Thread of Packaging Excellence

Not LEGO, but a first I've ever seen: we got a box yesterday from a clothing retailer that was clearly reused. Shipped Priority Mail to us but in a Fed-Ex Express box. All of the Fed-Ex Print was scribbled over with a sharpie, an old label was clearly ripped off, and some other parts of the box were taped over with masking tape (not sure what we will find underneath). There is a label inside for someone else, our guess is that its a return that they just slapped a new label on, got out their arts and crafts supplies, then tossed back into the mail. No complaints, it got here on time and hats off for recycling! 

2 minutes ago, legorunner said:

Not LEGO, but a first I've ever seen: we got a box yesterday from a clothing retailer that was clearly reused. Shipped Priority Mail to us but in a Fed-Ex Express box. All of the Fed-Ex Print was scribbled over with a sharpie, an old label was clearly ripped off, and some other parts of the box were taped over with masking tape (not sure what we will find underneath). There is a label inside for someone else, our guess is that its a return that they just slapped a new label on, got out their arts and crafts supplies, then tossed back into the mail. No complaints, it got here on time and hats off for recycling! 

The box shortage is real! :smile:

• Like 5

4 hours ago, legorunner said:

That happened to me back in April during the first lockdown here when everyone went online to shop. 

Christmas Eve Miracle!

No your eyes are not deceiving you...that's a cushioned Box within a cushioned outer box...FROM TARGET

There are two minty Slave 1 boxes.

20201224_115547.jpg

Also notice the small bubble wrap envelope plus the air cushions.

AND no box cutter stickers and Fragile tape.

I am flabbergasted!

Edited by $20 on joe vs dan
  • Like 9

4 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

Christmas Eve Miracle!

No your eyes are not deceiving you...that's a cushioned Box within a cushioned outer box...FROM TARGET

There are two minty Slave 1 boxes.

Also notice the small bubble wrap envelope plus the air cushions.

AND no box cutter stickers and Fragile tape.

I am flabbergasted!

I'm shocked as well.  I finally stopped ordering from Target.com because it was either coming in garment bags or it was crushed.  I've returned at least four orders from Target in the past two months alone. 

Last week I ordered a Treehouse from Walmart. I only ordered one because, I thought there was a good chance they would just slap a shipping label on the Lego box. I was pleasantly surprised when this box showed up. I hope this is what I can expect going forward. It would be nice to buy large sets that don’t get destroyed during shipping. Amazon, I’m talking to you. Merry Christmas everyone!

E306BA3B-CD63-4607-9EAC-EEB42034A225.jpeg

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

unboxing some best buy orders this morning and some sets are iffy wether they have nasty stickers ( the white ones that are glued on ), clear marks of stickers torn of the box , or seals that were reapplied . at least they call came in boxes. 

Best buy basically has to be 25% better than other options for me to buy from them, because I assume this is going to happen.  I kinda do the same for Zavvi/Iwoot.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Darth_Raichu said:

I just got around opening my order of Bhz Easter Chicks from Target.  Each box has a Target barcode sticker on it 🤦‍♂️

yep - these are the FU stickers.  you just noticing this?  are you sure you are a reseller?  my favorite is when some target shipper clerk has to put the individual brickheadz boxez inside a little plastic bag, twisty it nice and tight and then apply the sticker to the plastic covered box.  its fun extricating them from skintight plastic wrapping without damaging the box.  

Edited by cladner

1 hour ago, cladner said:

yep - these are the FU stickers.  you just noticing this?  are you sure you are a reseller?  my favorite is when some target shipper clerk has to put the individual brickheadz boxez inside a little plastic bag, twisty it nice and tight and then apply the sticker to the plastic covered box.  its fun extricating them from skintight plastic wrapping without damaging the box.  

Those are hit and miss.  Most of my Target orders did not have them.  They are not too hard to remove, just time consuming

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Those are hit and miss.  Most of my Target orders did not have them.  They are not too hard to remove, just time consuming

yeah they are easy to remove but a pitfa when there are hundred.  100% of my orders get stickered to the max.  target has me on ban mode at the moment so i guess it doesn't matter.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, cladner said:

yeah they are easy to remove but a pitfa when there are hundred.  100% of my orders get stickered to the max.  target has me on ban mode at the moment so i guess it doesn't matter.

1 hour ago, cladner said:

yep - these are the FU stickers.  you just noticing this?  are you sure you are a reseller? 

I mean just 100??? Are you sure you are a reseller?  I have dickens bigger than 100

• Haha 3