Retired Product Update Thread (2014-2017)

On 11/6/2017 at 12:37 PM, Villager Chris said:

At least Lego have a sense of humour, even if they cannot shed any light! 

CUSTOMER
I notice that Speed Champions 75870 retired a few weeks back from Lego store, but now it is available again. Why is this? 5:23 PM  

You are now chatting with Jenifer

JENIFER
  Hi Chris 5:26 PM

CUSTOMER
Hello! 5:26 PM  

JENIFER
  I didn't know it said it was retired before. 5:27 PM

CUSTOMER
Yes, from about 14th October!  5:27 PM  

CUSTOMER
I was just wondering why sets come back from the dead! 5:27 PM  

JENIFER
  My only guess is that this is now a zombie Corvette! I've never heard of this happening before. 5:28 PM

JENIFER
  I'll have to report this to the web team. Were you on the region for UK when you saw it retired?5:29 PM

CUSTOMER
Very good! I think it happens occasionally, like the White House previous years.  5:29 PM  

CUSTOMER
Yes. I bought a couple from Amazon thinking it was the last chance, but here it is again!  5:29 PM  

JENIFER
  Oh no! 5:30 PM

CUSTOMER
13th October was the retirement date. https://brickset.com/sets/75870-1/Chevrolet-Corvette-Z06 5:30 PM  

CUSTOMER
It was retired, not sold out! 5:31 PM  

JENIFER
  I'll definitely report this, it's not helpful if a set says retired and it's not. Especially if a fan wants it like yourself. 5:31 PM

CUSTOMER
Thanks. It's always good for collectors to know retirements as ir helps to inform buying choices! 5:32 PM  

CUSTOMER
Is it going to retire again soon!!?? 5:32 PM  

CUSTOMER
Judging by history, it is due to retire this year. 5:33 PM  

JENIFER
  Yes, it looks like this is the last year of production so it should be retiring again at the end of the year. 5:33 PM

JENIFER
  And for good this time! 5:33 PM

CUSTOMER
Ok, thanks. Yes, please do pass on my observartions. Perhaps it was an error by the web team.  5:34 PM  

JENIFER
  That's what I'm thinking, too. You're welcome, Chris. 5:34 PM

CUSTOMER
Have a good evening!  5:35 PM

I'm sure she's concerned about your investing. ;)

I especially love the part where you complain about it saying retired, not sold out. Her response is perfect (considering it had come back in stock xD )

Edited by jimmajenga
spelling

strange thing is, that all these (unannounced) retired items still showed "max. limit per order 20" - I would expect that they would gradually decrease the number to 10 .. than to 5 .. all of the others tagged "retiring" show also max. limit per order 20 - so given this view they could retire any minute now

18 minutes ago, crayxlp said:

strange thing is, that all these (unannounced) retired items still showed "max. limit per order 20" - I would expect that they would gradually decrease the number to 10 .. than to 5 .. all of the others tagged "retiring" show also max. limit per order 20 - so given this view they could retire any minute now

No, they are just happy to see this BS going away...

these three also look like RETIRED. when the same thing happened to the 70588 Ninja Tumbler, it was like "over a carbon copy / paper".. on the first day it went out of stock.. on the second day it totally disappeared from the dbase... and two days afterwards listed as retired..

70595 Ninjago - Ultra Stealth Rider
70594 Ninjago - The Lighthouse Siege
70627 Ninjago - Dragon's Forge

Edited by crayxlp
typo
  • Like 1

On 10-11-2017 at 8:34 AM, crayxlp said:

these three also look like RETIRED. when the same thing happened to the 70588 Ninja Tumbler, it was like "over a carbon copy / paper".. on the first day it went out of stock.. on the second day it totally disappeared from the dbase... and two days afterwards listed as retired..

70595 Ninjago - Ultra Stealth Rider
70594 Ninjago - The Lighthouse Siege

And now these 3 are confirmed retired...

On 10/11/2017 at 1:34 AM, crayxlp said:

There's something about this set that makes me have a good feeling about it. The forge itself looks pretty good and the two-headed blue & red dragon looks excellent. Combined with a less than one year release period this might be a future winner!