LEGO Ideas Results

TheOrcKing

• 4 weeks later...
Guest eightbrick

Way to go Lego.  Just pick the worst idea and throw out the good ones completely.

Personally I think its great that a AFOL-driven project - a non-licensed one at that too - made it (especially after the whole community in general seemed bummed out when the modular western town got binned). I mean, all but one of the other projects involved some kind of licensed idea and I think its a lot easier to respect Peter Reid (excellent MOCer BTW) taking that into account. I do agree though, there were a lot of good projects out there that got cut. If only they reviewed them beforehand better so anything that hit 10K could be made...

Personally I think its great that a AFOL-driven project - a non-licensed one at that too - made it (especially after the whole community in general seemed bummed out when the modular western town got binned). I mean, all but one of the other projects involved some kind of licensed idea and I think its a lot easier to respect Peter Reid (excellent MOCer BTW) taking that into account. I do agree though, there were a lot of good projects out there that got cut. If only they reviewed them beforehand better so anything that hit 10K could be made...

That seems to be my issue with this.  Generally speaking there are many good ones that take over a year to reach the 10,000 support number to only be rejected 6+ months down the road.  Lego needs to revamp it so that projects I guess have a fighting chance?

The other thing I find odd, is how some people are all up in arms about some projects not making it.  Between licensing issues and such, it never stood a chance.  Don't blame Lego for denying it.

• 2 months later...

My only beef with the results is that it only looks like they are making the car. I would have liked to have the station with is as well. I might still get it, but I might hold out for a while. With this project being approved, I wonder if Lego will make more Ghostbusters themed stuff, or if this is just a one and done.

I love love love this. 30 years...wow.  I can still quote a majority of the movie.  Great, classic comedy.

I'll be there to pick it up on the first day, and build it myself.  Going to have to put a few of these away, too.  Just like BTTF, there will always be a nostalgia factor for this set, especially among those of us that were teenagers back in the day.

Star Wars - check

Indiana Jones - check

Back to the Future - check

Ghostbusters - check

Now I just need the Orca from Jaws, maybe Rocky training in Russia, and all my childhood favorites are complete.

We must be similar in age.....add in the Pirate ship from Goonies and E.T and Elliott minifigs and I'd be a happy camper.