Retired Product Update Thread (2014-2017)

How long does it usually take for the product to retire in the U.S?

It depends.  Hobbit sets have already retired in the EU, but are still quite numerous here in the states. 

Although, I think the last of the stock for the ToO is dwindling and will be gone by october.  I'd say it's going to be a little bit longer on the hobbit sets.

Is it common knowledge that, by retirement/sold out status, LotR might be more popular in Europe whereas Star Wars is bigger in the US? Or is thete no popularity connection between earlier retirement here or there? I mean, could also be simply different production run sizes instead of more or less popularity.

Is it common knowledge that, by retirement/sold out status, LotR might be more popular in Europe whereas Star Wars is bigger in the US? Or is thete no popularity connection between earlier retirement here or there? I mean, could also be simply different production run sizes instead of more or less popularity.

I could be wrong but I always thought LotR was more popular in Europe...

• Like 1

In the US they love them and it's an easy 60% gain on these trooper packs within 12 months.

The Battle Packs used to be a huge winner.  With all the new choices now, I wonder if interest will be watered down.  The Chinese knockoffs will hurt these as well.

The Battle Packs used to be a huge winner.  With all the new choices now, I wonder if interest will be watered down.  The Chinese knockoffs will hurt these as well.

I was able to buy some older Battle Packs (Clone Troopers Vs. Droidka, Hoth Rebel Troopers) for close to RRP shipped. If you can make anything off of shipping at RRP, then you can make money. Otherwise, I wouldn't waste my time.

My Endor Trooper packs have been selling for $30 on Amazon, so I'm still a believer.  I usually pick these up whenever I can get them $5-$7, so if you can sell for $17-$25, they are a good winner.  I usually bundle 2 together for $35-$40 to lessen the hassle.

• Like 2

My Endor Trooper packs have been selling for $30 on Amazon, so I'm still a believer.  I usually pick these up whenever I can get them $5-$7, so if you can sell for $17-$25, they are a good winner.  I usually bundle 2 together for $35-$40 to lessen the hassle.

I was always a fan of the Battle Packs. I haven't really been paying attention to them as of late because of the sheer number of sets, but after reading what you wrote, I guess they are still quite profitable.

42021 snowmobile officially retired at EU shop. Only 18 month shelf life in EU so quite rare.

Is it just me or are we seeing more and more differences in retirement dates between US and European markets?

I agree. I just wish it wasn't so hideous. I know that means nothing based on 21103 but if it looked more like 8272, I'd be all over it.

• Like 1

No offense, but this thread is in serious need of housekeeping.  It used to be for posting of Lego official retirement announcements, that was it.  If this thread had new content, you could bet you'd be reading about retired sets.  

Yes, my post needs removed, too.  Perhaps a mod can clean this thing up.  We have many other threads to discuss speculation, markets, etc.  I've actually been quite busy, lately, and haven't had nearly as much time to read and contribute to BP.  But, I do check a few threads, including this one, just to track my portfolio and stay on top of market developments.  Please keep this one on topic.  

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...