Retired Product Update Thread (2014-2017)

I apologise if this is old news but i had just had a quick look for santas workshop in the uk and it is now marked as retired product.  Checked and TH and HH also now marked as officially retired.

This is common. Lego will "retire" the winter sets then bring them back later in the year when its closer to christmas. I believe WVM was labeled retired last year as well before making a comeback. 

I thought the only set that has ever done that was the WMV......I don't recall any other set retiring then coming back. I could be wrong.

If you are right, and I haven't been around long enough to say you aren't, what if the only reason they "unretired" the WVM was because of poor sales? The same reason it continues to linger on Amazon. What if they have an original production run and then retire it right after Christmas, expecting it to sell out? I guess we would need seal codes on WVM to test this.

Of course, this is pure speculation so it's in the wrong thread. Some veterans can and should correct my logic on this.

Disclaimer: I fully expect Santas Worskhop to be available in spurts through the summer, maybe Fall.

Edited by BrickLegacy

I thought the only set that has ever done that was the WMV......I don't recall any other set retiring then coming back. I could be wrong.

Ah, I thought they did this to a few winter sets and WVM was just the last one. Hmm, maybe it was just an anomaly but it would be surprising if SW was really retiring. 

Winter sets are only usually sold from late fall through February or March (if they last that long). WVM is one of the only ones that has stuck around year round (last year) and again this year most likely. In my opinion this is due to poor sales. SW will be back next fall and be sold through Christmas. What is odd is that it should have been gone by now. I'm not sure why Lego keeps producing more. In any case unless something changes WMV should now be retired and SW will go another Christmas with another new winter set being released late fall.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

3315 Olivia's House
4204 Mine
4429 Helicopter Rescue
6860 Batcave
7965 Millenium Falcon
9398 Crawler
9492 Tie Fighter
9493 X-Wing Fighter
10211 Grand Emporium
10223 Kingdom's Joust
10224 Town Hall
10225 R2-D2
10226 Sopwith Camel
10228 Haunted House and all MF sets
10233 Horizon Express
10235 Winter Village Market
10682 Creative Suitcase
10937 Arkham Asylum Breakout
20214 Academy Sets
21002 Empire State Building
21005 Fallingwater
21012 Sydney Opera House
21103 Delorean Time Machine
31012 Family House
40058 Decorating the Tree
41006 Downtown Bakery
41007 Heartlake Pet Salon and the entire 4100x line
41050 Ariel's Amazing Treasures
42000 Racer
60013 Coast Guard Sets (60013, 60015)
60021 Cargo Heliplane
60022 Cargo Terminal
60064 Arctic Supply Pkane
70010 Lion CHI Temple
70404 King's Castle
70504 Garmatron
70505 Temple of Light
70813 Some Lego Movie Sets
75005 Rancor Pit
75020 Jabba's Sail Barge
75021 Republic Gunship
75029 Microfighters Series 1
76005 Daily Bugle Showdown
79008 Pirate Ship Ambush
79010 Goblin King Battle (and other sets)
79105 Baxter Robot Rampage
79111 CTC and all Lone Ranger sets
79122 Some Turtles Sets

May the 4th came early this year.

• Like 6

Thanks for posting!  I am not sure if you got this from Canada or US but the handful I spot checked on US agree with this list.  The only one that jumped out at me is the Winter Village Market 10235.  It is still available at retail at amazon.com for anyone who completely missed it.

Thanks for posting!  I am not sure if you got this from Canada or US but the handful I spot checked on US agree with this list.  The only one that jumped out at me is the Winter Village Market 10235.  It is still available at retail at amazon.com for anyone who completely missed it.

​From US LEGO Shop at Home

All the old minecraft sets are gone too from the US website

​I noticed that too but I thought that they had already been retired.