LEGO Ideas Results

TheOrcKing

On 6/27/2017 at 11:02 AM, CM4Sci said:

If you take a certain Eurobricks member's profile picture as a hint, the next Ideas set is...

Today we will see if this turned out to be correct!! 

I personally hope for the Diner. Nothing else looks good, I have zero idea what Red Dwarf is and I think I should as should more than a few people on here in order to make it a set. I don't see much appeal for that. Maybe they'll do multiple idk. 

14 minutes ago, John82 said:

According to BrickSet we may get the results today: https://brickset.com/article/29685/lego-ideas-results-expected-later-today

Please let it be Red Dwarf, i need that set.

I think Doctor Who blew the chances of a cult classic show like Red Dwarf getting a set again.

No way they'll give RobenAnne a theme, especially without knowing the performance of the Fishing Shop.  Too bad they didn't make the Lighthouse their first set.

Vintage Tram would be a nice addition to run down the street of people's City, but since they already got Yellow Submarine, I'm thinking not a chance.  It looked like it had inexpensive going for it.

I really like ship in a bottle, because it showcases the power of LEGO for creativity an originality.  I worry the selection team is having flashbacks of Maze, though.  Nice concept; poor seller.

No to the UCS, because not reading the rules of the game isn't an excuse.  Same with SHIELD, the Marvel Super Heroes team thanks you for the free idea, and the Creator Expert team thanks you for the Land Rover and Golf.  In fact, say good-bye to those, because they don't want any accusations of stealing the idea.

Iron Giant is Wall-E 2.0, but with less appeal because it's not as fresh.  Us reseller scum will buy it anyway, because we're hoping it's Wall-E 2.0

The LEGO store is a really weak design when you start looking at the photos.  Plus, would LEGO really pay some other guy money for them to sell "self-portraits" that don't look like any store that I know?

I'd like the Diner if it meant that they were unintentionally creating a Retro City or Old City subtheme.  Hard to imagine it selling well, though.  The booklet ought to have grease stains.

Voltron, they haven't tested the classic cartoon.  I think it'd be a cool set that ultimately sells pretty poorly.  A 30-year old Japanese cartoon? If they would embrace Ideas as the AFOL theme, they'd have the right expectations.  To string it along to this review results probably makes it a sure thing, so long as their lawyers did their job.

It's going to be ship in a bottle. No license to deal with. It has cross over appeal to the casual fan of Lego. Would be good for gift giving. I like 50's diner but I just don't think they would make another big set until they see how Old Fishing Store does. 

13 minutes ago, jbacunn said:

It's going to be ship in a bottle. No license to deal with. It has cross over appeal to the casual fan of Lego. Would be good for gift giving. I like 50's diner but I just don't think they would make another big set until they see how Old Fishing Store does. 

Diner is actually not that big. As far as I remember, it has around 700 pieces (too lazy to check).

16 minutes ago, jbacunn said:

It's going to be ship in a bottle. No license to deal with. It has cross over appeal to the casual fan of Lego.

49 minutes ago, pstebbing said:

Ship in a bottle.
All day long.

Id have to agree, however, exciter stated my sentiments exactly.  

46 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Not real excited about any of them, especially that one.

My favorite is between Rey's UCS or the retro arcade games.  I will probably moc those up myself tho, pure nostalgia gaming in Brooks or LaVerdiere's arcade back in the day.

Edited by BricksBrotha

8 minutes ago, inversion said:

Diner is actually not that big. As far as I remember, it has around 700 pieces (too lazy to check).

Obviously I was too lazy to look too. It's 800 pieces.  It looks bigger than that in the pictures. 

Edited by jbacunn

Please Voltron!

So the Voltron Season 3 trailer dropped on Tuesday. And Season 3 is released in Amazon tonight.

I think if results are going today, it leans toward Voltron. Timing would be perfect. It would be perfect cross promotion.

/edit to add: It's 9:45 EDT / 3:45 PM in Denmark right now. Maybe we'll get an announcement at 5 Danish time?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, John82 said:

I think their twitter page has given it away, the Project Manager is sitting in a Tram.

I would be happy for the tram. Probably not good seller, but should please the modular crowd. Perfect for a modular street. If I were LEGO I would market it that way, promoting it with photos in front of a row of modulars.

Edited by inversion
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, CM4Sci said:

Congrats to you Voltron fans! Hopefully the model is jnteresting and good enough to make me want to get it as Ive never watched Voltron

Good to see that guy was right about Ship in a Bottle

woo!

I did not watch Voltron either, but I am happy to get a traditional Japanese mech for the sake of fun. Now somebody please pass a Godzilla so I can make them fight in my modular city.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, jbacunn said:

Thank God. @Alpinemaps would have been unbearable if it hadn't been made.  :jester:

I may have cried.  I certainly would have been in disbelieve.  What boggles my mind is that the Ideas submission happened last March, and we are just now hearing that it's official.  It's probably going to be next Spring (or maybe Comic Con time next year?) before we have a release.

My wife looked at me more oddly than usually, as I was bouncing up the stairs yelling "I'm ready to form Voltron!" over and over again.

2 hours ago, pstebbing said:

HELLL YEAAHHHH!!!!!

@Alpinemaps dude...plug in your phone. 18% AT 7AM?! Going to be lots of chatter today! ;-)

lol  I charge my phone all day at work.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1