Retired Product Update Thread (2014-2017)

Why are people anxiously awaiting these retirement status updates? Do you need confirmation of what you've been able to see with your own eyes for months now?

Why do people gather together and stay up until late on December 31st ?  New year falls on January 1st year after year. :)

Edited by Darth_Raichu
  • Like 3

Why do people gather together and stay up until late on December 31st ?  New year falls on January 1st year after year. :)

Point taken, and I understand why people will be excited when these sets are officially marked as retired. Not sure it's worth F5ing and watching for daily though like some people seem to be doing. :P

Why are people anxiously awaiting these retirement status updates? Do you need confirmation of what you've been able to see with your own eyes for months now?

Because I am not a liar and I only put "retired" on my ebay listings if it says "retired" on the Lego site. Now I will be able to. Other than that, it doesn't really make much difference to me.

Because I am not a liar and I only put "retired" on my ebay listings if it says "retired" on the Lego site. Now I will be able to. Other than that, it doesn't really make much difference to me.

Are you really selling TH, HH, R2 etc. already though? This all just seems moot to me since selling anytime near when the retired label is slapped onto a set seems a bit premature.

I am not looking to sell HH and R2 no. But X-Wing and MF? You bet! Deloreans and Micro Worlds? Sure! And I would move 1 or maybe 2 of my TH right now for $525 shipped. That's a fantastic return.

Edited by mscheaf

Yes it is. And you wouldn't even have to lean on a "retired" label to get it! See my point?

No I wouldn't have to "lean" on the retired label. I never said I had to "lean" on it. But now I can include that in the listings and if it helps me get an extra penny it was worth it.

Individual pages for many sold out items have no details on them as of now, so perhaps we'll see the mass retirement today.

e.***., http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Grand-Emporium-10211?fromListing=listing

The sold out search page has two products on it.  The retired product search comes up empty.  Hopefully this is the mass retirment and official confirmation we have all been waiting for.

Hi, Are they updating the EOLs or is there a problem with the website. Grand Emporium does not show any longer?

Find a all TMNT sets at 50% from the movie and 30% off for some others 2013.

MATTEL bought MEGA BLOKS and have the license back for TMNT and same for Bob's sponge ( all NICKELODEON license).

I heard Spiderman, but I have to check this one. 

Edited by ninocerruti