crushed corner and the other with a dented one.  I inquired what would be my options via live chat.  The customer service rep just immediately gave me a full refund.  I replied that a full refund was not necessary, as a partial refund would be adequate. She said that it was already put in the system.  So now I got both sets for free.  I haven't complained about box condition in a long time, in fact most of the time the sets come damaged and I just accept it and move on.  In this instance, I noticed the sets just went on sale and was just hoping to get the current sale price.  They went on sale a day after I placed my order.  I guess I will just order more sets from the store to help even out the karma :)

• Like 5

Can anyone give some advice with BRICKLINK,,,,

Spent about $1000 of which $170 was S&H,  packaged was trashed and seller is making me go through hoops to get the claim filed through the PO on MY end?  I have spent a week and HOURS trying to get it figured out.  I didnt send it so I cannot file a claim and they are telling me I need a proof of damage form which the USPS will not give me....any suggestions

Edited by Banjoman

c89d2ae101336c952db6d61a99648387.jpg
Maybe I’m out of the loop but since when do non-D2C sets come from LEGO in a single case shipper? 70431 ordered from Amazon. Would be nice if this is the start of a trend.

I’ve received a few random sets shipped like this from Amazon. I remember the Solo Falcon, original Saturn V, Vader’s Castle, but there might have been others too.

Zavvi AT-AT shipment arrived in a very nice box with air pillows, but not so many that it was caved in.

Target shipment arrived with an actual box, but no padding inside.  Pretty sad that I'm happy only one of the four had slight damage.  If Target had them in stock locally without damage, I would have picked them up.  *Sigh*  Seriously, Target can't get anything right.