LEGO Ideas Results

TheOrcKing

20 hours ago, keymomachine said:

Latest IDEAS Round has closed, these are the submissions that will be evaluated. What looks good to you? I love that A-Team van and maybe the UP House. Otherwise it's like a bunch of Parisian restaurant modulars and Medieval Blacksmith rehashes.

Maybe this LINK to the blog post will work (used a URL shortener to hopefully fool the referral link system that always breaks these).

I am so ready for Spaceballs: The Winnebago.

Also the "tinyurl" worked for me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 5 weeks later...
4 hours ago, CosmicSpeed said:

@$20 on joe vs danThere is your trumpet you called out on the Christmas set.

thanks for remembering

I remember first seeing the quartet...my initial reaction was amazement (felt like it was taking LEGO to a different level)...but after seeing it over time I feel more MEH about it. Other than being super unique as a model it's not a particularly interesting build.

LEGO is definitely pushing the music genre...(especially w/ VIDIYO retirement pushed back)

Edited by $20 on joe vs dan

12 hours ago, coelian said:

Jazz Quartet, The Office approved and Snow White pending. Kind of meh for me, sitcom sets are getting kind of boring, hope snow white gets approved.

I have always liked the style of MOCs the Jazz Quartet is being that middle ground of large enough for much detail yet still small & abstract like a statuette of a painting.

A set based around another sitcom is not surprising at this point though I suppose at least there is some consistency being shown here in the program. I am just wondering how it will fare altogether considering the set is for the US version of the show.

'Twould be nice to see a more traditional take on the Snow White tale without Disney butting it's corporate head into the mix.

• 2 months later...

https://www.brickfanatics.com/vincent-van-goghs-the-starry-night-painting-is-being-turned-into-an-official-lego-ideas-set/

LEGO Ideas Vincent van Gogh The Starry Night featured

pretty stoked this got approved

I feel like the recent "2-D" art sets from LEGO have been seriously lacking and tries to do what LEGO is not (2D).  This set brings what LEGO offers to a new motif...this one is classic, recognizable and very well done.  If it takes off so many more possibilities in the "fine art" theme

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...