LEGO Ideas Results

TheOrcKing

1 hour ago, keymomachine said:

Wow, Four were chosen out of 39

https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/a4ae09b6-0d4c-4307-9da8-3ee9f3d368d6/post/4be91cf1-bb84-4942-ba9d-773871e98790

Insects

image.jpeg.b871493b565b29bb4c860b6338110b8b.jpeg

THE ORIENT EXPRESS, A LEGENDARY TRAIN

image.jpeg.e2e3f3b51ee84affcdab3e3c60c2929c.jpeg

TALES OF THE SPACE AGE

image.jpeg.6d9336f5639acde4fd7ac5c4f500b9f6.jpeg

POLAROID ONESTEP SX-70

image.jpeg.2c0e67aba72471d24d02cd8cde145869.jpeg

Pseudoty called this last one!

I am getting old, only 1 out 4 of my guesses was correct (Polaroid) :P 

I think they should combine Tales with Polaroid.  Those frames from Tales can be the polaroid pictures coming out of the camera

• Like 2

Wow, of all the rounds to choose 4 winners...

These are all crap.  The ironic thing is that these sets all get at the heart of what the Ideas line is/should be, but none of them are particularly interesting.  

The only possible winner is the Orient Express - if they do it well.  There will certainly be inherent fans of the set because it's a train, but also plenty of us that have essentially no interest because it's a train.  If it's well-detailed with plenty of minifigures, then you could have something.

The bugs will do no better than the Birds set did years ago, and I don't recall that being a great seller.  

No one is going to buy that space set until it's heavily discounted.  I love the space stuff from Lego, but this is just boring as hell.  

The Polaroid camera is nostalgia in all the wrong ways.  Another set looking at a short production run and likely significant discounts.  

Once again, the better sets are left on the cutting room floor.  I'm ready for the next Bricklink sets - and let's get some printed instructions this time!

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, keymomachine said:

I like the space art sets. But more as like an idea for making something myself. BUT, it's a great sub $100 ideas set.

So probably a $150-200 train, $60 insects, $40 Space Art, $100 Polaroid (that no one wants even a little bit)

Going by legos current prices I fear your guesses are optimistic. £200 to 300 for the train £75 to 100 for the insects and art. £150 for Polaroid. 

7 hours ago, Dr Jedi said:

Wow, of all the rounds to choose 4 winners...

These are all crap.  The ironic thing is that these sets all get at the heart of what the Ideas line is/should be, but none of them are particularly interesting.  

The only possible winner is the Orient Express - if they do it well.  There will certainly be inherent fans of the set because it's a train, but also plenty of us that have essentially no interest because it's a train.  If it's well-detailed with plenty of minifigures, then you could have something.

The bugs will do no better than the Birds set did years ago, and I don't recall that being a great seller.  

No one is going to buy that space set until it's heavily discounted.  I love the space stuff from Lego, but this is just boring as hell.  

The Polaroid camera is nostalgia in all the wrong ways.  Another set looking at a short production run and likely significant discounts.  

Once again, the better sets are left on the cutting room floor.  I'm ready for the next Bricklink sets - and let's get some printed instructions this time!

With birds there was one guy here who said it will be the holy grail, so I suppose bugs will be the next thing. 😛

On 10/25/2022 at 10:22 AM, keymomachine said:

Insects look like fun but also an amalgam of various Creator sets throughout the years. Orient Express is the victor of a poultry meal though truthfully another artisanal train. Space Age Tales could make for a row of some cute vignettes. My money's on the instant Polaroid Camera. Not as investment. Just for me and my childhood.

Good thing LEGO said the bigger sized Harry Potter (UCS) Hogwarts Express train is a one-off in that scale. A detailed Orient Express train that fits on the regular LEGO train tracks and is also PowerUp ready (no need to include power functions to keep the cost down, as long as it's ready to be powered if desired) should be a winner. Really looking forward to see what the LEGO designers will turn this project into!

I'm not at all interested in the Polaroid Camera, just like I wasn't interested in the LEGO Typewriter either. Regarding the Insects ... It depends on whether it will be similar to the Birds set from 2015, or be something different. We'll have to wait and see. 

The Tales of Space look nice, but are probably boring to build. We'll also have to see what the LEGO designers will turn this into for the final product.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, gmpirate said:

How does one use the file?

From the “Read Me”:

Please prior getting parts be aware that this is not an official Lego set, therefore it might be less stable or have other flaws that official sets do not have.

Open any of the documents using Google drive, copy all and paste into BrickLink’s (upload) menu to create your wanted list. Then you will be able to search for parts through the entire Bricklink.

Instructions will be made available later as a file. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

From the “Read Me”:

Please prior getting parts be aware that this is not an official Lego set, therefore it might be less stable or have other flaws that official sets do not have.

Open any of the documents using Google drive, copy all and paste into BrickLink’s (upload) menu to create your wanted list. Then you will be able to search for parts through the entire Bricklink.

Instructions will be made available later as a file. 

Anyone figure out yet what this would roughly cost to gather your own parts?

2 hours ago, BRIX23 said:

Anyone figure out yet what this would roughly cost to gather your own parts?

In Brickstore, using new parts, I find the following:
Engine: $130
Tender: $84
Diner Car: $95
HoboRide Car: $104
Tail Car: $142

It might be easier to use rebrickable to a combination of other sets that make up 80%-95% of the parts, as most of the high cost parts are from trains (wheels, windows, glass, motor, etc.)

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/a4ae09b6-0d4c-4307-9da8-3ee9f3d368d6/post/1631477b-271d-4263-ab61-10ddd55baefe

Lego will probably do one of the “look what lego can do sets” like the Clock, code cipher or suitcase and something else. 

I rather like the clock, but also a good number of bangers in this group. I love the Architects House:

image.jpeg.ebaaf316c83787a8d80d28d8e336e644.jpeg

And the UP! House is well executed

The Alpine Refuge looks WAY too much like the Winter Chalet that made the cut over at Bricklink recently.

Edited by keymomachine
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

Ideas based on Disney properties that are not currently used by LEGO probably have bigger chance for approval since LEGO has working relationship with Disney  🤔

• Like 1

16 hours ago, exciter1 said:

Not as nice as the submission, but here it is. I’m crying just thinking of the first ten minutes.

I wonder who will be the first to record a video using real standard balloons to make this house build rise into the air same as the film. And yes, the start to the movie was heartwarming as it is heartbreaking, always will be.