LEGO Ideas Results

TheOrcKing

I would probably have made another choice, but I also would not have had a clear preference either. Now, for the next 6 I just hope it will not be the Apple store. There are already too many apples on this world. And I know that if it is going to be one of the Dr Who sets I just have to have it. Multiples probably. :frantics:

Seems to be a bit of bellyaching over the chosen set, in other forums.

I like the winner - it will be a good one to share with my 6 year old daughter.

I would have liked to have seen the Valkryie - it was an awesome looking piece.  And, oh, love for the old Robotech show doesn't diminish my desire for the set.  Oh well.

I hope the Apple set doesn't go through.  It's really boring to me.  I'm not a fan of the Big Bang Theory, so I have no desire to see that one through.  To me, a living room set and a few custom minifigs are just not "an idea."  That's why I would have shot down the Sherlock set, too.  Both of those are just very vanilla to me.

Doctor Who - I am a big fan.  And the TARDIS is not a living room.  So, yes, I'm backing that one up a lot.  I hope we get to see it.  I have a feeling, if it happens, they will combine the two sets into one.  If it doesn't happen, then it's because LEGO and the BBC are working on a bigger licensing agreement.  And if that's the case, then I think floating this out there was a way to gauge excitement, and see what the fans were interested in, without too much research cost.

What is this female minifigure set based on?  I just don't get the appeal, but that's ok.  There should be some more great sets to look forward to down the road.

based on science.  there will be plenty of appeal.  this is "woman power."   pretty much, advancements made by woman.   pretty cool in my opinion

additionally, a set like is "key" for TLG's PR and Marketing depts.  they must be thrilled beyond measurement.

more info 

http://www.thebrickfan.com/female-minifigure-set-may-be-next-official-lego-ideas-product/

• Like 1

Shocker that a bunch of guys (not talking about this forum, but the haters in general) don't like a set aimed at little girls.

From an investor's standpoint, i see great potential in getting 51% of the planet more interested in lego sets (and not just the princessy, or hang out at the mall and get our hair done type sets).

• Like 3

Shocker that a bunch of guys (not talking about this forum, but the haters in general) don't like a set aimed at little girls.

From an investor's standpoint, i see great potential in getting 51% of the planet more interested in lego sets (and not just the princessy, or hang out at the mall and get our hair done type sets).

Agreed.  There are actually a lot of adult, professional women that I know that are all over this set.  And at $20 a pop, it's a no-brainer purchase for their desk at work.

• Like 1

Agreed.  There are actually a lot of adult, professional women that I know that are all over this set.  And at $20 a pop, it's a no-brainer purchase for their desk at work.

I don't want to poo poo the set too much but I don't think this is going to lead into more female fans.  They buy one of these, but what else would they buy?  This seems like pandering and an answer to all the "sexist" comments about the Friends line. 

• Like 1

The girls in that set could just as well be boys, and I wouldn't like it a bit more. It is shocking that just because a set is "for girls" I apparently have to like it. I in fact like some of the friends sets, despite me not being a little girl.

• Like 1

I love this set, and my daughter will go ape for it. Every time we go to the build-a-minifig area of Legoland, she digs through the pile looking for "girl parts", but there's never much available. I think this set is going to be HUGE, because parents will snap it up for their daughters without feeling guilty like they might when buying a Friends set. And like others have said, anything that could create hundreds of thousands of new hobbyists and collectors is good for investing. 

10/10

No interest in this.

The girls in that set could just as well be boys, and I wouldn't like it a bit more. It is shocking that just because a set is "for girls" I apparently have to like it. I in fact like some of the friends sets, despite me not being a little girl.

Agreed. Not sure how this beat out the others. Its just meh and not that creative. This is just a very simple plain put-together that has "Female" stamped on it.  

How can this bring about excitement..really? Unless one of them is Angelina Jolie that is.

• Like 1

I'm not disappointed in the Research Institute, per se, I'm more disappointed that some of the other projects that LEGO had to choose from weren't chosen. I'm looking forward to the set, especially because of its price point, which could help its popularity.

As a general question, per each review, does LEGO only choose 1 of the projects, or is it possible to select more than one for production?

As a general question, per each review, does LEGO only choose 1 of the projects, or is it possible to select more than one for production?

I know for a fact that Lego chooses one of the projects to be made each review, but sometimes one set is going to be made, while another set is still in consideration, which probably means that it goes through another review process.

I'm not disappointed in the Research Institute, per se, I'm more disappointed that some of the other projects that LEGO had to choose from weren't chosen. I'm looking forward to the set, especially because of its price point, which could help its popularity.

LEGO stated they will only produce one set per each review, but if a project is not produced, such as the Portal project of this one, it is reevaluated by the LEGO CUUSOO/Ideas team and may or may not be produced as a set.

But hey, atleast consider we will be getting the Exo-Suit and most likely the T.A.R.D.I.S. from Doctor Who if they can get the license anyway, it would be silly for them not to produce a set that has two projects based on the same thing in the same review, but they did cancel the Legend of Zelda project 3 times so, who knows.

I'll probably put the chem lab on my work desk, then replace the minifig with a male scientist. Ladies, please put the picket signs down.

This seems like pandering and an answer to all the "sexist" comments about the Friends line. 

I hear you, but keep in mind this set still garnered 10,000 fan votes, a pretty good indication that people like the set.  I don't consider TLG selecting any set that garners this many votes as pandering - all of those votes prove a significant group of Lego fans want it.