LEGO Ideas Results

TheOrcKing

Yes, yes, yes! I had voted for the TRON Legacy Light Cycle set and am thrilled it will become a real set! :) 

Funny when they say about the Surf Rescue proposal:

Following the intensive LEGO Ideas review, we have however decided not to turn their Surf Rescue project into an official LEGO Ideas set. Despite this, we have offered to work with Damien and Aiden on some special projects to share their story and message. We will announce more about potential initiatives if they become a reality. 

I 'smell' an upcoming City Sub-theme centred around sun protection at the beach. :P 

Regarding the next review results of those six sets: I think NONE of them will get the green light.

Tron is owned by Disney.  Was probably the easiest license to pick up out of the lot.  To boot, they could do a whole line of Tron products.  Can anyone imagine the Carrier (original or Legacy) done in LEGO?  The fighters / bombers from Legacy, both with swing wings like Star Wars V19 Torrent.  The Solar Sail from original.  Off-road dune buggy with changing wheels from Legacy.  There could be a whole line depending on how this bike sells.  

I agree with others though, it needs something more like Clu on a red bike coming head-to-head with Flynn.  That would be a cool set.

4 hours ago, Haay said:

Yes, yes, yes! I had voted for the TRON Legacy Light Cycle set and am thrilled it will become a real set! :) 

Funny when they say about the Surf Rescue proposal:

Following the intensive LEGO Ideas review, we have however decided not to turn their Surf Rescue project into an official LEGO Ideas set. Despite this, we have offered to work with Damien and Aiden on some special projects to share their story and message. We will announce more about potential initiatives if they become a reality. 

I 'smell' an upcoming City Sub-theme centred around sun protection at the beach. :P 

Regarding the next review results of those six sets: I think NONE of them will get the green light.

They gonna do exactly the same with this set they did with GBHQ. Refused the idea at the voting stage, released later as a standalone set without giving any credit to the author, because they can.

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/513f51f0-f6ea-473f-83e9-9dc6a61e7a4c

37 minutes ago, Shewie said:

They gonna do exactly the same with this set they did with GBHQ. Refused the idea at the voting stage, released later as a standalone set without giving any credit to the author, because they can.

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/513f51f0-f6ea-473f-83e9-9dc6a61e7a4c

Unlikely, since LEGO already announced they are working with these guys, so credit will be given where it is due. They will not jump into the GBHQ PR nightmare again.

The most likely reason is that the submission is lacking on its own as an IDEAS product, but can be a good fit in a City theme with some extra message. If LEGO is truly smart, they can run a small PR campaign with it to raise awareness (and sell more sets).

Edited by inversion
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

I am sorry, is this a remake??? I thought LEGO already release a better light cycle set ?????

70167_alt1.jpg

Thanks for posting this. Exactly what I was thinking when I saw the IDEAS project page of this one so I didn't vote for it.

Too lazy to dig out the image of this UA set yesterday after seeing the result... lol but I guess people will just buy as long as there's a cool license attached to the sets.

Edited by cissi

• 1 month later...

Just watched TLG video revealing the new results.  Interesting, and obviously intentional, Easter egg with the bleeps in the middle of the presentation.  I'm no lip reader, but I could believe he says "Bespin set" when getting bleeped.  And it would make sense, as I don't see any of the other sets potentially being turned down because it's going to be part of a future mega-set...unless they decide to roll out some D2C 5000+ piece NASA set - which I would totally be fine with!  I think this is a clear tip of the cap that a new UCS Cloud City is coming. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Dr Jedi said:

Just watched TLG video revealing the new results.  Interesting, and obviously intentional, Easter egg with the bleeps in the middle of the presentation.  I'm no lip reader, but I could believe he says "Bespin set" when getting bleeped.  And it would make sense, as I don't see any of the other sets potentially being turned down because it's going to be part of a future mega-set...unless they decide to roll out some D2C 5000+ piece NASA set - which I would totally be fine with!  I think this is a clear tip of the cap that a new UCS Cloud City is coming. 

The Brick Fan seems to agree with you here: https://www.thebrickfan.com/is-a-lego-star-wars-ucs-cloud-city-set-coming-soon/

• Like 1

• 4 months later...