LEGO Ideas Results

TheOrcKing

Typewriter - As @brickvoyeur stated, cool but the next Pop Up Book

Seinfeld - Fits the trend of having Show-themed sets. I really like this and I can see it being on FRIENDS level of success

Home Alone House - Strange this was chosen, but maybe they can make sure to add a lot of play features fo the traps Kevin sets up.

As a Zelda fan, I hate this one didnt make the cut. However, with the Super Mario IP, I would imagine that LEGO is already trying to look at the success of that line to HOPEFULLY bring a more traditional playset for a Zelda Theme. One can hope. Maybe they can align it with the sequel that is in the works.

Edited by CosmicSpeed

17 minutes ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

so these are the winners or do they get lumped into another round? 

Nope.  This was it.  Those three will go into production.

Seinfeld - I loved the show.  Do I need a set for the show?  No.  But will I pick it up?  Probably.

resize_to_fill-400-400-2.jpeg 

resize_to_fill-400-400.jpeg

resize-800-450.jpeg

The design is pretty spot on, and I like it.  I doubt we'll see the floor end up as all plates, even though it does look accurate to the show.  The creator included the pic of LEGO Jerry doing a stand up routine, and I'd love to see them incorporate that into the final product.  Maybe if that one wall on the left of the apartment was straightened out, then you could have a very small stage on the back side of that.  You just need something small for a single minifig to fit on, and an appropriately colored backdrop, and you've got the comedy stage.  They should also include the small generic statue piece, to represent Superman (since he appears in every episode)

18 minutes ago, CosmicSpeed said:

Seinfeld - Fits the trend of having Show-themed sets. I really like this and I can see it being on FRIENDS level of success

Makes you wonder if Community is a slam dunk.  I suppose there's always rights issues that gets involved with something like this, but I suppose it's just another marketing outlet for a show, so why not?

On 6/23/2020 at 11:46 AM, Alpinemaps said:

Nope.  This was it.  Those three will go into production.

Seinfeld - I loved the show.  Do I need a set for the show?  No.  But will I pick it up?  Probably.

The design is pretty spot on, and I like it.  I doubt we'll see the floor end up as all plates, even though it does look accurate to the show.  The creator included the pic of LEGO Jerry doing a stand up routine, and I'd love to see them incorporate that into the final product.  Maybe if that one wall on the left of the apartment was straightened out, then you could have a very small stage on the back side of that.  You just need something small for a single minifig to fit on, and an appropriately colored backdrop, and you've got the comedy stage.  They should also include the small generic statue piece, to represent Superman (since he appears in every episode)

better than the stand-up backdrop would be Kramer's shower...which got me thinking of add-ons: like for Friends there should be a fooseball table scene add-on

With Friends and now Seinfeld, someone needs to get making an Ideas set of Frasier.  The NBC Thursday night trinity!

Additionally - sad the winter chalet didn't get chosen.  I thought that was a nice successor to the OFS

Edited by Dr Jedi
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dr Jedi said:

I think Home Alone must have a pretty strong following.  I see it on TV all the time - not just during the holiday season.  

Last night I was telling my wife about this (the announcement of the ideas sets - she supports my lego addiction, and puts up with me talking about stuff I know she doesn't care about but listens because it's a passion haha)  I was saying to her that I thought Seinfield was a shoo-in, but I would probably drop to my knees and start crying over dramatically like I was Kurt Angel winning the WWE Title in 2000.  Home Alone will probably rocket to my favorite set of all time, because my nostalgia goggles are strong with that IP!  I'm so stoked to see it pass!  Now only if we can get a Married With Children and Family Matters set!  

1 hour ago, Alpinemaps said:

Makes you wonder if Community is a slam dunk.  I suppose there's always rights issues that gets involved with something like this, but I suppose it's just another marketing outlet for a show, so why not?

I thought Community was good but stopped watching after a few seasons, ill have to pick it back up. Im more of a Parks & Rec fan myself. Not sure if there has been an Ideas submission for that, but I would totally be down for more sitcoms. Never was into Big Bang, so these can really be hit or miss in regards to the fanbase. Dare I even mention ADVENTURE TIME....yeesh, that was an example of a poor decision.

1 minute ago, oneknightr said:

Bring on the Knight Rider KITT set and then Airwolf! That would be beyond amazing for me. 

I haven't bought the Friends or BBT sets, so Seinfeld will be a pass for me too. My kid might want the Home Alone house. He LOVES that movie.

I'm no executive, but a Seinfeld set would definitely be on my desk at work.

• Like 1

The typewriter is cool, but I agree with others, it runs a good chance of being the next pop-up book.  The pop-up book needs more internal stories to make it really good.

Seinfeld is kind of meh for me even though I enjoyed the show... 30 years ago.  I enjoyed the reruns even more once I moved to New York City.  A lot of jokes made way more sense.  But I'm not really into sitcom LEGO sets.  I doubt I'll ever get this or any of the others unless they go 50% off.

The Home Alone set I think has the most potential, depending on how they do it.  Could be a great play set with lots of traps (play features); looks great in a city setup; or a great display piece during Christmas time.  Just as long as they don't give it the same treatment they gave the Flinstone's set.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oneknightr said:

Bring on the Knight Rider KITT set and then Airwolf! That would be beyond amazing for me. 

I haven't bought the Friends or BBT sets, so Seinfeld will be a pass for me too. My kid might want the Home Alone house. He LOVES that movie.

Throw in the A-Team.  Mr. T!!

• Like 2