LEGO Ideas Results

TheOrcKing

Personally, I would love to have Atlantis since I missed out on the first big space shuttle set, but I don't think that will happen, since like others said, they just released the ISS and still have the Lunar Lander and the current City space sub-theme on shelves. So I think that will put both NASA sets out of the running.

I could see them looking at the success of the Friends set and deciding to go with The Office.

I don't think that they would do the Haunted Mansion because I think they have plans to eventually release one with the Creator Expert Disney Parks sub-theme.

I also think that they like the Anatomini set since they carried it over from the last round, just like the playable piano that was eventually selected. I really dislike this set though and don't see it doing well at all from a resell perspective.

I wouldn't mind seeing Winnie the Pooh or the Seven Dwarves house as I believe both of them would do well on the secondary market.

Maybe they could pick the blacksmith to put on shelves next to the pirate bay and see which one sells better if they are thinking of bringing either pirates or castle themes back... could help them make their decision haha.

I think that they will just go with Anatomini and pass on the rest.

blacksmith.thumb.jpg.919cdd19cc0847681ab4014b4314a56e.jpg

I'm thrilled that this project has been picked to become a real set! Every AFOL is going to want this set! It looks splendid!!!

Will be interesting to see what the LEGO Ideas design team will do with the Winnie The Pooh project. I think it could take some improvement still:

Pooh.thumb.jpg.55a36e7729985181e567f0fc43f3acd2.jpg

Edited by HandyHand
  • Like 1

It is just me .. or does anybody else not see anything "blacksmithy" about that model? Where are some tools, work area (shop).. fireplace.. ? I really wonder why they picked this. the shuttle was much more elegant and they should not be afraid to issue a 3rd piece into fantastic NASA Expert (ideas) line.. if their internal designers are so stubborn as not to invent it themselves..

THIS is a real blacksmith idea.. 

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/fe760b8b-4d27-4ab9-9373-353661f4a9f8

The Medieval Blacksmith shop looks like a difficult build, but I like it.  I was a huge Winnie the Pooh fan when I was a kid.  I used to cry every episode my Mom told me.  That set is fine, but it works for Disney and LEGO.  Really like the Space Shuttle and Thunderbirds sets though.  It would be nice to see them done in the future.  

16 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

It would be nice to see them done in the future. 

I've only been watching the ideas process the last couple years. How often (if ever)do they revisit submissions that made the first cut but didn't get picked?  The Adams family house was really nice.

5 minutes ago, Belac said:

I've only been watching the ideas process the last couple years. How often (if ever)do they revisit submissions that made the first cut but didn't get picked?  The Adams family house was really nice.

None that I can recall.  To be honest, many of these Ideas "losers" are way better than the sets designed by The LEGO Group's paid employees.  

• Like 6

37 minutes ago, fuzzy_bricks said:

I like the blacksmith shop due to the unique look of the build, don't really care what it's called.  I see a goat in there, wonder if those will make a return.

I'd bet Lego scales this thing down and just uses some similar techniques.

I, too, wonder how they will scale this. Will it be of the Modular type like OFS or will they go the Creator route and have it open to show the inside. I prefer the former.

I like both of these as well.  Would guess that the Blacksmith will be a similar scale to the OFS.  I also agree that the Pooh set needs a bit of improvement, but the concept is solid.  I know it's against the rules, but it will be interesting to see if Lego makes any new molded pieces for the figures/characters in the Sesame Street set later this year, or this Pooh set next year.  They've avoided doing that in the past (Flintstones would have really benefited from that), so I'm guessing it won't happen, but some of those Pooh characters need to be refined worse than the build.

The Blacksmith shop reminds me of the Old Fishing Store, but the complexity seems greater. Is this the official image or just the submission? I think LEGO tends to redesign quite a bit from ideas submissions of past.   

Just the submission. Although I’m sure they’ve been working out the feasibility throughout the review process, we won’t see pics for awhile.

Both ideas are there though I imagine the final products will have much changed in way of structure and flow. The Medieval Blacksmith should make for a tasteful Tudor style house and I can potentially see LEGO molding all five of the main cast shown here or at the very least Pooh with Piglet. Now that I mention it, a Collectable Minifigures line for Winnie the Pooh characters could be a possibility. I believe there would be enough for a series.

12 hours ago, KShine said:

Nice set - I think what helped was it's nostalgic reminiscence to the original Blacksmith Shop.

Which was a fan design in itself at the time. I may still have the physical Shop-at-Home catalog somewhere that first featured it (around late 90's/early 2000's I think).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Typewriter is the next pop up book. Cute gimmick, but will take forever to sell out.

Seinfeld will be Gold Jerry, Gold!

I haven't watched Home Alone in 2 decades... I assume many people fall in the same boat. Curious on how this one will do as I haven't heard anyone mention the movie in a very long time.

7 minutes ago, brickvoyeur said:I haven't watched Home Alone in 2 decades... I assume many people fall in the same boat. Curious on how this one will do as I haven't heard anyone mention the movie in a very long time.

Do you have kids?  We watch the first two Home Alone movies every Christmas.