LEGO Ideas Results

TheOrcKing

5 hours ago, Dr Jedi said:

With Friends and now Seinfeld, someone needs to get making an Ideas set of Frasier.  The NBC Thursday night trinity!

Additionally - sad the winter chalet didn't get chosen.  I thought that was a nice successor to the OFS

Frasier would be awesome. Adults must have had no life in the 90's, there were to many good shows to watch at once 😆

I'm really happy the typewriter was one of the winners. I personally dont think any IP sets should win in the ideas line, as to me it should be about great ingenuity and lego designs, rather than mediocre builds that noone would really notice of the IP sign or minifigs were there.

But I guess if it was that way all of the ideas sets would be poor sellers.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, tawsauce said:

Frasier would be awesome. Adults must have had no life in the 90's, there were to many good shows to watch at once 😆

There was no Youtube or Netflix.  Streaming media consisted of 15fps 320x240 blocky video. You watched what was on tv or rented movies from Blockbuster.  Movie theaters existed too. 

1 hour ago, Voltron said:

I'm really happy the typewriter was one of the winners. I personally dont think any IP sets should win in the ideas line, as to me it should be about great ingenuity and lego designs, rather than mediocre builds that noone would really notice of the IP sign or minifigs were there.

I think the typewriter is very clever. I hate the tv/movie dioramas. They lack imagination imo.

17 hours ago, Voltron said:

says Voltron!!! 😆

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
10 hours ago, joneyyy1981 said:

totally off topic, but is the home alone house not happening then?

There are currently 6 IDEAS sets approved, but not on shelves:

• 123 Sesame Street
  • Medieval Blacksmith
  • Home Alone House
  • Typewriter
  • Seinfeld
  • Winnie the Pooh

There are currently 61 sets under review, 26 from First Review 2020, and 35 from Second Review 2020 (which just closed).

If this keeps up, they may end up needing to have a new Ideas set every month to keep the backlog down.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

There are currently 61 sets under review, 26 from First Review 2020, and 35 from Second Review 2020 (which just closed).

If this keeps up, they may end up needing to have a new Ideas set every month to keep the backlog down.

Or maybe they'll select 3-4 from each round and then do a second vote similar to how the ISS was chosen.

14 minutes ago, exracer327 said:

Or maybe they'll select 3-4 from each round and then do a second vote similar to how the ISS was chosen.

They need to reduce the number of sets that get through to review stage.  Either increase number of votes or reduce the timeframe for hitting the 10k mark.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Cheese said:

They need to reduce the number of sets that get through to review stage.  Either increase number of votes or reduce the timeframe for hitting the 10k mark.

Normally LEGO has about a dozen per review period and will pick 1-3 of that group.  So I don't think the submission time, etc. is the issue.  During covid-19, it has been extreme.

Only the last two review periods have seen 2-3 times that many submissions due to everyone staying home but I highly doubt LEGO will chose 6-9 sets (2-3 times what LEGO would normally chose) to produce.  That would create the backlog mentioned earlier in this thread.  So they will most likely pick 2-3 / review period and then do some sort of second round of voting to find the best of the rest.  (Like how the ISS was chosen from past submissions that were not selected.)

Additionally, I would expect the next few review periods will see far fewer submissions hit the 10k mark because so many hit it in record time over the past two review periods.  So right now it's a feast but the famine is coming for sets to review.

Edited by exracer327
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

LEGO said in their press release a few days ago, that they acknowledge there’s an increase, but are waiting to see if this continues before making any changes.

You may remember a few years ago, they did reviews quarterly. If this keeps up, maybe time for that?

It's an amazing # of sets that truly shows the depth and creativity of the AFOL community. The only complaint that I have is the volume of approved sets is harder to follow and I think people only have so much money, so much bandwith to keep track of it.

• Like 1

On 9/9/2020 at 11:03 PM, Alpinemaps said:

And to think years back when all this started (even still when the project started gaining proper momentum), LEGO had barely approved any of the submissions. Now here we stand with a list of "to-do's" growing. For the moment a backlog is a good thing. People will have a preview as to what will be released in due time and should there ever be a returning lull in lack of approvals whatever the case may be, there is a stream of already approved ideas to fall back on for as long as that lasts anyway. Chances are LEGO will not always have this full of an inbox for green-lit submissions. Then again, creativity on the Ideas site has climbed nicely over time.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Ideas Results Blog just landed:

https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/a4ae09b6-0d4c-4307-9da8-3ee9f3d368d6/post/07c2ec48-5e9d-462f-83a1-53ba50cd869f

Spoiler

image.png.a80c8e780bc53f0ee6020012b2dc7153.png

Plus the Sonic Set is up for further review.

They also released results of the "music to our ears" contest which I guess was a mini themed IDEAS competition.

Spoiler

2020-09-30.png

This one is great and I think it will do well with guitar-heads like my Father-in-law.

• Like 2

On 9/10/2020 at 1:11 PM, Cheese said:

I agree, there's so many sets getting approved that the theme doesn't feel "special" anymore.

Or... they can simply take the lazy option like they did the other week - LOL.

Edited by BorderTerrier

I'm really happy with that Globe, I was a cartographer/GIS tech in the past and most of my decor is maps, I can't wait to build this and put it on the mantel.

Hey! That was my background. Cartographer/GIS guy. It was my first career. Onto a second career now. But I too love maps and use them in my decor. So yeah, this one is great!
  • Like 3

• 4 months later...