LEGO Ideas Results

TheOrcKing

I´d say for sales the 2 NASA sets would be safer bets but we have had so many of them already it is practically a sub-theme.

The Office seems to be quite big and maybe the characters are not as likeable/well known as those from TBBT or Friends. Pooh is pretty old fashioned but is still a solid IP. Thunderbirds seems too marginal.

24 minutes ago, Val-E said:

I´d say for sales the 2 NASA sets would be safer bets but we have had so many of them already it is practically a sub-theme.

The Office seems to be quite big and maybe the characters are not as likeable/well known as those from TBBT or Friends. Pooh is pretty old fashioned but is still a solid IP. Thunderbirds seems too marginal.

This. My money is on Pooh.  It fits LEGO's MO

30 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

It fits LEGO's MO

lack of creativity, ripping off prior successes and absence of imagination?   

how about throw in a purple trex (thinking mutant carnivore barney) and a helicopter to one of these sets. then we might have something to set the alarm to at midnight see we can reconnect over  how bad tlg is.

wah weh all these choices suc. 

can we finally get an EVE to go with that money maker wall-e pleeze.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, marcandre said:

Office has not aged well. It won't get made imho. 

https://www.avclub.com/the-office-is-getting-harder-to-watch-1822026491

It's weird, cause i almost thought The Office was REAL and not a sitcom or comedy. 

Insert any show into that headline and check if anything has aged better than when it was 1st released.  

Over the past few months I re-watched Friends from season 1 to the end.  Plenty of comedy in there that wouldn't occur today, in fact, Joey might not even exist today.

23 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

This. My money is on Pooh.  It fits LEGO's MO

Pooh yes, but not as another Treehouse. I could see it change into the bottom stump of a tree with interior, with some foliage or perhaps a Heffalump trap. 

NASA is getting tiring, so count those out. Anything Modular house related is out too. That leaves some very marginal IP and the Air Fight thingy.

3 hours ago, LegoMan1212 said:

It's weird, cause i almost thought The Office was REAL and not a sitcom or comedy. 

Insert any show into that headline and check if anything has aged better than when it was 1st released.  

Over the past few months I re-watched Friends from season 1 to the end.  Plenty of comedy in there that wouldn't occur today, in fact, Joey might not even exist today.

Friends is horrible. Office is actually pretty good. Real or not much of it would not float in today's climate. I think lego will pass for this reason. I personally don't take offense to anything in the show. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, marcandre said:

Friends is horrible. Office is actually pretty good. Real or not much of it would not float in today's climate. I think lego will pass for this reason. I personally don't take offense to anything in the show. 

So awful it went 10 full seasons with no seasons that are "tougher" to watch because the main character took a break.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion but let's not put Friends into the Horrible bucket.  

I wasn't even comparing how good these were in the past post, but in Lego terms, Friends has been made, not all  jokes/characters would work today and the Office is next on the block of possibly being made by Lego.  I think it has a fair shot of being made too.  That is all I'm saying from the above.  That article is just another "writer" with an opinion that doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things and you could insert any sitcom from many years ago into the title.

EDIT: Random website ranking sitcoms  http://underscoopfire.com/the-50-best-sitcoms-of-all-time-10-1/  

I feel pretty awesome that I watched a significant portion of each show from the top 10.  What a time to be alive!

Edited by LegoMan1212
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, LegoMan1212 said:

So awful it went 10 full seasons with no seasons that are "tougher" to watch because the main character took a break. 

Friend is trash. Plenty of bad shows had long runs. Most popular rarely equals good. 

I really only mentioned it because this was all over last week https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/scaachikoul/friends-anniversary-bad

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, marcandre said:

Friend is trash. Plenty of bad shows had long runs. Most popular rarely equals good. 

I really only mentioned it because this was all over last week https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/scaachikoul/friends-anniversary-bad

Buzzfeed, where I go when I can't generate my own thoughts and opinions and someone that was 3 when it came out would totally "get it".  

"Most popular rarely equals good"  as if 25 million were forced to watch it.  

This conversation is cracking me up.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, spener90 said:

All of this talk of tv show Lego sets makes me want a Community Lego set, possible option to have a paintball theme.

image.thumb.png.e95bf62ad7dfc4f84089f61bacd683af.png

Indeed.  Married with Children and Cheers would be wonderful too.  

Married with Children could be the main room and then also a shoe store, then something with Polk High.  (I think this was the name of the HS Al attended)

Cheers could be quite the interior bar with back pool room.

Edited by LegoMan1212

1 hour ago, LegoMan1212 said:

EDIT: Random website ranking sitcoms  http://underscoopfire.com/the-50-best-sitcoms-of-all-time-10-1/  

I feel pretty awesome that I watched a significant portion of each show from the top 10.  What a time to be alive!

Dude, they put the Wonder Years in the list.  Not much credibility there. :P  WY was a damn good show but it was not a sitcom.  It was more of reflective look of the yesteryears.

Also, whoever wrote the article ranked Modern Family higher than Fresh Prince of Bell Air.  Seriously, you are buying their s*** ?? :D

43 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Dude, they put the Wonder Years in the list.  Not much credibility there. :P  WY was a damn good show but it was not a sitcom.  It was more of reflective look of the yesteryears.

Also, whoever wrote the article ranked Modern Family higher than Fresh Prince of Bell Air.  Seriously, you are buying their s*** ?? :D

A. it was Random

B. Next time I'll find a buzzfeed article

• Haha 2

Next selection of LEGO Ideas sets up for review:
lego-ideas-second-2019-review-phase.thumb.jpg.865b980a58e01878fe3a47a932e8da9f.jpg
  • LEGO Ideas Space Shuttle Atlantis
  • LEGO Ideas Thunderbirds Are Go
  • LEGO Ideas Pursuit of Flight
  • LEGO Ideas History Museum
  • LEGO Ideas The Office
  • LEGO Ideas Medieval Blacksmith
  • LEGO Ideas Winnie the Pooh
  • LEGO Ideas NASA Spacecraft
  • LEGO Ideas The Haunted Mansion
  • LEGO Ideas The Seven Dwarfs’ House

If going by the guidelines and crossing off MOCs, only thunderbirds, flight and the office should have a shot. So I’ll go with thunderbirds and given the syndication on Netflix the office probably could have a shot, but not with 17 minifigures. Caveat is that The guidelines don’t explain selection of Steamboat Willie or the ISS to some extent.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

I don't think the Office is culturally significant enough and I think it has more funny moments than Friends which I find to be boring.

In regards to 'they wouldn't make shows like that anymore', I watched Airplane! earlier this week and it's still funny and inapproproate. Same with Fawlty Towers. :)

2 hours ago, Belac said:

I have just the spot for that medieval blacksmith. reading here no one thinks its a go. why is that?

Would be an awesome set....especially with my recent Lowenstein Castle. Perhaps there's a belief that Lego will introduce a Castle themed series in the near future? Blacksmith set would be competition?

Edit: or the set it just too large to see production.

Edited by eliminator

46 minutes ago, eliminator said:

or the set it just too large to see production.

I don't believe this is the case as it's about the same as Old fishing store.

Maybe there about to do there own castle system like you mentioned. It would likely pale in compare to the modular detail being marketed for kids though. unlike the ideas line which seams to have an older target. 

I think the Office would be an excellent set. Office is much better than friends, big bang theory, etc, which were already made.

There are also two Office designs that could be approved. One of them is in the upcoming review (the one with Pirates Bay, Sesame street, SpaceX, etc.) and the next in the following review (blacksmith, flight pursuit, thunderbirds, etc.). 

• 3 weeks later...