Retired Product Update Thread (2014-2017)

It would be cool if this info could be added to the product/value page that we currently have. Seems like we have the value, msrp, and dimensions. Would be fantastic if it was available with the rest of info.

Also, I would really like to have the info about the number of bags each set has. It would make things easier when buying open box items. Of course, it would be mostly for recently released sets rather than old ones, since that info would probably be hard to get now.

I know Jeff mentioned this as an option at some point.

• Like 1

It would be cool if this info could be added to the product/value page that we currently have. Seems like we have the value, msrp, and dimensions. Would be fantastic if it was available with the rest of info.

The info is collected on a lot of sets already but not yet displayed on the sets main page.  if you go to this part of the page "If you would like to add/edit information for this set listing, click here and earn Brickpoints!"   you can then go in to edit the set info.  One of the items in there is the set retired yes/no flag and the date of retirement.  If the info is already entered it shows up there (I have checked all the sets on my list and added the data for the ones that were missing).

You can't see the retired info on the main set page and I think it is on Jeff's to do list for new features down the track, but not a huge priority compared to some of the other exciting stuff coming up.

Thanks. MSRP shouldn't be too hard, I'll add them next update I do.

Not sure if it's really needed as nearly every country has a diff MSRP price unless we have a few diff MSRP listed or make this file US-centric,. Personally, I think first available date (from shop@home) might be more meaningful :)

Also, I would really like to have the info about the number of bags each set has. It would make things easier when buying open box items. Of course, it would be mostly for recently released sets rather than old ones, since that info would probably be hard to get now.

I know Jeff mentioned this as an option at some point.

I have seriously considered starting a master list on this.  I know there's an incomplete list that's out there, but I'd love to get a nice list going.  I was going to start with my own information, as I've got a few bigger sets sitting there, waiting for me to open up.

So, yes, I'd love to contribute to this too, if it gets added here.

The sealed bags per set thing is a good idea. There are dozens of threads where people have asked for that info on one particular set. We could start a thread similar to the Number of sets per Lego shipping box thread Once we get a decent amount of data we could ask Jeff to work it into the database and set pages as a future improvement.

This actually is a very good idea!!

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

Not sure if it's really needed as nearly every country has a diff MSRP price unless we have a few diff MSRP listed or make this file US-centric,. Personally, I think first available date (from shop@home) might be more meaningful :)

The file is all based on US Lego shop dates already.  Adding US MSRP would be easy as I already have that data to hand from all the stuff I do for Top 20 blog posts etc.  Adding the first available date would be interesting.  Wish I had done it while going through all 340 odd sets this first time on Brickset.  Don't think I want to do that again, but if someone else wants to I'd be happy to incorporate it.

This actually is a very good idea!!

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

OK.  I've started a new thread for it:  http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/10178-number-of-sealed-bags-in-each-lego-set/

I'll start by doing a forum search and grabbing any previous info we have, but people can start posting in there now.  I'll then create a table like the shipping box thread and we can go from there.

The file is all based on US Lego shop dates already. Adding US MSRP would be easy as I already have that data to hand from all the stuff I do for Top 20 blog posts etc. Adding the first available date would be interesting. Wish I had done it while going through all 340 odd sets this first time on Brickset. Don't think I want to do that again, but if someone else wants to I'd be happy to incorporate it.

We could prob pull all the set date info from Brickset even using Excel macros. I'll look into it as we did pretty much the same 5-6 years ago for whatifsports.com hoops dynasty (for recruiting and player ratings).

We could prob pull all the set date info from Brickset even using Excel macros. I'll look into it as we did pretty much the same 5-6 years ago for whatifsports.com hoops dynasty (for recruiting and player ratings).

I have a bit of experience doing that as well.  It could possibly be done, so have a go if you want, that would be great.  I see a bit of difficulty though as Brickset names the URL for each set page with both the set number and the set name using hyphens instead of spaces.  Not sure if names line up well as things like apostrophes get a hyphen as well.  Could still probably be done though.

Tried to like that graph 10 times, it would only let me do it once. :-(

Of course that doesn't reflect how long some of those sets were sold out prior to retirement. I am guessing we will see stuff like the Batmobile/Two Face lingering on there sold out until November perhaps.

• Like 1

Tried to like that graph 10 times, it would only let me do it once. :-(

Of course that doesn't reflect how long some of those sets were sold out prior to retirement. I am guessing we will see stuff like the Batmobile/Two Face lingering on there sold out until November perhaps.

The dates probably do reflect the sold out time.  Because there is no date recorded on when Lego puts up the "Retired Product" tag it's impossible to gather that historical date info, so what we have here is the last stock available date from Brickset for all sets with a Retired Product tag on the official Lego site.  Sometimes those dates will be the same, other times a set will go out of stock for a while before it gets the official "Retired Product" tag.  To me that means the set went EOL at that last stock available date.

Of course the set still might be available at other retailers for a while, but the official word from Lego is what really seems to kick off the secondary market price growth as people buy up that stock fast to take advantage of Ebay buyers trying to get one.

Moving forward I'd like to collect both dates - the last date available i.e. the date it went "out of stock" for the final time (sets go in and out of stock frequently so that requires a lot more data collection) - and then the actual date Lego flicks the "Retired Product" switch.

• 1 month later...

Ok not sure if all of these are current retirements.  Here are the non duple, minifig, random etc. stuff.

9499, 9696,9525,9500,70703,9515,9496,60010,70006,70706

Thanks waddamon.  I'll update the list in the next day or 2.  Maybe they'll put a few more out this week, will be interesting to see if it was a one-off update or if more will trickle through.

Thanks waddamon.  I'll update the list in the next day or 2.  Maybe they'll put a few more out this week, will be interesting to see if it was a one-off update or if more will trickle through.

Anyone has a list of dates in 2013 when LEGO Shop at Home was doing retire sweeps? I.e. is there pattern year-to-year?