Retired Product Update Thread (2014-2017)

37 minutes ago, andyposterfan said:

I got one in the Lego Force Friday -40% but sold it as didn't actually appeal to me.

the surprise retirement and short run has to calls a few things into question.

what else could go? 

for more early retirement clues check out the usa walmart clearance thread.  system wide walmart clearance has been nearly 100% spot on predictor of EOL in the last 18 months. list is at the top of the thread.  resistance x-wing and poe's x-wing were both cleared.  one glaring exception is minecraft the cave which retired last year in europe is still  kicking around in usa because of its incredibly high sales rank on amazon #3 most popular lego and #142 most popular TOY.

apologies for further graffiti in the inner sanctum.  this thread will need to be cleaned up (cough @Alpinemaps) since its supposed to be strictly limited to retirement updates .

Edited by cladner
  • Thanks 1

Guest TabbyBoy

I have 6 of each X-Wing so I’ll wait for Poe’s to retire before selling both as a pair. I got them at 50% off so should get my money back. No more “Disney Taxed” sets for me.

Guest TabbyBoy
30 minutes ago, Villager Chris said:

image.thumb.png.840eacb39fde95f625b711cb711e59ab.png

Gone too. 60134 Fun in the Park. 16 month run.

Good, I bought about 20 of these before last Xmas from Amazon EU for under £17 each.

Guest TabbyBoy
16 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Balogni, we all know you sold out long ago. emoji23.pngemoji882.pngemoji507.png?‍♂️

So what am I expected to do with sets that I bought before I stopped buying to lose invest? ;-)

If I ever get back into the game, you'll certainly know about it. If 21309s start disappearing from UK retailers, could I be to blame?

1 hour ago, TabbyBoy said:

So what am I expected to do with sets that I bought before I stopped buying to lose invest? ;-)

If I ever get back into the game, you'll certainly know about it. If 21309s start disappearing from UK retailers, could I be to blame?

You already sold everything and have nothing left.  Believe us, we know!  Well, besides the 3 other times in the past 2 days you mentioned finding and selling stuff you no longer have.

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, exciter1 said:

You already sold everything and have nothing left.  Believe us, we know!  Well, besides the 3 other times in the past 2 days you mentioned finding and selling stuff you no longer have.

I don’t recall saying that I’ve sold everything. I still have thousands of sets left, but not as much variety as before.

6 hours ago, Val-E said:

Are all these sets going straight to retired from available status?

Yes I think so. I have checked Speed Champions almost daily as I like these cars. Good news as it brings a little excitement back into choosing which sets to buy. 

Edited by Villager Chris
  • Like 1

Don't forget that he won't sell boxes anymore because people complain about his shoddy packaging.
  • Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy
3 hours ago, redghostx said:

Don't forget that he won't sell boxes anymore because people complain about his shoddy packaging.

Buyers on here haven’t complained about my packaging! ;-)

Guest TabbyBoy
3 hours ago, Loghamel said:

Yeah.  I don’t think any of these are retired in the US.  “Those guys” almost always get dibs on retirements.

No... you lot get first dibs as you now know what is retiring so you can load up. However, I can’t see this appreciating to much above RRP like the OT X-wing, if at all. It’s a good test for Disney SW sets. This is why I bought 6 not 600 ;-)

6 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

No... you lot get first dibs as you now know what is retiring so you can load up. However, I can’t see this appreciating to much above RRP like the OT X-wing, if at all. It’s a good test for Disney SW sets. This is why I bought 6 not 600 ;-)

This is how I imagine your storage space to be: :D

raiders17.png

• Haha 2