LEGO Ideas Results

TheOrcKing

Seeing the exo suit instantly reminded me of Ripley and the Power Loader from ALIEN and I asked myself:

Why does LEGO not get an ALIEN license? Produce a set like "Ripley with Power Loader fighting the Alien Queen".
Produce all those cool vehicles and ships:

- The Nostromo

- Landing Ship

- Troop Transport

- The Colony...

...well ok, I already get it: too scary, too violent, not really LEGO-like. But seeing all those vehicles and ships in nice black und blue boxes in a LEGO store would have been awesome.

• Like 2

Guest eightbrick

Yes! I love that Exo Suit! That said, it's absolutely pathetic that only one out of ten passed (I thought originally they said they would try to do one winner from each review - or more...). Oh well... as long as they don't water down the detail too much the Exo Suit should look stunning! Good news for a great MOCer, congrats Peter!

I really wanted Portal.  I would have bought that for myself and for investments.  The exo suit is investment only, if I even buy any.  It looks messy and unorganized.  Maybe It is a fun item, but my initial response is that it's not that impressive for display, playing with, or building.  Ghostbusters items look pretty cool, though I would also like to see the Lego Women win.  My daughter is always asking for more, but the sets just don't have the ratios to even out our counts at home.

Guest eightbrick

I'm not really familiar with the series (had one game, didn't really understand it and got stuck as a kid) but yeah they should just give in and produce one already. With the other one coming in (Iron Knucle Encounter) that'll be three LoZ projects... lol they can't take a hint, can they?

I don't really like many of them at all. I am in for Zelda of the league of Legends. Other than that not really impressed.

I'm disappointed the Mini-Shops idea didn't pass even though the designer gave like a a dozen ways Lego could have gone with like a little Lego store. I am not surprised the Tumbler didn't pass seeing how they already did one back in the day (plus the currently available smaller one), Perdue Pete was a very limited market despite getting so many votes quickly, the Google Android is cute but I'd imagine some weird licensing issues surrounding it, the prior Legend of Zelda project was rejected so what else was going to happen here, and I don't know how League of Legends could have turned out anyway considering it really just would have been a bunch of minifigures and nothing to show for as an actual set.

I almost thought Portals would have passed seeing how popular the game is along with the continuing performance of Minecraft. Space Marines (Space Troopers, whatever) had so much potential. Poor guy, Nick Royer (the designer) changed one thing after another after yet another to still get the boot. How utterly frustrating. Well, seeing how everyone else is being brutally honest, I couldn't give two less of a poop for the Land Rover. I'm sorry but it's just a big gray square jeep. I'm still waiting for the vastly superior and original Vampire GT to reach review and pass.

VampireGTth.jpg

I'm not going to lie, I've gone through a TON of CUUSOO projects, and short of the AT-AT, almost nothing IMO seems worthwhile.

I've seen the invisible hand and that actually looks pretty decent.

I think my problem is that I just don't like small sets.  I like big sets.  Only problem is, the chances of seeing a really badass 6000+ piece set are slim. =/.

• Like 1

I seem to be the only person on this site super excited about the exo suit being made.. maybe if exobro was back things would be different...

You aren't the only one who has been amped up for the Exo-suit. It was one of the first projects I ever supported early last year. I already said I was glad to finally see something completely original get the greenlight. I only hope Lego doesn't make too many changes for the final product.

You aren't the only one who has been amped up for the Exo-suit. It was one of the first projects I ever supported early last year. I already said I was glad to finally see something completely original get the greenlight. I only hope Lego doesn't make too many changes for the final product.

yup changes would be a huge issue. I think it'll be a good price. probably 29.99 or 34.99