LEGO Ideas Results

TheOrcKing

18 minutes ago, iahawks550 said:

The Office would sell as well or better than Friends. That is a money printing set. 

Yes. Shocking that LEgo couldnt realize that on their own after the success of friends... Seinfeld will kill it as well. speaking of which, shouldnt that one be out already?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

Yes. Shocking that LEgo couldnt realize that on their own after the success of friends... Seinfeld will kill it as well. speaking of which, shouldnt that one be out already?

I am thinking they still need to work out the details of the set vs the MSRP.  The actual set for the Office was constructed differently than BBT, Friends, or Seinfeld.  It was an actual office space with office equipments as suppose to an open stage.  That bigger the Office Ideas set probably ends up with $120 MSRP.  Sorry, but the small one simply does not do it justice 

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, keymomachine said:

Results are in! Hopefully this link works otherwise:

Of all the submissions in this review quarter, that lighthouse was about the only one I could see passing under a slim margin. Although "the LEGO Group has never created one with such incredible details and at such a scale" as per the blog article states, I have lost count with all the lighthouses (and tree houses for the matter) LEGO has released over just the past ten or so years.

If they are planning in keeping the large somewhat Architecture micro-scale style then they can cram many details into the final product. On the other hand a more minifigure design would be the perfect companion next to the Old Fishing Store.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, TheOrcKing said:

Of all the submissions in this review quarter, that lighthouse was about the only one I could see passing under a slim margin. Although "the LEGO Group has never created one with such incredible details and at such a scale" as per the blog article states, I have lost count with all the lighthouses (and tree houses for the matter) LEGO has released over just the past ten or so years.

If they are planning in keeping the large somewhat Architecture micro-scale style then they can cram many details into the final product. On the other hand a more minifigure design would be the perfect companion next to the Old Fishing Store.

100% agree. 

I was also thinking it would compliment the Fishing Store quite well, but I would still want it to be a tall lighthouse. Maybe they will take inspiration from this:

the-lighthouse-film-review-gq-october-10

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
27 minutes ago, keymomachine said:

It should really have two Saturn V and Ship in a Bottles :D Otherwise I see all the ideas things I can think of.

Good one, I didn’t think about that, can you tell which version of the SATURN V that is ;) 

Never mind I was  wrong the Vintage blue car is there upper left. 

Edited by Pseudoty
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Pseudoty said:

Good one, I didn’t think about that, can you tell which version of the SATURN V that is ;) 

Still I think there is one set missing. Here is a clue: it is in a way “similar” to a very recent set or my old eyes just aren’t seeing it. 

I thought one was missing, but ship in the bottle is in top left cubicle.

37 minutes ago, HandyHand said:

Rumours in detail:

Set 21329 - Black Stratocaster, September 21st VIP release, October 1st general release, $100 price.

Set 21330 - Home Alone, November release, $250 price.

source: https://www.instagram.com/p/CSr4_WrrVvJ/

cannot for the life of me see how lego are churning out so many ideas sets but yet retiring 3/4

the home alone set is a pure winner

Edited by joneyyy1981

12 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

side question; when the Ideas set is a GWP how does the original creator get compensated?

The GWP set was from a contest Ideas ran.  Here's the link to the contest (copy and paste):

https://ideas.lego.com/challenges/92cc4e64-35e1-48aa-a991-2c4ef1aaea12?challenge_phase=4fe193f7-fd07-406a-9ed6-b2438ab90652&query=&sort=top

The relevant text, though:

As the Grand Prize winner of this contest you will get the exclusive opportunity to have your model transformed into a new LEGO Gift with Purchase set. On top of that, you will also receive the following:

• The exclusive opportunity to have your model transformed into a new LEGO Gift with Purchase set 
  • 10270 LEGO Creator Expert Bookstore 
  • 21322 LEGO Ideas Pirates of Barracuda Bay 
  • 40436 Lucky 
  • 40385 Trophy 
  • 40370 40 Years of LEGO® Trains 
  • 40407 Death Star II Battle 
  • A LEGO Ideas Tote Bag

FIVE RUNNER UP WINNERS WILL EACH RECEIVE:    

• 10270 LEGO Creator Expert Bookstore 
  • 40370 40 Years of LEGO® Trains 
  • 40407 Death Star II Battle  
  • A LEGO Ideas Tote Bag 

So, never intended to be something that you'd get paid for.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Latest IDEAS Round has closed, these are the submissions that will be evaluated. What looks good to you? I love that A-Team van and maybe the UP House. Otherwise it's like a bunch of Parisian restaurant modulars and Medieval Blacksmith rehashes.

Maybe this LINK to the blog post will work (used a URL shortener to hopefully fool the referral link system that always breaks these).

ideas.thumb.webp.0f8276ae9f9dfc6f9626c36c0c6d5960.webp

Edited by keymomachine
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, keymomachine said:

Latest IDEAS Round has closed, these are the submissions that will be evaluated. What looks good to you? I love that A-Team van and maybe the UP House. Otherwise it's like a bunch of Parisian restaurant modulars and Medieval Blacksmith rehashes.

Maybe this LINK to the blog post will work (used a URL shortener to hopefully fool the referral link system that always breaks these).

ideas.thumb.webp.0f8276ae9f9dfc6f9626c36c0c6d5960.webp

There is a lot to like there, but like you said many are just rehashes of the Medieval  Blacksmith. My top 3:

1. Lifeguard Shack. Holding out hope for a Yasmine Bleeth minifig. 

2. Up House. Looks great  

3. Basement. Neat and attaches to any non corner Modular. 

• Like 1