LEGO Ideas Results

TheOrcKing

Not really liking either of these. Pretty disappointed.

As collectors, I agree.

As resellers, I think the BBT set will be extremely popular. The birding community is pretty niche and intense, I wonder how many of them are Lego fans. If that number is significant - this set does well.

At least the next Idea review sets are cool.  

Not really liking either of these. Pretty disappointed.

agree with both posts.  (i wonder if a larger set like wayne maner would ever be selected).

Not sure if the Birds Project or Big Bang Theory will have huge "retail" demand like previous Ideas / CUUSOO sets. I doubt it but they could both great sleepers in the secondary market (sorta like what RI set has done to-date).

agree with both posts.  (i wonder if a larger set like wayne maner would ever be selected).

Not sure if the Birds Project or Big Bang Theory will have huge "retail" demand like previous Ideas / CUUSOO sets. I doubt it but they could both great sleepers in the secondary market (sorta like what RI set has done to-date).

Is RI a sleeper? ;)

Is RI a sleeper? ;)

yes, major sleeper when it was released.  nearly everyone was too busy buying Exo sets....

why else would a $20 set jump to $100 before retirement (note : i think it's closer to $70 now since more arrived at lego stores last month but we can discuss that in the RI thread) .

Yeah, I can see the birds being a limited edition set that will fly off the shelves once resellers catch wind that it could be the next RI.  I'll be waiting for Ornithologists everywhere to contact LEGO complaining that they can't find this set in stores and then the eventual NYT article which will increase the secondary market prices even more.

They need to have an episode where Sheldon is building that set, or just have one randomly placed in the apartment.

Ah ah that's what I thought, so it will be some kind of mise en abyme (I'm surprised this french expression does exist in english, like "rendez-vous")

Edited by biniou

As collectors, I agree.

As resellers, I think the BBT set will be extremely popular. The birding community is pretty niche and intense, I wonder how many of them are Lego fans. If that number is significant - this set does well.

I'm a fan of birds and the bird set still doesn't do anything for me :)  They're nicely built and all, but...meh.